Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #15
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I daily my ls3 with longtubes, hi flows, no resonator, and two glasspacks in back. I take it to work at 7am every day too. If it's really THAT bad, then just put the stock exhaust back on, and get the noweeds diverter valves so you can make it scream on demand
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #16
guthix

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
I daily my ls3 with longtubes, hi flows, no resonator, and two glasspacks in back. I take it to work at 7am every day too. If it's really THAT bad, then just put the stock exhaust back on, and get the noweeds diverter valves so you can make it scream on demand
Yeah after driving it for 3 days now, i'm starting to get used to the sound. The only thing that is still obnoxious is the cold start up. Once the car is warm the Idle and start ups are pretty close to when i just had the cat-back.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #17
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
Yes I still have stock catback. I was considering this option. My fiancé heard the car for the first time last night and loved how it sounded surprisingly. She has yet to hear how loud a cold start up is though lol. If anything I could always put the factory catback on until the car is no longer my daily driver.
Good deal. A lot of us have LT's, cats and stock exhaust. It sounds good, you dont lose any performance and no drone. Plus, the money you save on buying a catback can be used for other things.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
S type will be louder than my Corsa? I thought the ATAK was comparable to the Corsa?
Corsa will definitely be louder as you've already experienced.

I've been saying this for a long time that Corsa is probably the quietest system out there when installed on a stock car and then the loudest after you've modded up.

Now add a cam and delete the cats and you'll be where I'm at now. Garage door down for the cold starts LOL.

Check out Modern07's build thread where he added Solo resonators to tame it down.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #19
Zaproy

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Lol I have LS3 with no mufflers and longtube headers
Haha same and I'm about to be cammed and supercharged. Should be stupid loud haha.
Zaproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #20
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post
No... I have a full L99 Corsa cat back installed on an LS3 car. The center resonator is a Corsa component and the rear mufflers are corsa as well... I purposely chose this system (not the LS3) to keep it a little less raspy and try to keep the DB's down a little...
Wise choice, I have close to the same, L99 Corsa on my L99 lol.....the AFM is worse with the headers installed though, but will take care of that shortly.

Driving in to work this morning, I was using the hands free phone and was able to hear fine, I really like how quiet in the cab this is, outside is a whole nother story though.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:52 PM   #21
guthix

I think I'll be leaving the Corsa on for now. It's growing on me. Thanks for all of the advice guys!

I may look into solo Resonators eventually though.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
I think I'll be leaving the Corsa on for now. It's growing on me. Thanks for all of the advice guys!

I may look into solo Resonators eventually though.
Good choice... you'll love it in the long run.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #23
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
I love my corsa and its exhaust note. Ill be adding a stage 3 PD blower cam to my Already Catless system. But that is why i have my honda and kia for Daily Drivers!
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #24
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I have a OEM LS3 exhaust on my car with longtubes and HFCs, it's a perfect match, no drone, and it's not loud under cruising.

It gets pretty loud under WOT though. You can't even tell much difference between my car and my brothers with LTs and a Borla S-Type while going down the front straight at VIR.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:05 PM   #25
guthix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
I have a OEM LS3 exhaust on my car with longtubes and HFCs, it's a perfect match, no drone, and it's not loud under cruising.

It gets pretty loud under WOT though. You can't even tell much difference between my car and my brothers with LTs and a Borla S-Type while going down the front straight at VIR.
Did you leave the muffler's alone or paint them black? I've seen some do this when they leave the factory exhaust on.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #26
MattSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 CGM
I recently separated from my wife and ended up moving into an apartment complex. Luckily I've got a garage slot. I just remote start when I'm 30ft from the garage and all is good... makes me giggle since the garage building vibrates till I pull out. I also try to just idle my way in and out of the parking lot. Haven't gotten any evil looks or complaints yet.

Tags
borla, corsa, exhaust, headers