Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #169
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYock View Post
fixed.
I like what you've done with the lights...
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #170
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
I was just thinking, the 5th gen kinda had a "shark" look to it, and the sixth gen with the dual nostrils makes it look like a "duck bill" from the hood?? They trying to stay with the animal theme lol
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:38 PM   #171
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
I was just thinking, the 5th gen kinda had a "shark" look to it, and the sixth gen with the dual nostrils makes it look like a "duck bill" from the hood?? They trying to stay with the animal theme lol

The dual ports on the hood are starting to grow on me, I think the render is a little off on their actual position though.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:45 PM   #172
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYock View Post
fixed.

As much as I like the C5 I have to say it does look a little sleeker.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:14 AM   #173
Jontall

Drives: GTO
If that's a 2016 Camaro die than they only made very minor changes to the current model that I'm not crazy-about.
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:17 AM   #174
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
GM has stated that the vette design will make its way into other models. so I would assume you'll see some vette-eske styling on the Camaro.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:44 AM   #175
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontall View Post
If that's a 2016 Camaro die than they only made very minor changes to the current model that I'm not crazy-about.
The only thing you can tell from this tool is that there is feature line along the rear quarter giving the Camaro it's "hips" and that, as a coupe, there is a fixed rear quarter glass and we can determine it's outline.

You can see where the plastic rocker panel will be attached but not it's shape. That's about it.

There isn't much else we can tell from this.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:03 PM   #176
dkrasniak

Drives: 2011 White Convertible 2SS
Dogleg roof for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
Looks like there is a slight dogleg in the slope of the Camaro's roof line.
Check out my "virtual rotation" of the "leaked" photo... [disregard the fat door jamb due to the distortion of the picture.]

In order to make the greenhouse smaller but not reduce rear seat headroom to zero, there has to be a dogleg in the roof. The over all size of the car is smaller but the seating area can't be reduced further without resorting to calling it a 2+2 and losing many potential sales. And if the rear quarter window wasn't turned up a little "a-la Ferrari" it would make the shortened roof line look worse. I too don't care for that large area of sheet metal between the rear quarter "hips" and the bottom of the quarter window (esp when compared to say the GTR, which incidentally is only a 2 seater and has a really clean lower glass line), but the Camaro, to achieve the goals of seating 4 in a smaller car requires the dogleg, and the roof can't slope down as fast as a longer car could without sacrificing headroom. It just seems like the Ferrari did it more neatly... but there again, its a 2 seater.
dkrasniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #177
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrasniak View Post
Check out my "virtual rotation" of the "leaked" photo... [disregard the fat door jamb due to the distortion of the picture.]

In order to make the greenhouse smaller but not reduce rear seat headroom to zero, there has to be a dogleg in the roof. The over all size of the car is smaller but the seating area can't be reduced further without resorting to calling it a 2+2 and losing many potential sales. And if the rear quarter window wasn't turned up a little "a-la Ferrari" it would make the shortened roof line look worse. I too don't care for that large area of sheet metal between the rear quarter "hips" and the bottom of the quarter window (esp when compared to say the GTR, which incidentally is only a 2 seater and has a really clean lower glass line), but the Camaro, to achieve the goals of seating 4 in a smaller car requires the dogleg, and the roof can't slope down as fast as a longer car could without sacrificing headroom. It just seems like the Ferrari did it more neatly... but there again, its a 2 seater.
It's hard to tell for sure without any reference points, but it looks like they designed a bigger side window in the car. Maybe somebody already posted this.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:33 AM   #178
joephillippi

Drives: Jeep
This looks like a fixture/jig to check the dimensional accuracy of the rear quarter panel as well as the rest of the body side pieces. A stamping die is solid steel and comes in a set for the multi station transfer press line.
joephillippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #179
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joephillippi View Post
This looks like a fixture/jig to check the dimensional accuracy of the rear quarter panel as well as the rest of the body side pieces. A stamping die is solid steel and comes in a set for the multi station transfer press line.
No all dies are made out of solid steel and come in multi station transfer press lines.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:13 PM   #180
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
No all dies are made out of solid steel and come in multi station transfer press lines.
Agreed. This is far more complex than a check fixture. Of course having seen both in action over the years it is easier to tell.

This more likely one half of the die that pierces the holes. Note the pads in the areas for door hinges, latch striker, quarter window attachments, lower body cladding, etc.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:48 AM   #181
Chris98SS

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS/1988 TransAmGTA
Aside from the b-pillar, this car looks 2nd-gen-ish, in my eyes. Very similar roof lines and rear quarter.
Chris98SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #182
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Actual 2016 Chevy Camaro body side showing roofline and fender

Here is the latest. I am done guessing. I am gonna wait for the real 2016 Camaro to show up.
Attached Images

spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation