Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #85
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Do away with the L99 and use the LS3 for stick and automatic applications.I love the auto but would like to have a LS3 engine.
They made the L99 inferior so that the auto would not be faster than the manual. Kinda like how they wouldn't pair a manual with the 5.7 TPI back in the 3RD gen...because then it would be knocking on the Vettes door. But still, as it is, even with less hp/tq and more losses thru the drive train, the auto is only .1 second slower than the manual.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #86
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
They made the L99 inferior so that the auto would not be faster than the manual. Kinda like how they wouldn't pair a manual with the 5.7 TPI back in the 3RD gen...because then it would be knocking on the Vettes door. But still, as it is, even with less hp/tq and more losses thru the drive train, the auto is only .1 second slower than the manual.
Actually they made the L99 so they wouldn't have to charge the gas guzzler tax. Didn't have anything to do with performance. 26 hp wasn't going to make enough difference for them to do that anyway.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #87
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Stop being so greedy with the paint coverage and quality! They both suck!
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #88
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtplt View Post
The nose is too lopped off looking.
The beltline is too high.
The quarter windows should work.
All models should have either a spare or runflats.
The combined brake and clutch reservoir is cheap.
The SS brakes are insufficient for the weight and power of the car.
Seems to me like you want to change the whole design of the car.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #89
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
Put a baffle in the gas tank so you don't hear gasoline slapping against the rear of the cabin.
This. I wonder if there's an aftermarket option that would allow you to put foam inside the tank, like race car fuel cells.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #90
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
For those saying break noise. Switch to Ceramic break pads. That is something easily changed on something that has to be changed as a wear product.

I would have them change the wheels to have wider stock wheels 20x9 and 20x11. Its a big heavy, powerful fast car.... They should have wider wheels.

Other things Clutch, put in a better clutch and that 1st-2nd grind thing needs to be fixed.

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #91
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Better and more durable paint. My 2011 Camaro has more chips and scratches than my 2004 Ford Lightning which was also a daily driver.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #92
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
cant believe no one else has complained about the sun visors. they are a joke.

my saturn coupe had better visors.

gramps
Old 05-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #93
usnavydoc

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3, 2012 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps_green_rs View Post
cant believe no one else has complained about the sun visors. they are a joke.

my saturn coupe had better visors.

gramps
Those are sun visors? I thought they were plastic eyebrows to make the car look angry . They are useless...probably there because of DOT rules.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #94
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
The damn front left strut loose popping noise.
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #95
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnavydoc View Post
Those are sun visors? I thought they were plastic eyebrows to make the car look angry
I covered mine with vinyl and extended that about 1 1/2 inches so that they actually do something.

Lots of good comments here, I think the interior comments are particularly true.

My own wish would be for GM to completely re-think the lighting. In the front we should be able to have the halos on all the time. On the sides the car needs side markers that have turn signals integrated. The side mirrors should have integrated turn signals as well. In the back, we need LED taillights. The afterburner effect would be nice as well as sequential, but the current lights looked good in '67, not today. Inside we need more light - a light in the glove compartment, lighted back seats and map lights for the driver and passenger. And when we can make that visor more functional, lets add vanity lights there too (driver and passenger). I'll second the previous post about dash color changing and add that we should have ambient lighting with color change as well (like most Fords).

I have added lots of these lighting features to mine, but my wife's Ford Escape came with these installed.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #96
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlink View Post
I covered mine with vinyl and extended that about 1 1/2 inches so that they actually do something.

Lots of good comments here, I think the interior comments are particularly true.

My own wish would be for GM to completely re-think the lighting. In the front we should be able to have the halos on all the time. On the sides the car needs side markers that have turn signals integrated. The side mirrors should have integrated turn signals as well. In the back, we need LED taillights. The afterburner effect would be nice as well as sequential, but the current lights looked good in '67, not today. Inside we need more light - a light in the glove compartment, lighted back seats and map lights for the driver and passenger. And when we can make that visor more functional, lets add vanity lights there too (driver and passenger). I'll second the previous post about dash color changing and add that we should have ambient lighting with color change as well (like most Fords).

I have added lots of these lighting features to mine, but my wife's Ford Escape came with these installed.
Oh and GM stop being cheap how about side view mirrors that actually fold in.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #97
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Add a 2 driver memory profile system that controls seat/mirror positions and radio favorites
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #98
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
Add a 2 driver memory profile system that controls seat/mirror positions and radio favorites
not needed for most of us. nobody else ever drives it

power passenger seat would have been a bonus though.

gramps