Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Lowered 1LE

I searched but couldn't find a definitive answer.

From a purely cosmetic standpoint, would lowering a 1LE with pedders or Pfadt springs negatively impact the 1LE?
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
stangkilr

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I have wondered this myself.
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie Dynamite View Post
I searched but couldn't find a definitive answer.

From a purely cosmetic standpoint, would lowering a 1LE with pedders or Pfadt springs negatively impact the 1LE?
Only people who have lowered so far that I know of are Sukxost and me. We both have Pfadt lowering springs (1.25"). The ride is obviously a little rougher than stock, but it certainly isn't harsh. Mine is my daily driver and I take it everywhere. I don't mind it at all. Coilovers would have obviously been better, but the cost was too much for me. There are no clearance issues that I know of, and I haven't scraped anything yet. Just be careful of speedbumps and steep drives. Angle of entry is key. Make sure you get it aligned and time the bushings. There is an article somewhere on here about timing the bushings. The alignment guy can do it for you in less than 30 minutes. I have taken some really nice pictures of it lowered but havent got around to uploading them yet. I will do that tonight and you can see them. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them the best I can.
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
"Purely" cosmetic? NO
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalewsk View Post
Only people who have lowered so far that I know of are Sukxost and me. We both have Pfadt lowering springs (1.25"). The ride is obviously a little rougher than stock, but it certainly isn't harsh. Mine is my daily driver and I take it everywhere. I don't mind it at all. Coilovers would have obviously been better, but the cost was too much for me. There are no clearance issues that I know of, and I haven't scraped anything yet. Just be careful of speedbumps and steep drives. Angle of entry is key. Make sure you get it aligned and time the bushings. There is an article somewhere on here about timing the bushings. The alignment guy can do it for you in less than 30 minutes. I have taken some really nice pictures of it lowered but havent got around to uploading them yet. I will do that tonight and you can see them. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them the best I can.
I'm lowered on Pfadt's as well and I'm completely

As stated above you just have to be careful with steep angles and stay back on parking lot curbs. The ride is still better than my turbo'd cobalt on coilovers. Apples and oranges yes but the ride is more than fine even as a DD and with the extra weight of the SC up front.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
"Purely" cosmetic? NO
I know my answer wasn't purely cosmetic, but I figured I'd add a little more information about lowering the 1LE since there really isn't much information about it on the forums currently.

From a "purely cosmetic standpoint," it looks badass... There is no longer a huge gap in the rear, and the overall look of the car changes dramatically in a positive way.
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I'm lowering mine, one of the first things to be done as soon as it's delivered and I'm not worried one bit. I had lowered my 45th SS with SLP springs, trying BMR 1" springs on the 1LE and fully expect a little more of a taught / stiffer feel but once again a non-issue for me.
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
So it isnt a big deal? Good to know guys! Thanks

I know ill probably get flamed by a bunch of people for asking but relaxxxxx! I'm just asking.

I love the 1LE for its style and performance enhancements. Although I may track if a few times a year for fun this will be my daily driver... I love certain styling looks. I've looked through countless threads and really like the look of 22" wheels. When I track it, ill be putting the stock wheels and tires back on but for my daily driving, will 22s make any sense of a lowered 1LE?

You'll probably say why not just get a SS? Well, why should I? I have a great deal on a 1LE. The option is priced right. Can I have the best of both worlds? My style taste and performance?

I'm actually nervous asking this. It's not intended to piss anybody off... I know there are serious racers here... I'm not one of them.
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #9
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Your car do what YOU like... yes you can sport the 22's. Tons of choices...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #10
dmtashima

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie Dynamite View Post
So it isnt a big deal? Good to know guys! Thanks

I know ill probably get flamed by a bunch of people for asking but relaxxxxx! I'm just asking.

I love the 1LE for its style and performance enhancements. Although I may track if a few times a year for fun this will be my daily driver... I love certain styling looks. I've looked through countless threads and really like the look of 22" wheels. When I track it, ill be putting the stock wheels and tires back on but for my daily driving, will 22s make any sense of a lowered 1LE?

You'll probably say why not just get a SS? Well, why should I? I have a great deal on a 1LE. The option is priced right. Can I have the best of both worlds? My style taste and performance?

I'm actually nervous asking this. It's not intended to piss anybody off... I know there are serious racers here... I'm not one of them.
Haha not going to lie, youre not alone. It's very intimidating for me too.
I have the same questions, in fact I went into the shop today where I plan to get some work done at, and they were suggesting the H&R Springs that come in either 1.4 in, or 1.8 inch and I wasn't sure if I should keep the ride height stock, go down 1.4 inches, or hit 1.8...any thoughts? I really like the look of the lowered camaros!
dmtashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #11
tramtwo

check out this setup... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279759

Old 03-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #12
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtashima View Post
Haha not going to lie, youre not alone. It's very intimidating for me too.
I have the same questions, in fact I went into the shop today where I plan to get some work done at, and they were suggesting the H&R Springs that come in either 1.4 in, or 1.8 inch and I wasn't sure if I should keep the ride height stock, go down 1.4 inches, or hit 1.8...any thoughts? I really like the look of the lowered camaros!
I think anything more than an inch is asking for trouble as a daily driver...
Old 03-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #13
dmtashima

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I think anything more than an inch is asking for trouble as a daily driver...
So, 1.4 would be pretty tough to maneuver around bumps and driveways then?
dmtashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #14
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Let me go one step further and say to the OP. Yes, it is possible to lower a car too much and it will have a negative effect on performance.

If you lower a car and under full corner load your suspension is binding or sitting on bump stops that can have a negative effect on handling. Typically 1.5ish" or less and you will not run into this type of problem. Going with a specialized company like Pfadt or Pedders is a safe bet that their combination of lowered ride height and spring rate will benefit the performance.

I have never worked with the 5th gen suspension but maybe the suspension experts can chime in and provide more detail as to what the limits are.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote