Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
usnavydoc

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3, 2012 Ford Focus SE
There's a reason stupid drivers pay more for insurance

I was minding my business and driving along, when I noticed a car change lanes abruptly, right behind me. The idiot was tailgating me, and when I gave him a brake check, he changed lanes and drove up next to me. It was an audi a4 station wagon. Driver said "don't be a *****, let's race!"

If I was 18-25, I probably would have stomped it and smoked him, but being 35, I saw that it was a danger to the public to race because traffic was heavy and pedestrians were on the sidewalk. It didn't help when my girlfriend told me to smoke him. But I thought, I have nothing to prove, and only pay $80 a month for full coverage insurance with geico. Not worth it. So ignored the idiot, and when he realized I wasn't going to be provoked, he stomped on the accelerator and went about 60 in a 30 MPH zone. Lo and behold the next thing I see is a police car blow by me and pull up behind him. That ticket won't be cheap and the idiots insurance will go up.

This made me think of the thread a few weeks ago where the op complained people kept trying to race him in lame cars. I am just glad that common sense rules now, and I am not the immature punk I was. I would be angry if i got a ticket racing an audi station wagon. I am pretty sure that betweeen the two of us, if we had raced, the cop would have gone after me. I just smiled at my girlfriend and told her that's why you have points in your driver license and pay so much for insurance.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
v6

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT RS
Nice story I love when that happens. Im never tempted to race
Old 05-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
J666

Drives: Camaro
Should have pulled over and told the cop he wanted to street race you.
J666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
9072SS/RS

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS RS
Touché, I have noticed that also while driving and some ricer will come out of nowhere and try to race, I just casually look at my speed to check I'm at the limit and continue to cruise. Twice now I have been tested not to race and have witnessed said riders getting pulled over me being 42 and i love my low premiums will save any racing for the track.
9072SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #5
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Oh that had to feel good to see that idiot get ticketed. That is really stupid for him to try and race on a side street. I semi raced my car once but like you maturity prevailed. A fellow camaro owner pulled up next to me and even went so far as to back up at a stop light to line up so I took off fast and semi raced him but it was a 45mph zone and I pulled up at 47 lol. I wanted to keep going cuz it was a rush for those few seconds but I don't need tickets and I certainly wouldn't hit hard off of the highway. Plus we were pulling up on the highway patrol station.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
usnavydoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by J666 View Post
Should have pulled over and told the cop he wanted to street race you.
I did. The cop said I know, I was behind the two of you.

If someone wants to race, that's what a track is for. Having been a navy corpsman and emt for so long, i have seen some bad wrecks and refuse to place my girlfriend and the public in danger to prove who's car is faster. I always think if I lost control and hit someone that person is someone's father, brother, friend, mother, sister, etc. I would hate to be the one in court and face the loved ones of the person I hurt. Again, rarely people think of consequences when immature.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #7
usnavydoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9072SS/RS View Post
Touché, I have noticed that also while driving and some ricer will come out of nowhere and try to race, I just casually look at my speed to check I'm at the limit and continue to cruise. Twice now I have been tested not to race and have witnessed said riders getting pulled over me being 42 and i love my low premiums will save any racing for the track.
When I was 17 I wanted a camaro z28. I went to AAA for an insurance quote - they quoted me over $6000 a year. I almost crapped in my pants, and needless to say, I did not get the z28. I don't miss the days of high insurance premiums.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #8
J666

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnavydoc View Post
I did. The cop said I know, I was behind the two of you.

If someone wants to race, that's what a track is for. Having been a navy corpsman and emt for so long, i have seen some bad wrecks and refuse to place my girlfriend and the public in danger to prove who's car is faster. I always think if I lost control and hit someone that person is someone's father, brother, friend, mother, sister, etc. I would hate to be the one in court and face the loved ones of the person I hurt. Again, rarely people think of consequences when immature.
You're a good man.
J666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
usnavydoc

Quote:
You're a good man.
Thank you sir.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #10
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
I would of went right up to that dudes car after he got pulled over and fricken just pointed and laughed at that A hole. What a douche. Good job not racing.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #11
Vaux96

Drives: 45th 2SS LS3, 05 Ram 1500 SLT
Quote:
You're a good man.
Agreed.

Vaux96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #12
gelboy1015

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, MKIII Supras
Had a WS6 T/A try and start stuff earlier. I guess he was learning how to drive the car, but he was going really slow in the right lane so I moved over to pass him. Right when I get up next to him he gives it some gas and keeps looking over. I just kept looking straight and cruised. He got butthurt and turned at the next light, lol.
gelboy1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #13
usnavydoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelboy1015 View Post
Had a WS6 T/A try and start stuff earlier. I guess he was learning how to drive the car, but he was going really slow in the right lane so I moved over to pass him. Right when I get up next to him he gives it some gas and keeps looking over. I just kept looking straight and cruised. He got butthurt and turned at the next light, lol.
Good job. That's a pet peeve of mine when someone drives like they have a Prius or like their engine blew, but when you try to pass them they get butt hurt and speed up.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #14
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnavydoc View Post
I was minding my business and driving along, when I noticed a car change lanes abruptly, right behind me. The idiot was tailgating me, and when I gave him a brake check, he changed lanes and drove up next to me. It was an audi a4 station wagon. Driver said "don't be a *****, let's race!"

If I was 18-25, I probably would have stomped it and smoked him, but being 35, I saw that it was a danger to the public to race because traffic was heavy and pedestrians were on the sidewalk. It didn't help when my girlfriend told me to smoke him. But I thought, I have nothing to prove, and only pay $80 a month for full coverage insurance with geico. Not worth it. So ignored the idiot, and when he realized I wasn't going to be provoked, he stomped on the accelerator and went about 60 in a 30 MPH zone. Lo and behold the next thing I see is a police car blow by me and pull up behind him. That ticket won't be cheap and the idiots insurance will go up.

This made me think of the thread a few weeks ago where the op complained people kept trying to race him in lame cars. I am just glad that common sense rules now, and I am not the immature punk I was. I would be angry if i got a ticket racing an audi station wagon. I am pretty sure that betweeen the two of us, if we had raced, the cop would have gone after me. I just smiled at my girlfriend and told her that's why you have points in your driver license and pay so much for insurance.
Good call. The world is full of jack asses and, there will be more to come so you are allready schooled in their stupidity. Do you hear me slow Mustang owner!?
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote