Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #589
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
lol I had a 73 Camaro with a 250cid L6 with a 3m producing a whopping 100bhp at 3600 RPM
Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #590
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
Cause it would make for better threads "V8 vs V6 vs I4"
Imagine the possibilities
"I have twice the engine you have"
Old 04-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #591
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax13 View Post
I didn't say the V8 is dead - it isn't going anywhere, and OK, maybe the halo Camaro won't be a hybrid but a strong hybrid V4 40+mpg and/or a hybrid V6 that performs like a V8 would be great and modern options for the platform and for Chevy.

I don't think anyone would be laughing at a V8 hybrid with instant torque..... I'd buy it in an instant..... and those who are dead set against change.....
I just don't think Fbodfather and crew are planning a hybrid or EV version of this car. I get that you think that many of us backward thinking old codgers are stuck in the past, but the Camaro crew guys and gals think about what this car is.

They actually came with a stripped down balls to the wall LS7 having ceramic carbon brake sporting fire breathing 500 HP Z/28. Exactly what old codgers like me have wanted on the Z/28 threads.

When Fbodfather said "keep the faith." It wasn't so they could change the essence of a legendary American muscle car into a hybrid prius.

I really understand that you forward thinking high tech whale saving earth protecting grocery transporting types LOVE you some EV's. Heck nothing like listening to the high pitched rattle an inline 3 cylinder golf cart makes as you strain to accelerate up a shallow grade.

I just don't see Chevy ruining the Camaro by making it be a Volt or a Spark.
Nothing wrong with those cars if you want them-- the Camaro however is something else.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #592
madmax13

Drives: '13 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
I just don't think Fbodfather and crew are planning a hybrid or EV version of this car. I get that you think that many of us backward thinking old codgers are stuck in the past, but the Camaro crew guys and gals think about what this car is.

They actually came with a stripped down balls to the wall LS7 having ceramic carbon brake sporting fire breathing 500 HP Z/28. Exactly what old codgers like me have wanted on the Z/28 threads.

When Fbodfather said "keep the faith." It wasn't so they could change the essence of a legendary American muscle car into a hybrid prius.

I really understand that you forward thinking high tech whale saving earth protecting grocery transporting types LOVE you some EV's. Heck nothing like listening to the high pitched rattle an inline 3 cylinder golf cart makes as you strain to accelerate up a shallow grade.

I just don't see Chevy ruining the Camaro by making it be a Volt or a Spark.
Nothing wrong with those cars if you want them-- the Camaro however is something else.
You may be right. I think GM has been hitting the nail on the head lately, especially with the Z/28. I would daily drive that thing if I could afford it. I bought a 1LE because it is such a great car.

While I may believe that we need to be more mindful of our environment, my point is offering a performance hybrid that gets excellent gas mileage would be a great thing to offer in line with the traditional big V8s, ZL1s, ZR1s etc and a great investment for GM to proliferate and develop technology. I would think twice if a 400hp "sport" Camaro EV were offered over an SS.

Go GM
madmax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #593
madmax13

Drives: '13 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
How about I explain my thinking, since Inet bets never work out.

1) GM management has mandated a 15% decrease in weight, EV and hybrid add weight.
2) GM appears to be focusing on DI/VVT and turbos to get the ecomomy and performance they want. We really haven't see any performance cars hinted at having EV or hybrid technology (look at the announcements for the CTS and ATS).
3) It is too expense for a lower volume car like the Camaro. We are more likely to see it in something like the Cruze first. They sale as many of those a month as they sold Camaros all last year. We'll see a hybrid Cruze long before we see a hybrid Camaro.

That said, I do thing some day we may well see a hybrid Camaro, and maybe even an EV Vette-like vehicle. I just don't see it happing in the next 6-8 years.
All valid points. I just think it would be a great way to develop the technology. The traditional motors/turbo may end up being just as efficient, but if anything it would help develop the technology/get some PR. I just think it would be cool to see

I would be happy to put the bet in escrow, just a friendly bet
madmax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #594
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax13 View Post
You may be right. I think GM has been hitting the nail on the head lately, especially with the Z/28. I would daily drive that thing if I could afford it. I bought a 1LE because it is such a great car.

While I may believe that we need to be more mindful of our environment, my point is offering a performance hybrid that gets excellent gas mileage would be a great thing to offer in line with the traditional big V8s, ZL1s, ZR1s etc and a great investment for GM to proliferate and develop technology. I would think twice if a 400hp "sport" Camaro EV were offered over an SS.

Go GM
The 1le is awesome, and I am with you on wanting a Z/28, but a 400 HP EV is unlikely in the Camaro price point. As it stands maybe more than 100 grand and still with problems if Tesla is any indication.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #595
mikey203020

Drives: Want a v6 gray interior used camaro
Camaros are all about the looks for me. So yes I would buy a 4 that was more fuel efficient in a heartbeat. Even driving the six around I have enjoyed ample power. In fact I liked the manual six cylinder over the eight for sure!
mikey203020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #596
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGuySS View Post
a friend of mine has a evo 10 and he averages around 18 mpg stock, when he installed a intake and a tune it went up to about 20 but me with my HHR SS make about the same power stock for stock about 30 hp different (i also paid 10k less then he did) and i get about 25 average mpg with mods and a tune. those eve and subaru motors are powerhouses but they are just dogs on fuel
The all wheel drive is what drains the fuel efficiency.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #597
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz29 View Post
Why would anyone want a 4 cyl camaro?? Sounds a bit lame.
They wouldn't.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #598
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Same reason anyone would want a V6. Same look, decent performance, good gas mileage.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #599
RA1987

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Same reason anyone would want a V6. Same look, decent performance, good gas mileage.
Well said........until somebody ask if its an SS then its a different story.
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #600
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
Quote:
It is lame.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #601
Beehave

Drives: 2010 Yellow/Black 2SS LS3
Maybe for some high revving fun
Attached Images

Beehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #602
Beehave

Drives: 2010 Yellow/Black 2SS LS3
Or because they want some MPG's Maybe a Camaro Ghia..
Attached Images

Beehave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation