Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #43
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Until i got this car i had no idea that roughly 2% of adult drivers out there operate at the emotional level of a jealous, pissed off 2 year old. Now i'm just waiting on my dash cam to be delivered so i can have proof for just-in-case moments or entertainment purposes.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #44
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Are you a new driver? Many (if not most) young drivers act like a$$holes. Welcome to the millennium!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #45
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilflos View Post
80 mile round trip every day to and from work on I-75. I loathe that road for all the behaviors described here and more. There are days I find it immensely frustrating.

I have heard American drivers described as, "belligerent," and it applies, in every city I've ever driven in. That's not to say that applies to the majority of American drivers, but there are enough that it colors the daily driving experience for the rest of us.

The only thing to do about it is ignore it, be the better person, and provide a better example. It will spread.

I-75 SUCKS!!!! I have lived in nearly every state in the Union, and I think I-75 is home to the worst drivers in the USA. It doesn't help that they are constantly doing construction work on it either... It is like the road that was never finished!

Around here, a turn signal means "Hey, speed up and cut me off because I was dumb enough to warn you that I need to get over"...

Description of I-75 between Dayton, Oh and Northern Ky
People who drive 45mph in the fast lane? Check!
People who drive side by side and block all lanes? Check!
No rule that says trucks have to stay to the right? Check!
Large, steep hills with crawling trucks blocking all lanes? Check!
Dump trucks that don't bother to cover their load spewing gravel? Check!
Cops hiding under every overpass? Check!
People driving 45mph hitting their brakes when they see cops? Check!
10 miles of construction lanes for one dude and his shovel? Check!
Large potholes surrounded by debris from damaged vehicles? Check!
Suicidal deer carcasses that are over 2 weeks old? Check!

I used to have to drive it every day. I-75 destroyed a Toyota Celica GTS that I once owned. My prayers were finally answered and I am no longer tortured by that road.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #46
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Middle aged lady was driving on the shoulder trying to cut me off in her honda earlier this week, going like 80mph.. I couldnt believe it and didnt expect that when I saw her.. you are someones mother and acting like that LOL..

Anyways, she failed miserably at passing lol - which was entertaining looking at her stupid face as she failed.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #47
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Agree to everything said here, the dumbasses are everywhere.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #48
JimS3331

Drives: 2010 ABM SS
welcome to NY
Old 06-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #49
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
And I thought it was just Massholes that drive like that.
LMFAO They have no idea how bad it is out here. And thats coming from an original californian lol.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:57 PM   #50
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
Corvette and Challenger drivers are some of the politest commuters in the NE. I had a few Camaro drivers tailgate me in a 25 for what, I don't know.
That's most interesting as I've noted the same experience. I had a V6 Camaro driver cut me off the other day. He wasn't smiling after I blew back around him! I've tried waving or thumbs up to other Camaro drivers and they always ignore me. On the other side, I routinely have Vette drivers stop and talk to me about the car. I think it has to do with the Vette owners usually being older and more mature. Actually it's not about age, people just need to grow up and act responsibly. What happened to the days when people just chilled out and cruised?
BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #51
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Had to park on the street since I had some service guys pull into my driveway to get a few things done. Anyways im walking to my car I hear this fartcan coming I turn around and I see this crappy minicopper he sees me getting into the camaro and floors it right infront of me, driving like a tard on my street

And whats the deal with the dirtbags that cut into the exit ramp at the last moment especially when there is a 10+ car line behind them, basically they are saying "fk u my time is more important than all of you" I especially notice this when commuting to the Bronx...I guess that makes sense.

Keep seeing these fiat 500 toys driving around with atrocious fartcan exausts. You drive a FIAT 500 just STOP.

I drive late an night and all these hondas and toyotas keep tailgating me as soon as I step on the gas to pass someone they go fukn nuts and think im racing them. One of them almost went onto the shoulder just to get around me and took off cutting everyone else off. Godforbid you make eye contact with one of these lunatics half of them look like strung out murderers the other half 16 year old raging kids about to become strung out murderers.

And please I dont care how old or senile you are or how many old crusty church members you have in the van get the hell out of the left lane and let me pass. Even if youre not any of those things just get the hell out of the left lane. Oh and the worst -one lane road with no shoulders and some dumbass woman on the cellphone yapping away doing 25 in 45 while there is 15 cars behind her and the first person right behind her doesnt honk or do anything.

If im slowing down into a blind corner theres a reason for it dont be an idiot and put on your highbeams to flash me with your stupid prius.

also TURN OFF YOUR HIGHBEAMS YOU DONT NEED THEM IN THE DAMN CITY or a residential street going 5mph WHAT RETARD.

oh and please turn off your cellphone and turn down your disgusting music I dont want to hear crap being played from your pickup truck.

RED MEANS STOP GREEN MEANS GO, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

PS. Department of Transportation please fix the goddamn potholes its the end of june and I feel like im on the safari trail.

