Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2017, 12:42 PM   #29
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Oil companies won't be happy about this. Wonder what will happen with the stock market?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #30
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Oil companies won't be happy about this. Wonder what will happen with the stock market?
Oil isn't going anywhere. Where do you think plastic comes from? Coal, oil, natural gas. Roads? Made of oil. Rubber made from oil. The shift will go to Nat. Gas. Might be cheap now but you best believe they'll boost price to make their profit. Proof is diesel vehicles. The cheapest to make yet is more exp than gasoline. Gas went up so ppl got on the diesel kick. They boosted price of diesel. Then of course hands stepped in and said regulate diesel. Gotta be low sulfur. What? No problemo! Increase price of diesel more! Still rolling!never missed a beat.

As for those that think vehicles will need t be charged at home? It'll be wireless charging from the roads you travel. So you never have to stuff to refuel. Just keep going and going and going....plus you won't have to touch the wheel. It drives itself! Imagine watching robot races. Yea you'll have a "driver" alright. Sitting there reading a book cause all he had to do was hit the accelerator. Fastest reflex time wins!!! Watch it at home and you'll hear this: .......... as the cars go down the track lol talk about excitement for the masses. NHRA electric cars bring the "golf clap" to the race track!!!!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #31
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Oil isn't going anywhere. Where do you think plastic comes from? Coal, oil, natural gas. Roads? Made of oil. Rubber made from oil. The shift will go to Nat. Gas. Might be cheap now but you best believe they'll boost price to make their profit. Proof is diesel vehicles. The cheapest to make yet is more exp than gasoline. Gas went up so ppl got on the diesel kick. They boosted price of diesel. Then of course hands stepped in and said regulate diesel. Gotta be low sulfur. What? No problemo! Increase price of diesel more! Still rolling!never missed a beat.

As for those that think vehicles will need t be charged at home? It'll be wireless charging from the roads you travel. So you never have to stuff to refuel. Just keep going and going and going....plus you won't have to touch the wheel. It drives itself! Imagine watching robot races. Yea you'll have a "driver" alright. Sitting there reading a book cause all he had to do was hit the accelerator. Fastest reflex time wins!!! Watch it at home and you'll hear this: .......... as the cars go down the track lol talk about excitement for the masses. NHRA electric cars bring the "golf clap" to the race track!!!!
no $hit! ever watch Formula E? you can totally sleep during one of those races!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #32
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post

You hit it bro I think that's exactly how it's going to go
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #33
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
Tesla's main advantage is power delivery from a standstill, which is why their 1/4 mile and 0-60 times are so good. When you look at the trap speed on one, it's not particularly stellar.

I dunno. Having a car with personality is kind of the whole point for me, as is some level of being able to DIY. I've had a few rides in electric vehicles, and while the acceleration is interesting the first time you experience it, it's also a terribly dull, lifeless experience outside of that. If I were forced to purchase an electric at some point, you can be sure it'd be the cheapest POS I could find, because there'd really be no fun or engagement factor beyond that. (much like there isn't with paddle shifters)

Overall, gas isn't going anywhere anytime soon. There's a segment of the automobile populous that is well served by electric right now (metro area drivers / small or no family couples), and a significant amount of other people who won't see it as a viable option for a long while yet (longer distance commuters, anyone who needs to pull or carry weight, etc).
I wouldn't say all electric vehicles are lifeless and dull. If you ever have the opportunity - sit in or watch a P100D while they launch in Ludicrous mode. Its not exactly the same sound but the electric engine kind of has a loud supercharger wine to it - definitely still sounds like you're going fast as shit. Not to mention almost 100% of the time I do some spirited driving of my Camaro SS its in the 0-60 MPH range. My car is probably 4.0+ second 0-60. A high end Tesla with sub 3 second 0-60 would feel insane.
Hixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #34
Hixson

On a related note - as sad as it is, the gearhead generation is getting old and our newer generations just aren't that interested in DIY gas cars and building muscle cars. I'm in my mid 20s and I am hands down the only person in my large group of friends that knows anything about building, fixing, talking about, or modding cars. Most of them are more worried about leasing a civic to save money for travelling or paying off our $100,000 in student loans lol. Just look at Harley Davidson sales and shit, were phasing out the HogLife lifestyle too.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #35
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixson View Post
On a related note - as sad as it is, the gearhead generation is getting old and our newer generations just aren't that interested in DIY gas cars and building muscle cars. I'm in my mid 20s and I am hands down the only person in my large group of friends that knows anything about building, fixing, talking about, or modding cars. Most of them are more worried about leasing a civic to save money for travelling or paying off our $100,000 in student loans lol. Just look at Harley Davidson sales and shit, were phasing out the HogLife lifestyle too.
It's been dying for a while. Just look at the amount of guys that are buying automatic transmissions these days.

That's a sweet car you got brother but you really should do yourself a favor while you're still young and well you can still get one and when you get your next car get it with a manual.

That would truly stand out to me that you're different than the other millennials.

Don't take that as a personal attack or anything because I guarantee you if you go that route with your next muscle or sports car you will thank me.

Plus you'll be able to tell your great-grandkids that you were one of the last people whoever learn how to drive a manual.

My son is 8 years old now I'll be damned if I don't teach him how to drive a manual transmission rear wheel drive car before they're gone.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #36
Hixson

My winter beater is an manual ford focus - so I definitely know how to drive one lol. I purchased an A6 L99 because this car, while is mainly used by myself, is something that I wanted my fiancé and friends to be able to enjoy as well. My fiancé drives it once a week and my friends like to go for rides and take it for a spin every once in a while. If I ever purchased another car to be my weekend warrior/nice days car I would for sure go with a manual. But for practicality sake, the auto better serves me as a daily driver

Edit PS*** if it ever works out that I get a work car allowance for a civic or a truck or something, I will trade my 1SS for a ZL1 manual in a heartbeat lol
Old 10-03-2017, 03:03 PM   #37
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixson View Post
My winter beater is an manual ford focus - so I definitely know how to drive one lol. I purchased an A6 L99 because this car, while is mainly used by myself, is something that I wanted my fiancé and friends to be able to enjoy as well. My fiancé drives it once a week and my friends like to go for rides and take it for a spin every once in a while. If I ever purchased another car to be my weekend warrior/nice days car I would for sure go with a manual. But for practicality sake, the auto better serves me as a daily driver
Old 10-03-2017, 03:08 PM   #38
Hixson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
Hard enough to get the old lady to give the thumbs up for a 2-door RWD car in the state of Iowa - I didn't want to push it man lol
Old 10-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #39
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
[QUOTE=5thGenOwner;9926585]We are also moving quickly to 'autonomous' too... so someday (maybe sooner than we expect) someone is going to utter the following: "What! You had to buy your car, back then? And you had to drive it yourself? And it ran on gasoline?"

This is happening where I work next week.

http://mailchi.mp/kanatanorthbia.ca/...o?e=97a1a583dc
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #40
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
[QUOTE=PriorSS;9927507][QUOTE=5thGenOwner;9926585]We are also moving quickly to 'autonomous' too... so someday (maybe sooner than we expect) someone is going to utter the following: "What! You had to buy your car, back then? And you had to drive it yourself? And it ran on gasoline?"

This is happening where I work next week.

http://mailchi.mp/kanatanorthbia.ca/...o?e=97a1a583dc[/QUOTE

The end is nigh!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #41
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'm looking forward to practical electric cars.

As it is, a Tesla sedan will kick any muscle car or super car's ass in a drag race.

Once the driving range and recharging speed is there, bring on the electric car for everyone.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #42
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
Believe it.

We are screwing our way into extinction. In the past 100 years, we’ve increased the world population by 3 1/2 times. More efficient cars are just a drop in the bucket of what people in a couple generations will have to do. How about limited numbers of cars by issuing limited numbers of permits that cost $70k just for the permit? It’s a reality today in Singapore. Young people will see drastic changes in the way we live in their lifetime.
It's not political & I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I sincerely believe there's a connection between recent global natural events & the new interest by multiple countries in populating Mars.
It's my belief, that the powers that be are aware this planet is doomed & are searching to somehow save our species, without causing mass panic.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote