Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-18-2015, 01:06 PM   #29
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
What the car was built for is a matter of interruption, actually. If you don't want to get a "bunch of shit" for a trailer hitch, don't give a "bunch of shit" to people who take care of their cars for whatever reasons they want. Free world, each does as they please if they don't hurt others, blah blah... lol

Pot, Kettle, Black.
Pretty sure the car was made to go fast, not cruise down the boulevard at 35mph, otherwise it would have had a 2.0L 4 banger in it. Just play the V8 sounds over the speakers since you don't really need a V8
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #30
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
TBH, if that's a student or staff at ASU, they probably use the bike to get around campus. ASU main campus is freaking huge, and parking can really suck depending where you get stuck. People biking around there is pretty common. I avoided main campus like the plague whenever possible when I was going.
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:57 PM   #31
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
Pretty sure the car was made to go fast, not cruise down the boulevard at 35mph, otherwise it would have had a 2.0L 4 banger in it. Just play the V8 sounds over the speakers since you don't really need a V8

LOL... I assure you I have rides that can dust your daily driver. That said, the 2.0L 4 banger in my Audi, with it's turbo and dual clutch transmission, can probably launch out a lot faster than your Camaro, leaving you well behind.

The purpose of cool cars is not "only" to go fast, otherwise, like the coyote, you could just strap an Acme rocket to your arse and fly past that roadrunner that you seem to be trying to chase. LOL

There's so much more to being a car guy than just "how much more power can I bolt on or program onto it." In fact, those are the guys inadequately trying to prove something to others, or themselves. But, you have fun with that. Power and speed is great, butif you think that is all it is about, then even the guy in the 4 banger's got YOU beat.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

Last edited by pickwithaustin; 09-18-2015 at 02:33 PM.
pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:58 PM   #32
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Oh no - someone butt hurt

Oh I'm not butt hurt at all. Trust me, I dish out probably the most inappropriate jokes and insults there are. I just don't see a point in repeating a joke to the stame audience over and over. It comes to the point where it's just annoying.

We drive chevy's yes we know Ford owners are on the other side of the fence when it comes to preference.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:29 PM   #33
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
If you can't bash a Furd on a Camaro site, where can you bash one.

I'm as "car guy" as they come and have yet to own one I have not modified, but I couldn't car less about washing and waxing them or what anybody else does with theirs. However, "car guys" have always bashed the other makes as that is what "car guys" do. Some of us rag the trailer queens and mall crawlers too and it has nothing to do with feeling inadequate. That is like saying a Pat's fan is feeling inadequate when he rags a Hawk's fan or vice versa. It's part of the sport, and last I checked racing was still a sport.

For anyone who does not like racing, who cares. Now let me go find a furin' job to talk trash about.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.

Last edited by CamaroCracka; 09-18-2015 at 04:54 PM.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #34
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
I don't see an issue, everyone could make the joke that one of us does it so we have something to ride when we break down. However, when you look at the driver and then you look at yourself, who is more out of shape, you or the "loser" with a bike on his muscle car?

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #35
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Quote:
LOL... I assure you I have rides that can dust your daily driver. That said, the 2.0L 4 banger in my Audi, with it's turbo and dual clutch transmission, can probably launch out a lot faster than your Camaro, leaving you well behind.

The purpose of cool cars is not "only" to go fast, otherwise, like the coyote, you could just strap an Acme rocket to your arse and fly past that roadrunner that you seem to be trying to chase. LOL

There's so much more to being a car guy than just "how much more power can I bolt on or program onto it." In fact, those are the guys inadequately trying to prove something to others, or themselves. But, you have fun with that. Power and speed is great, butif you think that is all it is about, then even the guy in the 4 banger's got YOU beat.

Well said. True "car guys" enjoy the experience as a whole. Top-down cruises with my wife. Taking the boys out "late" on a Friday night for milkshakes. Explaining hydraulics to my son and showing him how to change pads/rotors/bleed brakes. A fast drive blasting music from my teen years. Fun cars can "enhance" your life, but never let a car "be" your life.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:52 PM   #36
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:

I don't mean go fast in a straight line here, i've never even been to a drag race.

I have a Fiesta ST too, so you don't need to lecture me about other cars.

I will tell you, if I did it over again, the headers and crap I bolted onto my car were a waste, I should have left the motor well enough alone and simply enjoyed the car and done some suspension. The SS comes with more than enough power bone stock.

I don't think it's all about power and speed, I think it's about driving the car, and by driving I mean really driving it. There's only one real way to do that, and it's via AutoX or track. You can't drive a car to it's full potential on the street, and if you do, you're being un-safe.

Basically, I want to get more people to get into the autocross and track scene, so they can have some real fun with their cars, whatever that may be.

I'm all for cruising around in classics, but none of these modern cars are classics, so you might as well beat on them and have some fun, they're only going to depreciate in value, so don't waste them sitting around in garages being waxed.

This goes for any modern sports car, muscle car, hot hatch, etc. I'm a fan of all of them as long as they're being driven.

I'm actually looking forward to autocrossing the Fiesta ST, which by the way, when it comes to autocross is likely faster than my Camaro, lol.

So, lets all be friends and I encourage everybody to come hit an autocross or track day with me, I guess I do have a little something against waxers though cruising around, wasting the cars potential, whatever car that may be. I just want to see cars like these really be used for what they want to do.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote