Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 05-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #15
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ehhh...I race if the opportunity comes up lol. Only at red lights and if traffic is light. I kind of do a first to 10mph over the limit then I slow down. So it last about 3 seconds lol. There's no laws against rapid acceleration and I won't get pulled over for 10 over (we pull over at 15+). OH and I only do it in the city I am a LEO in
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #16
usnavydoc

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3, 2012 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Ehhh...I race if the opportunity comes up lol. Only at red lights and if traffic is light. I kind of do a first to 10mph over the limit then I slow down. So it last about 3 seconds lol. There's no laws against rapid acceleration and I won't get pulled over for 10 over (we pull over at 15+). OH and I only do it in the city I am a LEO in
At least you consider traffic conditions. I don't worry about tickets as much as I worry about and injury or loss of life from racing at city streets. More LEOs have been killed in 2011 from car accidents than from gunfire. Stay safe out there.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #17
MediumLabowski

Drives: '16 FiST
Your clairvoyence is flawless, wise man.

You should have asked the cop if he didnt mind you doing a burn-out during your departure from his traffic stop, that would have been very OG.
MediumLabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #18
usnavydoc

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3, 2012 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumLabowski View Post
Your clairvoyence is flawless, wise man.

You should have asked the cop if he didnt mind you doing a burn-out during your departure from his traffic stop, that would have been very OG.
I have a feeling that he would say no, and when I burn out he'll just radio for another car to get me. No thanks.

The driver of the Audi gave me a look like he wanted to kill me lol. Come on, a station wagon?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
I had the same thing happen over the weekend. In my case the ricer was throwing the thumbs down out his window when I refused to respond to the tin rattling sound of his coffee can pipe. Then, out of the center median, out popped the highway pratrol. This trash heap was towed. I saw the flatbed there when I came back the same way. lol.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #20
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
A lot of places DO have laws against "excessive acceleration", so, as a LEO, don't encourage that here...
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #21
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by J666 View Post
Should have pulled over and told the cop he wanted to street race you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnavydoc View Post
I did. The cop said I know, I was behind the two of you.
I don't think that was called for. Good job by not racing but no need to try an get the guy in any more trouble. Just my opinion.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #22
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
A lot of places DO have laws against "excessive acceleration", so, as a LEO, don't encourage that here...
Isn't it called demonstration of speed or something like that
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #23
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
I think it depends on where you are...
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #24
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Far too many people want to do it. I don't give in.

I'm not 16 anymore.... don't need the hassle and don't want to do something stupid and wreck my car.

We have enough idiots on the road here in S. Florida and surely far too many tailgaters. Drives me nuts to see people on the highway, at 65+ mph and are riding you at less than 1/4 car length behind. I slow down and let them go around me. Absolute morons.

Wife gave me a little stuff a while back with some ricer wanting to race me and took off with a jackrabbit start from a light. She says, "You going to let him do that to you?" ... I said, "Yep, all day long...1- he's not worth the gas and 2-He's not worth wrecking my car?"
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #25
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
One of the benefits of growing older is the wisdom it brings. Street racing is not okay. You may think you have it under control but trust me, you dont.
I have to resist the temptation all the time....there is always some idiot gunning their car next to me at the lights. And usually in some piece of crap vehicle that I could smoke.
But I get more satisfaction out of looking at them and rolling my eyes.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #26
InfernoSS454

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
I think they call it wreakless driving here.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #27
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoSS454 View Post
I think they call it wreakless driving here.
Reckless driving is one charge. Exhibition of speed is another. More or less, if you get up to the speed limit too fast, you can be ticketed for exhibition of speed.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #28
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
It may be called different things in different states. Regardless, Good Call!! The right thing to do.

As far as I am concerned, the racing belings on a track, not the street.

Too many safety issues and endangering the general public is not the right thing to do. No matter what the time of day or thelocation.