Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2017, 06:55 AM   #29
Dragan187

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
To find the best bang for your bucks you may need to extend your search area...There are some great deals on this site being offered and companies like CarMax will ship any car that you like to their nearest lot, sometimes the shipping is free, but if it's a long distance there is a non-refundable charge, you are still not obligated to purchase the car...Good luck in your search and do not settle for any less than you desire...
I do check carmax, autolist, and autotrader frequently. If you check carmax right now and type any distance for the search function, you wont find one with this low of miles and price. Plus Carmax is haggle free pricing. My finances are in order but im still a tight ass and want to find the best deal possible. Right now, i owe a little over 9Gs for my 2011. I guess my point is, I dont wanna pass on a deal thinking theres a better one out there, if this is as good as it gets.
Dragan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #30
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan187 View Post
I do check carmax, autolist, and autotrader frequently. If you check carmax right now and type any distance for the search function, you wont find one with this low of miles and price. Plus Carmax is haggle free pricing. My finances are in order but im still a tight ass and want to find the best deal possible. Right now, i owe a little over 9Gs for my 2011. I guess my point is, I dont wanna pass on a deal thinking theres a better one out there, if this is as good as it gets.
Just get it-- What're you doing wasting your time asking here ???!!!!
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #31
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
If a manual trans is a option for you I would pass on that car . The LS3 matched with the NPP exhaust on any Version of the SS is a better starting point . The driving experience is much better with the LS3 and NPP then the L99 . The afm drove me nuts going from 8 to 4 cylinders on my 2010 SS and the exhaust note was non existent.
Of course you could tune the afm out and add exhaust but the mods will add up and may be better to just find a LS3 with NPP .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #32
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Get the v8. You wont realize the other stuff is missing. Except maybe the HUD, HUD is nice.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #33
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
i dont think thats a bad price but look and see what it is worth. you can go under their asking price. a bird in the hand and all that.

cloth interior.. vs leather?

i traded up from my v6 (with everything ) to a 1le. never looked back.. 40 more payments and this baby is mine!!

(kidding just a year or so to go.) only on weekends and prefer when she isn't with me.

Open exhaust (no weeds) windows down and some damn loud AC/DC cranked up!!!!

good luck, keep us posted!!

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #34
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Speaking from someone who recently got an SS as an upgrade from an LS, absolutely 100% worth every single penny. Personally the options aren't a huge deal to me, I just happen to find a 2SS/RS for sale about 5 minutes from my house. Would I have still gotten it if it was a base model SS? Probably. Just don't put a cold air intake in it.
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:25 AM   #35
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan187 View Post
I understand completely...As I am frugal as well...And I agree with your last statement as well...Good luck with your choice...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:51 AM   #36
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippon14 View Post
Do you want some go or show? You can always do some mods on the SS and change the appearance.
Show or go?

Lame analogy there, both the 2SS and the 1SS "go" the same speed.

That's a terrible deal to begin with, the 1SS has none of the goodies in it and you're basically getting a base model Camaro with an LS3.

For the same price a bit more patience, you'll find a 2SS with nearly the same mileage.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #37
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
There is a better deal out there the fact is its the last place you look though.....LOL get some Prep H for that itch..... a 2ss is worth it for the differences especially.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:08 AM   #38
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
Ugh, here we go again with"the 1SS is stripped" or "the 1SS is the base model". If you want an SS grab one. It's a nice step up from the v6 in power. There are 1SS that are upgraded on some things the 2SS comes standard with. Unless you HAVE to have leather there are lots of things that come with a 1SS. I laugh at some of the guys with early year 2SS talking down later year 1SS. Mine has plenty of things your 2SS didn't come with. I say if you find a good deal on an SS the 1SS vs 2SS is not as critical as the price.
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:31 AM   #39
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiemac View Post
Ugh, here we go again with"the 1SS is stripped" or "the 1SS is the base model". If you want an SS grab one. It's a nice step up from the v6 in power. There are 1SS that are upgraded on some things the 2SS comes standard with. Unless you HAVE to have leather there are lots of things that come with a 1SS. I laugh at some of the guys with early year 2SS talking down later year 1SS. Mine has plenty of things your 2SS didn't come with. I say if you find a good deal on an SS the 1SS vs 2SS is not as critical as the price.
Correct !! The so-called leather seats are a joke anyway.
Mine came with cloth and for a G I had Real leather seats installed -- The seating area, the bolsters and the backs.
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:14 PM   #40
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Okay, here's the real deal. You have to look for a 2SS for leather & HUD. You will want to get a RS package for a few extra goodies, ex) if it was a coupe, painted rail moldings on the roof & painted fin.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #41
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I would mostly miss my HUD as it is both cool and saved my A$$ a few times as I find the regular speedo hard to see with my wheel tilted down. I like the leather too but I think the 1SS is hardly a stripped car as someone noted earlier.

Test drive the car and see what you think of the differences. Does the 1SS have the LED strips on the door insides? I really like those too...
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #42
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
I believe the light strips are a 2SS. My BIL has a 2SS, his light up a soft blue. He is bothered that the roof rails & fin aren't painted. Chevy plays around to much with us and trim levels I agree a 1SS isn't stripped, that distinction goes to the 1LS level.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote