Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-22-2016, 12:37 AM   #43
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I don't know, I'm an old fart,so I know nothing but if your trying to make a car sound like it has 800hp when it only has 400, you're kind of a poser. I see all these cars and trucks [who are some of the worst offenders] doing nothing but making a lot of noise. More show than go. If it don't run like it sounds = bad to me but that is just my opinion. I know I am in the minority in this thread, but it is a different perspective. If you really want loud just put some open headers on it and be done with it. That will shake some windows and get you a few tickets to frame..
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:52 AM   #44
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
OP, I know what you're saying and I feel the same way about my car. Maybe I lost some of my hearing like others have mention because a lot of people think the car sounds great. I believe them but I want it a little louder. My setup is SP 1 7/8 and 2.5 connect to 3in back SW retro.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #45
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloss View Post
I have 3"pipes all the way from the xpipe to the front. How do I tune. Can't get rid of cats I live in California. Maybe adding a muffler? What kind of flowermasters. Can I get long lube headers and still pass among in California?
Might as well hang up your balls and buy a Prius. Cali people seem to hate jacked up trucks and loud cars. You could've just got a decent exhaust kit that has been approved for your State and then install electric cutouts.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:22 AM   #46
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
I don't know, I'm an old fart,so I know nothing but if your trying to make a car sound like it has 800hp when it only has 400, you're kind of a poser. I see all these cars and trucks [who are some of the worst offenders] doing nothing but making a lot of noise. More show than go. If it don't run like it sounds = bad to me but that is just my opinion. I know I am in the minority in this thread, but it is a different perspective. If you really want loud just put some open headers on it and be done with it. That will shake some windows and get you a few tickets to frame..
Having a loud exhaust has never ever been considered posing. I seen and had friends that have put loud exhaust on anything and everything they own. People just like having that in my case v8 rumble. Some like the V6 exhaust. ..some like the 4 cylinder exhaust tone. Your right you could be the minority with your opinion on this.Posing to me is telling people your car runs faster then it does ..or the fake badging. .....but having a loud car imo isn't posing.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #47
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Having a loud exhaust has never ever been considered posing. I seen and had friends that have put loud exhaust on anything and everything they own. People just like having that in my case v8 rumble. Some like the V6 exhaust. ..some like the 4 cylinder exhaust tone. Your right you could be the minority with your opinion on this.Posing to me is telling people your car runs faster then it does ..or the fake badging. .....but having a loud car imo isn't posing.
+1

[songsj] so if my car is quiet does that mean it is slow or have only 150hp???
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:11 AM   #48
kraut1971
BITCHN Camaro

Drives: SOLD! Back in the looking zone...
Try MRT V2
Old 06-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #49
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
There's a really cheap mod for making any car's exhaust louder but I have been suspended for posting it.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:08 AM   #50
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Might as well hang up your balls and buy a Prius. Cali people seem to hate jacked up trucks and loud cars. You could've just got a decent exhaust kit that has been approved for your State and then install electric cutouts.
Says the guy who can't get his wife not to put 87 in his Z.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #51
pabloss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Is there any smog legal long tube headers out in the market
pabloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:10 PM   #52
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Quote:
[songsj] so if my car is quiet does that mean it is slow or have only 150hp???
No is does not mean your car is slow, I stated I'm sure I am in the minority on this thread and I am old [ 60 this August], I grew up when loud cars were one of three things, very fast because they were built for HP and speed and the exhaust/headers/ sound was a by product of the build, Those that tried to make their cars sound like the first example and wished they were fast, and beaters that the mufflers were falling off of or had cheap glass packs on them. In my day we equated loud cars to Drag strips, NASCAR, and local race tracks that basically ran open headers. Again I know I'm in the minority, I just don't want my car to sound like it's ready for the Sprint Cup Series when it surely is not. MY own opinion for sure and to each his own.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:20 PM   #53
GetSmart

Drives: 2013 Black SS
Yah you need LT headers and some kind of cut outs right after the headers. Then it will be loud.
Rotofab CAI, VMAX PTB, Borla S axle-back, Dynatech SuperMaxx 1 7/8" headers/HF cats, No weeds exhaust diverters, Apex air scoop & catch can, Rohana wheels, MPD1 Z-Force Hood, BTR Stage 3 cam, Vitesse Throttle Controller, etc...
GetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #54
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Your neighbors probably have the opposite opinion - too loud ;-)
As an experiment did you try removing the carpet/mat in the trunk and driving with the back seat down?
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:43 AM   #55
PH3688
Marines are ghey

Drives: A car
I'm sure this has been stated already although tl;dr the rest of the comments. Open headers. Nuff said.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #56
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Says the guy who can't get his wife not to put 87 in his Z.

I like you, you're funny.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote