Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 05-15-2015, 11:49 AM   #421
Misty

Drives: 11 SGM 2LT/RS
Not sure what to think. While I can see the changes it doesn't look like they did too much to the exterior. Of course, when they reveal better pictures/video maybe it will show better detail. I still like my 2011 SGM and would not trade up as I already have paid mine off and prefer not to have car payments again
Old 05-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #422
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
lol even worse, it looks like a current model Camry

Oh Lord... you're right. I was sure hoping the 6th gen would pay homage to the 2nd Gen. Looks like they decided to "modernize" the 5th gen instead. I'll be keeping my '14.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #423
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
Not everything is about having the fastest car.

Personally, I prefer the look of the 5th gen over the 6th. Hell, I would love to own a 1st gen over anything since, even if the newer technology would smoke it 5 ways to Sunday.

You start overdesigning a car, and you start venturing into Euro wannabe status. The current gen Mustang and from what I'm seeing out of the 6th Gen Camaro are venturing a little too close to that line for my comfort. If I wanted an overdesigned car that could go fast, I'd buy an M3. Stop trying to be the American M3.
you are right, it's not always about being the fastest. but being on a Camaro enthusiast forum, I bet a good majority care about speed.

I'm just confused at the comments. some of you have terrible eyes. either that, or some of you just see things you want to see. Some people are saying it's too close to the 5th gen, which I don't know how that is a bad thing. And then some people are saying it looks like a Toyota or nissan. So if it looks like a Toyota/nissan, how can it look like a 5th gen? unless the 5th gen looks like a Toyota/nissan. if so, I've never heard that comparison before.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #424
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'UU View Post
Well thats a nice try to justify all of the remarks being made except I am still holding onto my money, I haven't bought one yet, and as of right now my eyes AND WALLET are saying "Buy used". There isn't going to be THAT much of a difference in the SS power models. And the LS's have a much greater after market right now. It will take a while for the LT's to come around.
Yep... that's the problem right now. The styling of the 6th gen is so close to the 5th gen, and in some ways not in a good way, that the true incentive to buy the new model has to come in what new technologies they have on the car, and what they have done to the interior. If people aren't absolutely blown away by those upgrades, the used market for the 5th gen is going to explode, because why would you buy new when you can get nearly the same car for a fraction of the price used?
Old 05-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #425
Optimus

Drives: Former 2010 and 2013 Camaro owner
Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink so, here's mine. When the 14s came out, I was very impressed with the meaner/more aggressive looking front end but wasn't sold on the rear. As time went by, I really ended up liking it a lot. Regardless of whether or not this was a sneak peak before the "official" reveal, I personally think the front end on the 16 is bad ass looking. Still mean and aggressive but a bit more grown up. As for the rear... I think I like the tail lights better than the 14/15 but I need to see them in person. All in all though, I am impressed. With all of that said, I am willing to bet that this new version will be a VERY big change when it comes to driving it and better in most every way than my current 2013. Even more disappointed that I am flying to Japan tomorrow instead of driving to Detroit. $100 says it looks even better in person and especially in RED!
Old 05-15-2015, 11:52 AM   #426
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I think that 50% of the reason I am going to purchase a 6th Gen (will wait for LT4) is just to spite the idiotic 10-13 5th gen owners that think the sun rises and sets with their cars.

Information on this car is going to only get better as this reveal rolls out. Everybody needs to relax. This car is going to be very good.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #427

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'm trying real hard to see why this car was even camouflaged in the first place. I have yet to see any of the much touted and unseen "details" that would make it an upgrade over the 5th....

So far, the evolutionary concept in styling for Camaro seems somewhat underwhelming. If this evolutionary business is what most were expecting and hoping for, well.....congratulations.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #428
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Old 05-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #429
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
WARNING TO ALL:

The admins/mods are watching Camaro6 closely so if you're here to troll, incite, or just to make yourself feel better, you will be subject to infractions and losing access permanently to Camaro6 and/or Camaro5.

If you have opinions, share them in a respectful and mature manner (and no need to keep repeating yourself - that's trolling). So, if you're here just to troll the new generation Camaro, you will be noticed and weeded out.

To all other members: feel free to use the report post button to report any such activity.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #430
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
To be honest... I think its the 6gen guys that are being super defensive. it looks alright. If you want it get. Just talking here. I could buy it. But it didn't sell me sorry.
Honest opinion. There just seem to be a selection of 5th gen owners who are simply hating to justify themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
This is denial at its finest.
Seriously because looks are the only thing that makes a new generation, instead of a car built completely on a difference chassis.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 05-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #431
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I wonder who sat in the design meetings for the rear bumper and said "man, we need to put some strange creases in the bumper under the tail lights". They look like wrinkles or something, really an eyesore to me at the moment.

I think we need to forget thinking about this car as a muscle car and more of a 2 door sports coupe since that is what it is evolving into. For me, if it loses it the raw muscle car feel then there are other cars that it should be compared to. If I wanted a Camaro with a fancy interior and bland styling then why not just buy a Cadillac ATS. The point of these cars is that they should appear muscular, loud, shake a bit at idle, have a basic interior, big motor and go fast for $30k.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #432
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Also, even if the specs were exactly the same, the 6th gen will be faster, because it'll be lighter by at least 200lbs.
Lighter than what? They never said which model it is 220lbs lighter than. If it is the ZL1 then it is still heavy....If it is a loaded SS that is better....If it is 220lbs lighter than a Z/28 without air then we are in the money and deductive reasoning says it could be there.

The ATS Coupe RWD, 2.0L curb weight is 3411....So for fun lets say the Camaro will be 3600 or about 220lbs less than the current Z/28.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #433
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'm trying real hard to see why this car was even camouflaged in the first place. I have yet to see any of the much touted and unseen "details" that would make it an upgrade over the 5th....

So far, the evolutionary concept in styling for Camaro seems somewhat underwhelming. If this evolutionary business is what most were expecting and hoping for, well.....congratulations.
honeslty, I think most people are still reserving their judgment until after tomorrow. and I believe most people have said that.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:56 AM   #434
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Seriously because looks are the only thing that makes a new generation, instead of a car built completely on a difference chassis.
I don't understand how more people don't understand this.... Under that skin is a whole new car.

Closed Thread