Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-14-2018, 02:55 AM   #1
1LE caSSper

Drives: White 1LE
Question Need help / opinions / experience

Hoping some of you guys here can offer opinions on the options i have here with this situation w/ my 1LE.
* if you know of a forum moderator willing to help or solution please please please send them my way. Anything & everything helps at this point.

So. To make a long story short as possible, I bought my car April 1 2017, few track days later here in chicago, i visit our forum here in the market for an exhaust. I see an ad here with the vendor Maryland Speed "call us for a price so low we can't advertise it". I take the bait. They in fact do give me an unbeatable price. 20% off wow. All is great order date july 17, 2017 paid $600 thru PayPal direct to Maryland Speed
2 weeks pass i don't recieve anything. I call them, a lady answers and tells me it will ship out at the end of the week. And nothing. This process repeats for 2.5 months, i call 1/week or 2 and get the same rehearsed lines everytime.
Come sept 23, 2017 - i call and politely ask to cancel the order. They tell me discounted orders are not refundable for whatever reason they deem. i politely & professional call 1/week or 2 and get the same rehearsed lines everytime. This sequence also continues for another month to Nov 2017.
Now they have officially cancel the order after the exhaust was never coming most likely. Im not sure. I'm told im being refunded hard check via mail, also calling once a week, being told yes its being sent out this week, this Friday, next wed etc.
Now Nov. has passed its dec, my emails are not being responded to, my messages on the forum here have not been responded to [to this day STILL] i call again now thru December to current date im told 'we have a new system to refund you' we'll take your credit card and you'll be paid in full by end of the week. Yes the same pattern goes on, i call, they convince me you'll be paid end of the week or "we'll look into it". Week by week by week....

Here we are 50% thru February, i need your help and advice.

Ive received nothing. Ive done nothing wrong. I did not spam or harass them whatsoever. A business receiving a call for a debt or refund they owe and promised once per week or 2 is reasonable right.? what can i do? What are my options. I can not speak with or ANYONE besides the woman who answers the phone , whom also happens to be the owners wife. I assume at this point she answers the phone i give my order number and they air pencil my request for help down on invisible paper with a smirk.

Do i have any options at all? Or they just win in this situation 100%?
I dont this i can just take the loss this past year sucks, before thanksgiving the fiance & i split and im stuck paying the rent for 2 while she moves out and of course has a new boyfriend to live with! YAY, sold my motorcycle to cover it but now 2 weeks ago today my job announced layoffs on 5/1/2018 as theyre moving to automated machining. As it looks ill be moving back in with the parents to not sell the car too if they let me for now...........

I can not be the only one put in this situation ever with a strange business so what have you all done?
Do these actions constitute as fraud of some sort? I dont know the legal jargon
Can a moderator step in to actually contact them or get me in contact with them??
Are there 3rd party sources that can request or find information besides attorney's?
Am i stuck trying to just get a lawyer to get my money back?
Or should i just wait and hope maybe it will work itself out still?

Any opinions and references and experiences with company's like this helps guys.

Thank you and cheers to yall, don't ever take anything for granted
Mike
1LE caSSper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:43 AM   #2
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
It's a shame, Maryland Speed use to be a great company. I would order on Monday and have the items by Wednesday.
This is not the first issue I've heard this past year, last one got resolved from what I saw here on the site.

Good luck with this, keep everyone posted.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:04 AM   #3
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
This is one sorry company, so un professional, call your bank to dispute the charges! Never order from them again, this is well known through the forums!
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:06 AM   #4
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
This has happened to numerous people. Wells Fargo finally closed my credit card dispute for the same scenario. Ordered headers on 5/17/2017. Dispute filed on 9/12/2017. Dispute finalized and refund posted on 2/12/2018.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:37 AM   #5
mggeyer

Drives: 2017 hyper blue ss 1le
Just talked with them regarding some seriously low prices they had advertised for Kooks Longtubes and green cats. The guy wash super high pressure to order right now . I backed off as I had seen previously they did not have a good reputation. I then called Kooks as I had some questions regarding their headers. It turns out that Md. Speed lied to me me regarding specific issuesi had talked to them about. The Rep from Kooks tols me to STAY AWAY from Md. Speed. He told me they will not even sell their product to them anyomore and had no idea of where they were getting their headers. Several other shops I talked with had TERRIBLE things to say about them. I would definately dispute the charge with my credit card company. These guys are nothing but trouble. I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger! Good luck!
mggeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #6
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Can you file a fraud claim with PayPal? You have been more than patient, time to take the gloves off.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:35 AM   #7
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Yeah, PayPal usually allows you to dispute like a credit card, for services not provided.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #8
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I think the way they get such good prices is they order in bulk from the suppliers, so whenever you order from them it's just a crap-shoot. Say they do it 10 at a time, if you are #1 have fun waiting for MONTHS, if you are #10 you could get it in a week or two. Honestly it's just super shady and they really should have their vendor status on here revoked...
Old 02-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #9
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I think the way they get such good prices is they order in bulk from the suppliers, so whenever you order from them it's just a crap-shoot. Say they do it 10 at a time, if you are #1 have fun waiting for MONTHS, if you are #10 you could get it in a week or two. Honestly it's just super shady and they really should have their vendor status on here revoked...
They had their vendor status removed like a month ago I think. Cant find the thread where mlee mentioned it to prove it though, but I saw it.

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #10
SSummit

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
At this point it seems like they offer low prices because they never actually buy nor ship the products they "sell".
SSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #11
umby24

Drives: None
maryland speed just needs to be outright banned from these forums and have a site-wide sticky post warning users not to order from them.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:21 AM   #12
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by umby24 View Post
maryland speed just needs to be outright banned from these forums and have a site-wide sticky post warning users not to order from them.
This ^^^ Any Vendor that is not truthful should be banned from the forum.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #13
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Call Paypal and tell them what happened. Paypal will step in and reverse the charge just like a credit card company would do. Your case is very clear cut, you paid for a product that was never shipped. For the seller to dispute your refund they would have to prove that you are lying and that in fact they shipped the product to you. Obviously they will not be able to do that. You have been WAY MORE than patient at this point.
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #14
1LE caSSper

Drives: White 1LE
Thanks guys.

THANK GOD.

The owner called me not long ago and said hes personally setting everything up the issuing the refund. Hopefully its done in the next day or so
1LE caSSper is offline   Reply With Quote