Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-02-2016, 09:56 PM   #1
FUEGO
BEASST

Drives: Murderd convertible
Lowering a vert? HELP

Im looking at the Hotchkis 1" lowering springs for my convertible wich is a couple hundred pounds heavier than a hard top so it already sits about 1/4" lower and i just added a front lip so the front looks kind of low.. Does anybody have this setup or some 1" springs?Any regrets or satisfied with the 1"? Should i go lower? Or is there too much problems with speed bumps & driveways? Thanks guys..

Last edited by FUEGO; 11-02-2016 at 11:08 PM.
FUEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
I have the pfadt 1.25" on mine. No splitter. I do have to be careful and try and take an angle on my driveway. Bought mine used and probably the doorknob sales guys did hit a curb or something and scratched it underneath. I may cover it up with a splitter. Was looking at the ACS T4 and that one is not supposed to be any lower than the stock bumper.
Attached Images

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:27 PM   #3
Top Off

Drives: 2012 LS3 1SS/RS Vert
I'm lowered using the Pfadt 1.25 springs, but no additional splitter. Common sense on driveways and speed bumps and it has been fine so far. I can not go any lower though with where I live.
Top Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:43 AM   #4
FUEGO
BEASST

Ill have to check out the PFadt I was also eyeballing the BMR springs just cus their red.. Can anybody post a picture from the ground so I can kinda have an idea of how much clearance id be dealing with? Thanks again guys always apriciated!
Old 11-03-2016, 07:19 AM   #5
Abelardoo_12

Drives: 2011 camaro ss convertible
I have the BMR 1 inch on mine and have a splitter, like the other guys said i have to watch out for speed bumps and take them really slow and go into my driveway at an angle, also when i park at stores i cant get too close to the curb in front because the splitter hits the curb. When i got my springs i talked to the sales guys and they recommended me to go with a little higher on the back than the front and said this was because it was heavier on the back so it would look lower than the front if i went with a 1 inch all around but i still got them like that and the car looks even all around, the only thing is that when im driving at normal speed and i hit a small pothole or an uneven surface then the back wheels hit the fenders a little, other than that there's no serious problem just stay aware and look out for those kind of things and you'll be good and it's totally worth it
Here's a pic of mine, its the lowest angle i have at the time but you can kind of see the clearance with the splitter
Attached Images

Abelardoo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #6
FUEGO
BEASST

Thanks man looks good .. nobody really seems to regret them so I think ill pick some up this weekend

Tags
springs