Phastek Performance

Old 05-29-2013, 03:24 AM   #29
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
even though you don't want another v6 it still is a step down for your camaro

LOL....I wouldn't call a GTO a step down from a V6 Camaro.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #30
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
A (deadbrand) don't have nothing to do with sells. I bet you if they brought back the firebird. it would have no problem selling as you can see from how many people are making their own . We all agreed that it's fast and fun. looks well I don't think it was made for looks so no comment.
So much truth. The GTO's didnt do well purley on the looks. They are a plain lookkng car. I personaly like them, but i think it has more to do that its the last true muscle car by Pontiac. I hate the Gen 4's but good god do i love me some WS6 action. If you cant tell i like me some Pontiac lol
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #31
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
A (deadbrand) don't have nothing to do with sells. I bet you if they brought back the firebird. it would have no problem selling as you can see from how many people are making their own . We all agreed that it's fast and fun. looks well I don't think it was made for looks so no comment.
i disagree here. IMHO, if they put a Chevy badge on it, the thing would have sold 3 times what it did. Even worse than making it a Pontiac was making it a GTO, it didn't fill GTO expectations. Also consider this was a 30k car in 04 when you could get a Mustng GT for the mid 20s as could the recently dead Z28 and Firebird Formula. Even so, it's biggest issue was that it was a Pontiac, the brand had no cache and no respect towards it at that point. GM dragged it out to nothing.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #32
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
you guys are too focused on the v8 aspect of the car rather than the guy is willing to trade a next to new car for a 7 yr old car regardless of rather its a v8 or v6 but it looks like the op made up his mind so it doesn't matter
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #33
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
as in looks ? yes and the camaro is way more refined . looks sell more compared to just power . But I see you have a G8 that's a nice car . I like that way better than the gto
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #34
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
i disagree here. IMHO, if they put a Chevy badge on it, the thing would have sold 3 times what it did. Even worse than making it a Pontiac was making it a GTO, it didn't fill GTO expectations. Also consider this was a 30k car in 04 when you could get a Mustng GT for the mid 20s as could the recently dead Z28 and Firebird Formula. Even so, it's biggest issue was that it was a Pontiac, the brand had no cache and no respect towards it at that point. GM dragged it out to nothing.
OK, so you're saying the firebird wouldn't sell if they made it because Pontiac is dead?
Old 05-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #35
WE485

Drives: 2010 SS
They didn't sell we'll because of the price. I love mine. It's a great car, congrats

1996 Z28
04 GTO
2010 SS
2011 Avalanche
WE485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #36
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
OK, so you're saying the firebird wouldn't sell if they made it because Pontiac is dead?
Considering that even in the last gen, despite the fact that the Firebird was far and away the better looker, they only moved about 1/2 of what Camaros sold and a small fraction of what the Mustang sold. I feel the same way about the G8, if it had origionally been sold as a Chevy instead of Pontiac it would have been a huge hit and we wouldn't be finally getting it as a Chevy in a low volume and uber expensive single configuration because GM is to afraid to bring a full line over. I was and am a Huge Pontiac fan, but by the time these cars came out it was basically a death bell for them because there was no respect left for the brand as a performance brand since it had been watered down for so long with Grand Ams, G5s, G3s, the Aztec, the horrible 04 redesign of the Grand Prix, the last Bonneville they tried to tuff a V8 under to make a 15 second FWD gas guzzler that was an epic failure. GM didn't just kill pontiac they made it SUFFER to the point where no one cared anymore and even the brightspots (G8, GTO, Solstice) were ignored because of the badge and faux BMW grill on their noses.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #37
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
C GM didn't just kill pontiac they made it SUFFER to the point where no one cared anymore and even the brightspots (G8, GTO, Solstice) were ignored because of the badge and faux BMW grill on their noses.
Exactly. Sure, price and design had something to do with it, but the brand was so devalued they couldn't give any model away. The g8 GXPs were some of the best cars GM made and only after they were gone did people realize how nice they were. GM hung the pontiac brand out to die, and the GTO was affected.

And you cannot really compare a v6 Camaro to a GTO. Sure, the 5-7 yr difference in suspension, etc is huge. But 400HP is 400HP. The problem is used v6 camaros are getting closer to the price of GTOs, which makes it interesting.
Cars aren't cheap and money doesn't grow on trees.....so buy what you like.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #38
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
Exactly. Sure, price and design had something to do with it, but the brand was so devalued they couldn't give any model away. The g8 GXPs were some of the best cars GM made and only after they were gone did people realize how nice they were. GM hung the pontiac brand out to die, and the GTO was affected.

And you cannot really compare a v6 Camaro to a GTO. Sure, the 5-7 yr difference in suspension, etc is huge. But 400HP is 400HP. The problem is used v6 camaros are getting closer to the price of GTOs, which makes it interesting.
Cars aren't cheap and money doesn't grow on trees.....so buy what you like.
Well, if price was a issue then it would definitely be a issue now. because the camaross aren't even close to the price of the 2013 gt mustangs. So the firebird costing more then the gt mustang will always be the case. I'm not talking a little price difference I'm talking about 7 thousand even 10 between the gt mustang and the ss camaro . So ofcourse the firebird will be somewhere in between atleast if not more .even though I don't like the new firebird versions. The firebird. needs to do what the Malibu did by not looking like
the impala and go away from looking like the camaro. to me. But the firdbird wouldn't have a selling problem with the Pontiac badge. That would instantly make it a collectors item.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #39
LIVEVIL

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
still a 7 yr old car at the end of the day.
By your logic, a 2014 Tata Nano is an upgrade/step up over a Camaro since it's newer and the Camaro is just a 4 year old car at the end of the day...
LIVEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #40
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEVIL View Post
By your logic, a 2014 Tata Nano is an upgrade/step up over a Camaro since it's newer and the Camaro is just a 4 year old car at the end of the day...
You're clueless on the point we are making. You should probably read of his posts again
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote