Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 05-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Question 14 Impala vs 14 Lacrosse, vs 14 XTS

Let's say all 3 are equipped with FWD/3.6 V6, all top tier Impala LTZ, Lacrosse Touring (I believe that is the top), XTS Platinum.

Which looks the best?
Is the buick worth the extra Charge over the Impala? the Caddy over the Buick?

I think for me it is the Impala, i just love the look so much while I think the Buick has never looked that good and the 14 refresh doesn't really help. i don't really see any features that make the Buick an attractive purchase over the Impala either. I like the looks of the XTS (and AWD/turbo power coming, but that is not the question haha), but have a hard time justifying the extra charge.

Discuss.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
LaCrosse's main pull will be a standard eAssist powertrain and available AWD, plus a higher brand status. As for XTS, the Impala's interior is nice but it's not XTS nice, especially once you get into the Platinum trim.

Impala will probably cannibalize some LaCrosse sales but that's fine. LaCrosse is getting bumped even more upmarket in the future anways.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Stew

Good points indeed. I really like the XTS too, but even with the nicer interior I am having touble seeing it as $20k better than the Impala, in the FWD configuration anyways. OK, what can I say, for the first time in a long time, I may be a little smitten with CHevy's Big sedan
Old 05-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Given the choice between the three I'd have a hard time between Impala and XTS. XTS gets panned all the time for its FWD underpinnings but it really is a fantastic car inside and out and has a real presence on the road. Plus the LF3/AWD combination is going to make for a very good car IMO.

LaCrosse is a great car but it's now going on its 4th model year. While the exterior/interior updates for 2014 are pretty damn good the design is starting to show its age a bit.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Given the choice between the three I'd have a hard time between Impala and XTS. XTS gets panned all the time for its FWD underpinnings but it really is a fantastic car inside and out and has a real presence on the road. Plus the LF3/AWD combination is going to make for a very good car IMO.

LaCrosse is a great car but it's now going on its 4th model year. While the exterior/interior updates for 2014 are pretty damn good the design is starting to show its age a bit.
Agreed the LF3/AWD is what will really set the XTS about. I never really cared for the Lacrosse even when it was new, the others seem to cover their bones better I guess.