Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #15
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
and that's his subtle compensating car you should see his other one!

trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #16
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #17
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
So I watched it with no sound. All I can see is the driving. Watching it that way, the only thing I see is a D-Bag guy driving the truck.

What dash camera do you have? The picture quality looked good.

I bought mine off Groupon when they were $65. And it looks like they are selling another set of them at that price.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-the-...-dash-cam-pony

I figured for that price I might as well give it a try. I haven't reviewed night footage on my PC yet but there are some reviews that say it doesn't have the best night vision depending on the angle you have it at and your headlights.

I'd also go to say it's not really true HD even though it claims it. But it does a good enough job for the price and you can make out anything you need to. (Like a truck's license plate.)

One issue I have with it is that I can't figure out how to get it to time stamp the actual video I copy over to my PC. It shows up on the little screen when you replay it, but not on the copied over video file. I may just not know what I'm doing... But I've set all the options I can find for a date stamp.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #18
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Also being in TX there may be a good chance he is packing heat.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #19
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Also being in TX there may be a good chance he is packing heat.
aren't we all? This is Texas!!
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #20
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
You were fine. I live in mASSachusetts and when a firetruck or ambulance goes by it's like a green/white/checkers flag in a NASCAR race with asshole trying to jump a few spots to save 15 seconds in their otherwise pointless lives.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #21
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
I would have followed him to his destination waited till he stepped out and ran him over several times.
He drives a Versa, at most you might inflict a nasty bruise by running into someone with that car.

In all honesty the OP handled it better than I would have. I would have let the truck hit me, and with the dash cam showing what an aggresive DICK move the driver of the truck performed and how he was at 100% at fault, the Versa would be getting upgraded.

I drive an HHR into downtown daily which no one wants to mess with. It's ugly, has some mass, and not afraid to swap paint.(and I get 28mpg) IMO it's the perfect commuter car.
I have been rear ended by a Kia Sedona minivan and while I drove away with a slightly messed up rear bumper, she had to be flat bedded out and probably totaled out.

I would consider a dash cam, but that might be worse for me because of my slightly aggresive nature of driving.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #22
_sleepy_
Kitten Mittens

Drives: 2010 1SS M6
yea this is harmless dont even let it get to you, In NY this is a daily occurrence with assholes just swerving in front of you or speeding past you in the right lane just to get one car ahead of you, the sole fact you guys simply use the blinker for its designed purpose....
_sleepy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:28 PM   #23
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
you gotta let it go these days. these people don't care about anything . I get cut off just about every time i drive, whether on a street or a parking lot.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:18 PM   #24
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
I Drive from Cut N Shoot to Stafford thru HWY 59 three days a week for Physical therapy and I swear I have at least 10 road rage incidents to and from. I have found that maybe 8 out of 10 cars is a Douche Bag Mercedes or BMW driver thinking he can cut in and out of traffic doing 80 when traffic is doing 40 mph. The other 2 are guys that have to "one up" you and get mad if you pass them and they have to stay ahead of you by any means. I have been wanting a dash cam for a while now. I would need at least 4 facing in all directions, lol.

Matte Black Jeep GC SRT8 20 inch wheels, SRT8 Sway Bars, Custom Hood, black Plasi-dip Custom Cross Road Runner Stripes and decals, Custom Rear Diffuser, Plasti-dip rear black out Panel. Halo Fog lights.

Please Help if you can Paypal: icanbe_reached@hotmail.com
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:43 PM   #25
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
The guy in the truck is a Dick. You did the right thing...you never know what would've happen had he hit you.

Sean Hannity is awesome!

Did you catch a glimpse of the Camaro in the opposing lane?
Old 05-15-2015, 10:55 PM   #26
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Truck was a dick.. ( proof in the lift and tires on his pickup). You might have been a little greedy trying to slip in with the guy in front of you - but I doubt it required that prick move he did.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote