nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
LMAO
Old 03-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #8
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Funny for sure. It is on the CBS morning news this morning. Sad part is he probably did not learn a thing & will keep driving like an idiot. Glad he did not take anyone else out with him, but well deserved carma there.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:36 AM   #9
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
OK so this person is in the left lane and the truck behind them clearly wants to pass. Instead of getting out of the left "passing" lane they make the guy pass them on the right. He does and after he passes them they immediately nail the throttle and pass him for the sole purpose of provoking the situation. So the truck is an idiot in the video posters opinion, but they'll drive even faster racing the "idiot" and provoke him. That driver is an idiot also. The truck could have spun into someone coming the other way and people could have died, the people who posted this would be complicit in the act and possibly face criminal charges. Genius.
I personally hate left-lane-bandits who feel it is their business to enforce speed laws making it more dangerous for everyone. IMO that is what is going on in this situation. Why else would they be videoing it. Nothing like making a bad situation much worse.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #10
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Awesome!!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #11
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
OK so this person is in the left lane and the truck behind them clearly wants to pass. Instead of getting out of the left "passing" lane they make the guy pass them on the right. He does and after he passes them they immediately nail the throttle and pass him for the sole purpose of provoking the situation. So the truck is an idiot in the video posters opinion, but they'll drive even faster racing the "idiot" and provoke him. That driver is an idiot also. The truck could have spun into someone coming the other way and people could have died, the people who posted this would be complicit in the act and possibly face criminal charges. Genius.
I personally hate left-lane-bandits who feel it is their business to enforce speed laws making it more dangerous for everyone. IMO that is what is going on in this situation. Why else would they be videoing it. Nothing like making a bad situation much worse.
Except there were multiple semis in the right lane which she was passing/going faster than and she was turning left in half a mile, which is why she stayed in the left lane. Furthermore, the truck's the one that slowed down after passing to flip her off.

For example, Florida's Turnpike is a two lane highway in both directions for a good stretch and I always have morons like this tailgating me when I'm already going 75-80 MPH passing a long line of semis. What the hell do you expect me to do, hit 90 just to appease you? Plus toolbags like him will end up passing on the right as soon as he gets a chance anyways so there's really no point attempting to move over for him. I tried once and almost put the guy into a ditch.

If it was a three lane highway and she was hogging the left lane then you would have a point. However, 41 is not an interstate highway and it only has two lanes. If she has a turn coming up in half a mile and she's already moving faster than right lane traffic then there's no reason she shouldn't stay in the left lane.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #12
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Guess I see a different video. If the truck had room to pass on the right they had room to move over to allow him to pass. There are "move-over" laws in several states. The truck passes them and gives a little glance, if his intent was to flip them off he'd have been doing so when he passed them and wouldn't need to slow down to get next to them again. He only flips them off when the slower car that was in front of him suddenly is in a big damn hurry to stay next to him and provoke the situation. Then and only then does he flip them off. Typical left-lane-bandit behavior, have you NEVER encountered one? Both these driver are in the wrong here and luckily no one got killed, this time...

JFTR I've found that if I'm in the left lane and someone is tailgating me, simply moving over and allowing them to pass and go on their way (as required by law in my state) is the best remedy, the farther they are away from me the better.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 03-29-2014 at 02:45 AM. Reason: farther not further
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #13
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Guess I see a different video. If the truck had room to pass on the right they had room to move over to allow him to pass. There are "move-over" laws in several states. The truck passes them and gives a little glance, if his intent was to flip them off he'd have been doing so when he passed them and wouldn't need to slow down to get next to them again. He only flips them off when the slower car that was in front of him suddenly is in a big damn hurry to stay next to him and provoke the situation. Then and only then does he flip them off. Typical left-lane-bandit behavior, have you NEVER encountered one? Both these driver are in the wrong here and luckily no one got killed, this time...
Again, if it was an interstate highway you'd have a point. The road in question is not an interstate.

The Super Duty driver was a toolbag and deserved what he got. End of story. Plus Florida Highway Patrol was forwarded the video and he's the one who was cited, so they seem to agree.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #14
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
First of all, the person in the car shouldn't be recording and driving. That would fall under distracted driving and is very dangerous.

Second did the car speed up? If it did then the car is in the wrong initially.

My funny thing about people on the roads today is this. And please remember this before you react to something next time.

People in a hurry will go out of their way to either:
Let you know it
Try to fight you
Send aggravated threats

All the above can happen if/when you flip someone off. Trust me, I know lmao.

Stupid people if on the roadways. Am I better then anybody? Nope, but I sure act better and dont give a flack when I drive my 18/22 wheelern

Sent from somewhere on the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote