Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 12-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Article on 6th Gen Camaro

http://carbuzz.com/news/2011/12/23/R...amaro-7706499/

This article states that a four cylinder may be an option. Hmmmmm I just hope they dont get rid of the V6 all the way.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
http://carbuzz.com/news/2011/12/23/R...amaro-7706499/

This article states that a four cylinder may be an option. Hmmmmm I just hope they dont get rid of the V6 all the way.
Anyone that knows, isn't talking.
Anyone that talks, doesn't know.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
http://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/ne...rmed-for-2016/

More 6th gen Camaro info possibly, turbo 270hp 4-cylinder, turbo V6, & 5th Gen V8 the power trains along with lighter weight the goals for the 6th gen BUT the main thing is what will it look like???
Old 01-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Anyone that knows, isn't talking.
Anyone that talks, doesn't know.

Read these articles for their entertainment and "hmmm..." values ONLY. They're completely useless when looking for facts, which risk us believing others' guesses.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've heard that the base 6th gen will most likely have a 2.0T engine.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
I'm just wondering if in the same fashion as to how the 5th Gen was Retro-Styled to look like the 1st Gen...if the 6th Gen will resemble the 2nd Gen.

If they're (Chevrolet) done with Retro-Styling, then it would be really special to see the All-New-Design for the Camaro.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
I'm just wondering if in the same fashion as to how the 5th Gen was Retro-Styled to look like the 1st Gen...if the 6th Gen will resemble the 2nd Gen.

If they're (Chevrolet) done with Retro-Styling, then it would be really special to see the All-New-Design for the Camaro.
They KNOW the current design is a hit (which isn't a retro design, btw...). And they know the design for the next generation needs to be as striking, while still "looks like a Camaro". That's enough to comfort me, but it's anyone's guess what it'll really look like.

There are plenty of awesome design cues from every generation they could use - but I (my opinion, here) REALLY doubt they'll retro the 2nd gen, just because.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
trganey

Drives: 1979 Z28-Retired, 2012 RS
Is there really not going to be rear passenger seating in the new Camaro? Could be how they plan to reduce size and weight and get away with the 2.0 turbo 4cyl out of the Sosltice. Sounds like their just modifying the Sol and puting a Camaro badge on it.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by trganey View Post
Is there really not going to be rear passenger seating in the new Camaro? Could be how they plan to reduce size and weight and get away with the 2.0 turbo 4cyl out of the Sosltice. Sounds like their just modifying the Sol and puting a Camaro badge on it.
It's a Camaro. It will be a 4-seater coupe.

If they choose to use a 270hp turbo 4, remember we have no idea what they're going to use...but I imagine if they use it -- they'll "get away" with it, because the base-car customer is a little different from the performance models. And yet, that engine will still PULL assuming the car is very low 3000 lb range!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trganey View Post
Well, technically the Fiat 500 seats 4 ... so the Camaro can shrink down quite a ways without going to only 2 seats.

And the 2.0T, if offered, won't be the one from the Solstice. That engine has been replaced with one that is both more refined and more powerful (and probably a bit more efficient too)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
CamarJoe

Drives: C
I would bet that the new base model Camaro will use the turbo 4-cylinder that will be in the Cadillac ATS. I believe it is a 2.0-liter with 270hp. I think they'll still offer a V8, albeit at a much higher price. I'm excited to see this new engine as I think it would be great for the new 2013 Malibu as well as an aftermarket Sonic or Cruze. I don't think a twin-turbo V6 is doable at least right now. Chevy and GM really don't have a whole lot of experience in turbo engines, let alone twin-turbo engines. Having said that, there are rumors that the next Corvette could use a twin-turbo V6, so GM might be making a huge gamble by researching and developing a TT V6, but I think it would be great. Personally, I prefer natural aspiration, but I completely understand why they would move to smaller displacement with turbos. Weight management is more important for the camaro anyway.

Last edited by CamarJoe; 01-01-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamarJoe View Post
I would bet that the new base model Camaro will use the turbo 4-cylinder that will be in the Cadillac ATS. I believe it is a 2.0-liter with 270hp. I think they'll still offer a V8, albeit at a much higher price. I'm excited to see this new engine as I think it would be great for the new 2013 Malibu as well as an aftermarket Sonic or Cruze. I don't think a twin-turbo V6 is doable at least right now. Chevy and GM really don't have a whole lot of experience in turbo engines, let alone twin-turbo engines. Having said that, there are rumors that the next Corvette could use a twin-turbo V6, so GM might be making a huge gamble by researching and developing a TT V6, but I think it would be great. Personally, I prefer natural aspiration, but I completely understand why they would move to smaller displacement with turbos. Weight management is more important for the camaro anyway.
Actually...They've been doing turbo-charged engines for a while. They developed the twin-scroll turbo 4 cylinder long before Ford ever thought of "EcoBoost". They're just horrible at advertising it.

Rumor has it that they initially developed the ZR1 to use turbochargers...but the compact engine compartment of the Corvette caused a...."thermal event"...at those power levels, so they deciding on supercharging, instead.

They've already built, and sold a turbocharged V6 in the Cadillac SRX, but it didn't sell very well. And...they've just engineered a twin-turbo V6 for Indycar racing.

Took a trip around the world just to say: "It's possible"...sorry.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
CamarJoe

Drives: C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Actually...They've been doing turbo-charged engines for a while. They developed the twin-scroll turbo 4 cylinder long before Ford ever thought of "EcoBoost". They're just horrible at advertising it.

Rumor has it that they initially developed the ZR1 to use turbochargers...but the compact engine compartment of the Corvette caused a...."thermal event"...at those power levels, so they deciding on supercharging, instead.

They've already built, and sold a turbocharged V6 in the Cadillac SRX, but it didn't sell very well. And...they've just engineered a twin-turbo V6 for Indycar racing.

Took a trip around the world just to say: "It's possible"...sorry.
Interesting... I wonder if the reorganization had some impact on the R&D allocations for these high-tech forced induction engines. Oh and sweet ZL1, can't wait to see it
Old 01-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #14
Ucantctchme

Drives: 2010 ss. 1990 RS the faster one.
The turbo solstice is slow and that car is tiny.

Closed Thread