Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #43
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
We, as a country, have always undergone good and bad times. To those who say our country is now as bad as its ever been are not familiar with history. We've been through worse and will continue to persevere. Do you remember how torn our country was during Vietnam? The riots? How about the Civil War? I think that qualifies as a pretty crazy time in the U.S. This guy is just another lunatic with a gun. Sadly, he killed more than ever before. Does anyone recall Charles Whitman? Do a little research. Pretty sick as well. Our country marches on.
Your points are valid. However, the country isn't moving on. We're catering to this type of behavior. We've almost eliminated the death penalty. No matter how heinous the crime, let him sit, be fed by tax payers expense. That's not ok in my book. It's not ok the dismantle the working class to get more reliant on gov assistance cause loyalty is non existent with companies. Gone is having a great retirement from staying yrs with a company. They let you go to keep part of your pension? Social Security is now given to those who never worked a day in their lives simply by claiming depressed or some other mental illness due to drug use ect when they're fully capable of working. Removing famous statues or flags because the minority feels it's now against them. Move work from what used to provide quality product to now absolute crap to save a penny. Our flag is not even made in America cause it costs too much! Replacing an experienced guy with someone who knows nothing to save a few pennies. I can't see how the future can get brighter when more shall be unemployed as robots will do it all? Hell in a hand basket...

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #44
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Your points are valid. However, the country isn't moving on. We're catering to this type of behavior. We've almost eliminated the death penalty. No matter how heinous the crime, let him sit, be fed by tax payers expense. That's not ok in my book. It's not ok the dismantle the working class to get more reliant on gov assistance cause loyalty is non existent with companies. Gone is having a great retirement from staying yrs with a company. They let you go to keep part of your pension? Social Security is now given to those who never worked a day in their lives simply by claiming depressed or some other mental illness due to drug use ect when they're fully capable of working. Removing famous statues or flags because the minority feels it's now against them. Move work from what used to provide quality product to now absolute crap to save a penny. Our flag is not even made in America cause it costs too much! Replacing an experienced guy with someone who knows nothing to save a few pennies. I can't see how the future can get brighter when more shall be unemployed as robots will do it all? Hell in a hand basket...
You're getting into areas that are off topic from this crime. Yes, I agree that there are many issues that change our country. I agree with you on retirements and Social Security. However, I must disagree on the death penalty. Sorry, but having one does not make any country or state great. Just the opposite. Killing to punish those who kill is wrong, and has NEVER acted as a deterrent to crime. Never. You never see a rich person going to the death house. Wealth buys an out, and that's just not fair. Also, DNA has now shown that some were innocent of their convicted crime, and released before the executioner got there. What about the one's in the past that were innocent, but did not have DNA to save them? Can you imagine being dragged to the electric chair screaming out your innocence and no one cares? I can't imagine a horror like that on anyone. We need to be more like England in that regard.

As far as middle class disappearing, I agree and it's sad. Trump stated he would keep more jobs in America. Let's see.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #45
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Everyone’s heart is in the right place. That’s what counts. If we agreed on everything, nothing would ever get better. Work hard, play hard, leave it better than you found it.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #46
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
You're getting into areas that are off topic from this crime. Yes, I agree that there are many issues that change our country. I agree with you on retirements and Social Security. However, I must disagree on the death penalty. Sorry, but having one does not make any country or state great. Just the opposite. Killing to punish those who kill is wrong, and has NEVER acted as a deterrent to crime. Never. You never see a rich person going to the death house. Wealth buys an out, and that's just not fair. Also, DNA has now shown that some were innocent of their convicted crime, and released before the executioner got there. What about the one's in the past that were innocent, but did not have DNA to save them? Can you imagine being dragged to the electric chair screaming out your innocence and no one cares? I can't imagine a horror like that on anyone. We need to be more like England in that regard.

As far as middle class disappearing, I agree and it's sad. Trump stated he would keep more jobs in America. Let's see.
Exoneration? In my opinion eliminating it would solve that issue. Who do you think is paying for appeals ect? A jury of 12 convicts you. It's should be a case closed thing. I couldn't understand if you could find out clearance of guilt within 1-2 yrs but it literally takes 8+ yrs. many spend upwards of 10-15 yrs. that's at minimum an entire decade of your life lost. So you get out and then what? Get a job at a local grocer cause your career is shot. Live off gov assistance? Perhaps if you were a family man you'd get reunited with your kids. I wouldn't be screaming from an electric chair which bye, needs to be brought back. I prefer to be dead than spend 5+ yrs in an animal house. That's just me. But I don't care who you are? 5+ yrs in prison and you're not coming out the same way you went in.

Check out the movie "Shot Caller." It'll give you a true glimpse of what happens to someone who goes to prison. Not the whole story line but it's fairly consistent.

Yes, the crime committed in Vegas is horrible. But my gut feeling? It's not going to be the last. History repeats itself and the media glorifies it. It wouldn't surprise me to hear someone else trying it. The percent is pretty high of it being copied. Look at Columbine, mall shootings, theaters, bombings, police officers killed...

Old 10-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #47
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Exoneration? In my opinion eliminating it would solve that issue. Who do you think is paying for appeals ect? A jury of 12 convicts you. It's should be a case closed thing. I couldn't understand if you could find out clearance of guilt within 1-2 yrs but it literally takes 8+ yrs. many spend upwards of 10-15 yrs. that's at minimum an entire decade of your life lost. So you get out and then what? Get a job at a local grocer cause your career is shot. Live off gov assistance? Perhaps if you were a family man you'd get reunited with your kids. I wouldn't be screaming from an electric chair which bye, needs to be brought back. I prefer to be dead than spend 5+ yrs in an animal house. That's just me. But I don't care who you are? 5+ yrs in prison and you're not coming out the same way you went in.

Check out the movie "Shot Caller." It'll give you a true glimpse of what happens to someone who goes to prison. Not the whole story line but it's fairly consistent.

Yes, the crime committed in Vegas is horrible. But my gut feeling? It's not going to be the last. History repeats itself and the media glorifies it. It wouldn't surprise me to hear someone else trying it. The percent is pretty high of it being copied. Look at Columbine, mall shootings, theaters, bombings, police officers killed...
A movie? That’s your reference to make an important argument about the future of our Nation? At least I respected you when we were arguing and even understood when you got your references wrong. An indictment of the America education system if I’ve seen one.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:13 AM   #48
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Auto vs. Manual?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #49
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Auto vs. Manual?

Coasting uphill.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #50
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
A movie? That’s your reference to make an important argument about the future of our Nation? At least I respected you when we were arguing and even understood when you got your references wrong. An indictment of the America education system if I’ve seen one.
No moron. About living in prison. Perhaps if you read instead of scanned my post you'd have seen where I stated someone who GOES TO PRISON!!!!! And you want to talk about literacy issues? Lmfao!

The future is China. Overpopulated country with starvation in excess. It's a ways away but we're heading that way. Going green to "help the environment." Electric cars for everyone, dependent upon one resource for everything. Electricity, the power grid, big brother. More regulations or fences to keep the cattle going in one direction. To the slaughterhouse...

Old 10-03-2017, 11:24 AM   #51
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Anyone know of a good forum where I can talk Camaro stuff?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #52
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Anyone know of a good forum where I can talk Camaro stuff?
Should I get a second catch can?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #53
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Should I get a second catch can?
Buy 3 get 1 free!