Dewd, time for your estrogen replacement therapy. Inhale before you have a f*{}king stroke.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:59 PM   #52
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK141SS View Post
That's most interesting as I've noted the same experience. I had a V6 Camaro driver cut me off the other day. He wasn't smiling after I blew back around him! I've tried waving or thumbs up to other Camaro drivers and they always ignore me. On the other side, I routinely have Vette drivers stop and talk to me about the car. I think it has to do with the Vette owners usually being older and more mature. Actually it's not about age, people just need to grow up and act responsibly. What happened to the days when people just chilled out and cruised?
The internet? No one waits for anything these days. I try to generally be polite to people on the road (you never know who might be packing) but some people are just jerks and there's nothing you can do about it. I suppose I have 3 major pet peeves driving around

1) People who can't / won't get up to speed entering the highway. Most highway entrances in AZ have roughly a 1/4 mile before you're actually on, and have an entry / exit lane. Oh, and they're usually down hill. no reason you can't be doing 55/65 by the bottom, rush hour excluded (they have lights then)

2) Those who think they're to important to wait in the line of cars some where and decide to cut in at the last moment. I give this a pass during construction (you're supposed to go to the merge point if you're in that lane) but anywhere else, it's just jerkish. People that let them in annoy me too.

3) People who pull in front of me and slow down. Obviously, you want to be here. Keep up with traffic or stay right.
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:42 PM   #53
Elvira1le
Mistress of the dark

Drives: Black 2014 RS 2SS 1LE
isn't it to bad that stupidity isn't painful ?
Elvira1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:51 PM   #54
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Had to park on the street since I had some service guys pull into my driveway to get a few things done. Anyways im walking to my car I hear this fartcan coming I turn around and I see this crappy minicopper he sees me getting into the camaro and floors it right infront of me, driving like a tard on my street

And whats the deal with the dirtbags that cut into the exit ramp at the last moment especially when there is a 10+ car line behind them, basically they are saying "fk u my time is more important than all of you" I especially notice this when commuting to the Bronx...I guess that makes sense.

Keep seeing these fiat 500 toys driving around with atrocious fartcan exausts. You drive a FIAT 500 just STOP.

I drive late an night and all these hondas and toyotas keep tailgating me as soon as I step on the gas to pass someone they go fukn nuts and think im racing them. One of them almost went onto the shoulder just to get around me and took off cutting everyone else off. Godforbid you make eye contact with one of these lunatics half of them look like strung out murderers the other half 16 year old raging kids about to become strung out murderers.

And please I dont care how old or senile you are or how many old crusty church members you have in the van get the hell out of the left lane and let me pass. Even if youre not any of those things just get the hell out of the left lane. Oh and the worst -one lane road with no shoulders and some dumbass woman on the cellphone yapping away doing 25 in 45 while there is 15 cars behind her and the first person right behind her doesnt honk or do anything.

If im slowing down into a blind corner theres a reason for it dont be an idiot and put on your highbeams to flash me with your stupid prius.

also TURN OFF YOUR HIGHBEAMS YOU DONT NEED THEM IN THE DAMN CITY or a residential street going 5mph WHAT RETARD.

oh and please turn off your cellphone and turn down your disgusting music I dont want to hear crap being played from your pickup truck.

RED MEANS STOP GREEN MEANS GO, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

PS. Department of Transportation please fix the goddamn potholes its the end of june and I feel like im on the safari trail.
Same crap happens here. Except weve got two bridges being built at the same time, construction on every major interstate in the tri state area, and rogue road cones and barrels everywhere.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:57 PM   #55
The Beard

Drives: 2013 2SS HWSE M6
HA! If you don't have issues like the OP (and most of us) then you're part of the problem...PYHO!
Old 06-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #56
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
I agree with Bizaro 100% these people around here are savages. Its my opinion that the people that move to New York do so because they are bat &%#@ crazy and were cast out of their hometown by a pitchfork wielding mob. If you have a problem with a driver in NYC then good chance that person is not from NYC.

On Tuesday I saw a guy destroy his car in Haverstraw at 4:45AM.

He flew into a rage at bear mountain circle when a dairy truck had gotten in front of him, I was behind them and could hear him screaming over all the wind and engine noise. The truck made a right and he speeds away doing 65 in a 40, I follow suit because hey why not.

He strikes the curb on the wrong side of the road countless times while trying to keep from sliding off at those speeds but just keeps going. I was dodging pieces of his rear bumper and some other shiny blue fragments.

In front of the taco bell in haverstraw he clips the curb again but this time launching the right side of the car into the air, again keeps going. He runs a red light, I stop for it.

The traffic light changed to green and then went out, power cut.

Caught up with him just south of town, his car had broken a telephone pole in half and he was standing in the middle of the street on his phone.

Am I a bad person because I stopped and then light the tires up while passing by him? Another driver that pulled out while I was at the light had already stopped.
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote