Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 10-14-2016, 06:07 PM   #15
martyhalmi
NJ Camaro 22

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS M6
I also installed the stainless works catback and have been getting CEL's. I disconnect the negative on the battery which resets it but it keeps coming back after 50 or so miles. Just emailed stainless works so we'll see what they say. That is the only mod done to my Camaro.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:00 PM   #16
bryguycbr

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Gray
Send a message via Yahoo to bryguycbr
GM dealer (Stonebriar Chevy in Frisco, TX) FOUND LH BANK 2 O2 SLOW TO REACT, this is what caused CEL P0420. 4025990 HEATED OXYGEN SENSOR REPLACEMENT - BANK 1 SENSOR 2. Replaced Sensor part # 12643708.
They also performed PI1498B cleaned mating surface of rotor and wheel to correct slight clicking noise while turning full lock at slow speed.
Even though I installed a catback Stainless Works system which is what caused the sensor to fail.
NO CHARGE FOR THEM TO TROUBLE SHOOT AND REPLACE FAILED COMPONENT.
This shows that installing aftermarket exhaust system, GM will replace something if this causes the failure.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #17
bryguycbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyhalmi View Post
I also installed the stainless works catback and have been getting CEL's. I disconnect the negative on the battery which resets it but it keeps coming back after 50 or so miles. Just emailed stainless works so we'll see what they say. That is the only mod done to my Camaro.
You probably got the same code as me P0420, the sensors on both sides of the cat are very sensitive to changes of exhaust flow.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #18
bryguycbr

Drove 150 miles, CEL P0420 again, just took it back to Stonebriar, will see what they fix this time.
I was talking with one of the service consultants, he has seen a few other Camaros with bad cats, maybe mine is on the edge of failing also and their first fix was caused by a failing cat.
O-WELL