Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #155
NiR

Drives: 2011 camaro 1LT with rs

well here is my new wheels and tires. i installed 1 set of gorilla locks as well. I am going tomorrow to install my viper alarm/tilt sensor package and will also might add a new exaust and get my car tinted.
NiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #156
jayscamaro
Banned

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
Bro reguardless of what you do your gonna end up with something ****ed up. I live in a bad part of new York city, if they can't take your wheels you will just provoke them them to break your windshield key your car or anything of that sort
jayscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #157
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscamaro View Post
Bro reguardless of what you do your gonna end up with something ****ed up. I live in a bad part of new York city, if they can't take your wheels you will just provoke them them to break your windshield key your car or anything of that sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiR View Post

well here is my new wheels and tires. i installed 1 set of gorilla locks as well. I am going tomorrow to install my viper alarm/tilt sensor package and will also might add a new exaust and get my car tinted.
Wheels look cool. Hope insurance covered it. What the damage from the bricks???
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #158
5cents
Dave

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS - Black/CGM Stripes
These guys were obviously not your everyday punk kids, they knew what they were doing. And you're right, they had probably been planning this for awhile. Wheel locks came with my 2011 Camaro, my dealer puts them on all the vehicles he sells. True, wheel locks might not stop determined thieves from getting your rims and tires, but they will slow them down. That might make them think twice.

Have you thought about an alarm system that senses vehicle movement, jacking up? That's about the only suggestion I can give you, other than sleeping in the back seat with a .44 mag and a hungry pit bull.
Attached Images

5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #159
CSM088

Drives: 1981 Z28 // 2010 1SS LS3
I second the tilt sensor idea. Have those thieves looking around scared when your car alarm starts blaring next time they try that shit.
CSM088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #160
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
Shoot first....ask questions later.....House got broken into last year 4 times, all while i was at work. guess who my new neighbor upstairs. He had my schedule, noone cared until i told him i was gonna kill him if i saw him near my door, then he started breaking in other condos not mine, unfortunatelly he was never charged! But I made my point real clear to him......STAY THE F--- AWAY ! I hope u can figure out something so this won't happen again!!!! New rims r really cool tho!!!
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #161
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
You just have to pray for lowlifes like that man. I'm sorry for that. A few years ago when I had my beamer they broke in my car. Then later I bought the camaro not even 3 days in from purchasing the car. They keyed my car on 2 different occassion. So I can imagine your frustration. Get it off the streets. All I can say is KARMA !!!!!!
ActNup NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #162
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
it doesn't pay to have anything nice anymore with savages on the loose out here I swear !!!!!
ActNup NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #163
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #164
M_Knife_Shamylan
Book Learner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT, 1999 Tahoe 2Dr.
Say what you want about South Dakota, but I've never have had any of my property messed with.
M_Knife_Shamylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #165
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
SCUMBAGS!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #166
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
The thing to remember about wheel locks;

They'll break INTO the car to get the key. Happened to my brother in Chicago a few months ago. Don't keep the key in an obvious place (glove compartment, with the spare and jack, etc.). The guys got caught on camera a few nights later down the street trying to lift another car. They pulled along side the car with a pickup and pulled out a floor jack. The owner of the car had a video camera installed in his work van parked behind the car (something to do with his company's insurance). Got a great close-up of one of them peeking in the windshield of the van. Police picked him up the next morning!

A motion sensitive alarm with remote pager works great, if you don't live on a high traffic street. Otherwise, you'll get tired of running out to turn off false alarms, then stop arming it.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #167
NiR

Drives: 2011 camaro 1LT with rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSM088 View Post
I second the tilt sensor idea. Have those thieves looking around scared when your car alarm starts blaring next time they try that shit.

already got estimates for viper alarm/sensor package. also which viper should i get? i want a 2 way alarm(so it can let me know when my alarm goes of) and the tilt sensor.
NiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #168
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
Shoot first....ask questions later.....House got broken into last year 4 times, all while i was at work. guess who my new neighbor upstairs. He had my schedule, noone cared until i told him i was gonna kill him if i saw him near my door, then he started breaking in other condos not mine, unfortunatelly he was never charged! But I made my point real clear to him......STAY THE F--- AWAY ! I hope u can figure out something so this won't happen again!!!! New rims r really cool tho!!!

you have to be real careful with that kind of stuff, especially in NY. like it or no, you shoot and kill somebody there's a pretty good chance they charge you with something. I had a friend how had a friend (didn't actually know the guy except by name) who was getting money from an ATM when someone tried to rob him. he beat the guy within an inch of his life. ended up getting like three year in jail for it.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote