Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #99
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
I agree. I love all the bashing that is coming your way from this comment. God forbid anybody say anything negative about a Camaro.
That's not the point.

I don't think anyone on this site expects everyone to love everything about a Camaro.

It's the way you put it - and again, I can give you any number of things about the Camaro that caused major hysteria -- and yet a few months later, just about everyone forgot about it or decided that they liked it.........
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #100
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
That's not the point.

I don't think anyone on this site expects everyone to love everything about a Camaro.

It's the way you put it - and again, I can give you any number of things about the Camaro that caused major hysteria -- and yet a few months later, just about everyone forgot about it or decided that they liked it.........
I'm sure the refresh will grow on folks, and I get that. I understand what your saying.

He could've stated his dislike for the refresh differently, but he didn't. It's just very common around here to bash someone if they speak out against the Camaro.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #101
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
well, you are on a Camaro site. lol it's ok to dislike something. it's ok to post about your dislike. it's not necessary to say it in a somewhat vulgar manner. If you get bashed for it, you deserve it, imo.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #102
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
To each their own about the new Z28...the only thing about it i like is the Ls7...thats epic in my book..
Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #103
Mick

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 VR Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannhead51 View Post
I just can't believe they didn't get rid of the tacky stamped fender 'gills'.
I LOVE the gills!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #104
Mick

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 VR Convertible
For those who have read this whole thread, I think one thing is clear: We all don't agree and that's great. Like General George Patton said, "If we're all thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking". (At least I've always heard it attributed to him.) It's probably safe to say that a majority of people on Camaro5 own a 5th gen and there isn't really any reason to buy another one if Chevy doesn't do anything to change it going forward. Just like a shark has to constantly move forward or it will die, so does a model line. Henry Ford tried to keep the Model T stagnant, while other cars changed and he watched his sales steadily decline. I love my the look of my 2011 and do prefer it from what I've seen to the 2014, but from this tread I can see PLENTY of people who prefer the 2014 and that's what Chevy needs to have happen if we want our Camaro to live on. If you prefer the current look of the Camaro, odds are you've bought it by now since its not a rare car. Its time to try to attract new buyers as well as current owners who do like the 2014 refresh better. In 2016, we'll watch this discussion again, but that's great. The point is, we have passion about the Camaro and if the day comes when threads don't happen like this about a change to the Camaro, then the model is in real trouble. Its threads like this that mean the Camaro is healthy because we have passion about it.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #105
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The same with the car - WAIT UNTIL YOU MEET IT!
I want to meet a RRM or BY so I can tell whether or not which color will be my choice or go with the bronze medal CRT, which I already like. I may like RRM or BY better, but we'll just have to see.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #106
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
For those who have read this whole thread, I think one thing is clear: We all don't agree and that's great. Like General George Patton said, "If we're all thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking". (At least I've always heard it attributed to him.) It's probably safe to say that a majority of people on Camaro5 own a 5th gen and there isn't really any reason to buy another one if Chevy doesn't do anything to change it going forward. Just like a shark has to constantly move forward or it will die, so does a model line. Henry Ford tried to keep the Model T stagnant, while other cars changed and he watched his sales steadily decline. I love my the look of my 2011 and do prefer it from what I've seen to the 2014, but from this tread I can see PLENTY of people who prefer the 2014 and that's what Chevy needs to have happen if we want our Camaro to live on. If you prefer the current look of the Camaro, odds are you've bought it by now since its not a rare car. Its time to try to attract new buyers as well as current owners who do like the 2014 refresh better. In 2016, we'll watch this discussion again, but that's great. The point is, we have passion about the Camaro and if the day comes when threads don't happen like this about a change to the Camaro, then the model is in real trouble. Its threads like this that mean the Camaro is healthy because we have passion about it.
VERY WELL put!

I think one thing that sets this site apart from most others is the fact that the Moderators watch closely - and that decorum is followed.

I have stopped going to many sites because the behavior -- and language -- is simply juvenile -- or worse.

Yes - people get upset when they're disciplined on this site - but on the other hand, it's important to set a standard and keep it. Otherwise, chaos soon ensues.........

My hat is off to our Moderators!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #107
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

Well Said!

I agree with you 100%. Those of us who have been diehard Camaro fans for multiple Camaro generations have accepted change. Sure we may prefer one generation over the other ,but we still love the Camaro. If you are a first time buyer with the Gen 5 than in a way this is your first experience with a somewhat significant change. Now this is only my opinion of course. I think some of us as you (Mick) said understand that change is important for a product to reach new buyers. Just like having a different manufacture ( will not mention name) that is also trying to grab the attention of certain buyers. It is important to have competition to make a much better product. I think the "refresh" looks great. It reminds me even more of my first Camaro ('69 RS
vert), the tail lights look very similar to that year. Now I can say that I like the refresh and also say that I love my 2013 5th gen. When the 6th gen comes out ,who knows, I may really hate or really like it In closing no matter what the future holds I am just very happy that the Camaro is here and we can buy one. I was like many diehard Camaro fans very upset that after the 2002 model year we would not see another Camaro! GM for bringing it back. We lost it once before if GM doesnt do their homework we could lose it again.I'm sure nobody here would want that
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #108
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
Everyone has the right to their opinion about the 14's. Me personally, I think it looks great. But that's me. I get that people don't like it and are upset but really what is it that said people want to happen? It's not as though GM will recall all the models they've built because people don't like them. And another refresh for the 15's due to the "backlash" is unlikely also.
Switchin2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #109
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I'm guessing that any major corporation's spam filter automatically deletes any email with "An open letter to..." in the title.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #110
danl

Drives: 2013 JSB Camaro 2ss
no car is perfect from the factory...

like stated above, we all have to do tweaks...usually exhaust, tint,
throttle body, tune, wheel and tires...then sometimes, even more major tweaks to fix what the factory should have done, gave us better color options!
case in point blue. we cry blue. we get blue green. we cry blue, we dark, dark, blue....? but corvette...gets the good colors.
I got fed up, and took action.
Painted mine JSB. Jet Stream Blue ( ah yes...only a corvette color)...
Attached Images

danl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #111
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
and thats just beautiful ! love it !

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #112
danl

Drives: 2013 JSB Camaro 2ss
anyways 2014 are not bad, just need better colors that pop!
danl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 refresh voc, another dumb whiney thread