Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #29
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
What's wrong with our country is us, the people who live in it. We've let it happen and we've lost control and are out of control.

Instead of pointing fingers and blaming others, we need to look at ourselves. Yes, that means YOU.

I ask, what are YOU going to do today to make this a BETTER country? And, that means a BETTER country for ALL, not just a select group of people.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #30
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
There’s nothing wrong with “this” country. Our country is still just as awesome as it was the day before the Vegas shootings. It’s great weather NFL players kneel or stand during the national anthem. It’s absolutely phenomenal no matter if you’re pro gun or antigun, prochoice, of pro life, new coke or original, Apple or Microsoft. Our country is incredible no matter what controversy or adversity we face as a nation.

If anyone thinks “this” country is any less than it was before and, while not perfect, isn’t still the greatest place in the world to live.... and yet refers to it as “this” country instead of my of our country, needs to be shown the door.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #31
gringo
Account Suspended

Unfortunately, in some ways it is NOT the greatest place. Neither in life expectancy or health care. People are working longer hours for less pay with reduced health benefits.

The wonderful middle class, once a very unique and special part of americana, is rapidly dying.

We have an out of touch government while special interests and political corruption rule the day.

It's going to take a revolution to significantly change things, but are you willing? I mean, are you truly willing to sacrifice here on the "home front" to make things better for all?

It has to start with the people and that's us. We have no one to blame for what's happening in our country, my country, your country, this country, except us.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #32
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
There’s nothing wrong with “this” country. Our country is still just as awesome as it was the day before the Vegas shootings. It’s great weather NFL players kneel or stand during the national anthem. It’s absolutely phenomenal no matter if you’re pro gun or antigun, prochoice, of pro life, new coke or original, Apple or Microsoft. Our country is incredible no matter what controversy or adversity we face as a nation.

If anyone thinks “this” country is any less than it was before and, while not perfect, isn’t still the greatest place in the world to live.... and yet refers to it as “this” country instead of my of our country, needs to be shown the door.
Agree. and we can still vote!

Roll Tide.
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #33
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Unfortunately, in some ways it is NOT the greatest place. Neither in life expectancy or health care. People are working longer hours for less pay with reduced health benefits.

The wonderful middle class, once a very unique and special part of americana, is rapidly dying.

We have an out of touch government while special interests and political corruption rule the day.

It's going to take a revolution to significantly change things, but are you willing? I mean, are you truly willing to sacrifice here on the "home front" to make things better for all?

It has to start with the people and that's us. We have no one to blame for what's happening in our country, my country, your country, this country, except us.
This!

SquawkVFR...are you a flower child? I mean you have to be utterly delusional to see this country as phenomenal as it once was.

I feel for the kids, my kids having to grow up in a shittier world than when I was growing up. It was changing to what it is now but it's just torn. No hope. A toilet bowl with flushing water...that a 2000yr old plumber couldn't reverse. It's not the ppl in this country the problem. The ppl have no legs to stand on. Scared. Our gov is the problem cause they're not dealing with the issues at hand. And I'm not about to give the laundry list of what needed.

As above poster stated? Revolution. And it's not going to happen. When or if it does? This country would be stripped down to 1800s. No electricity, water ect. I'd imagine the survivors wouldn't be alive much longer cause they're too busy admiring the beauty of such a great country...

My take? Guy wasn't mental, never did harm to anyone til vegas? He wanted a legacy. He achieved it at the expense of others.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #34
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post

Just to clarify, what would you like us to sacrifice here on the “home front” to make things better?
Old 10-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #35
Wizard1183

Quote:
Just to clarify, what would you like us to sacrifice here on the “home front” to make things better?
It's very ppl of course. You obviously don't know what a revolution consists of. Take off your diaper lol

Old 10-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #36
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
This!

SquawkVFR...are you a flower child? I mean you have to be utterly delusional to see this country as phenomenal as it once was.

I feel for the kids, my kids having to grow up in a shittier world than when I was growing up. It was changing to what it is now but it's just torn. No hope. A toilet bowl with flushing water...that a 2000yr old plumber couldn't reverse. It's not the ppl in this country the problem. The ppl have no legs to stand on. Scared. Our gov is the problem cause they're not dealing with the issues at hand. And I'm not about to give the laundry list of what needed.

As above poster stated? Revolution. And it's not going to happen. When or if it does? This country would be stripped down to 1800s. No electricity, water ect. I'd imagine the survivors wouldn't be alive much longer cause they're too busy admiring the beauty of such a great country...

My take? Guy wasn't mental, never did harm to anyone til vegas? He wanted a legacy. He achieved it at the expense of others.
OMG...a flower child would be saying how crappy our country is and “start a revolution” , a patriot would be saying how wonderful our country is. You might want to crack a book or google stuff before the next you sound totally ignorant.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #37
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
It's very ppl of course. You obviously don't know what a revolution consists of. Take off your diaper lol
I did my sacrificing somewhere else. I think I’ll skip doing anymore here on the home front.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #38
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
We have to be willing to sacrifice everything. Anything less is a half-hearted effort that will fail.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #39
Wizard1183

Quote:
OMG...a flower child would be saying how crappy our country is and “start a revolution” , a patriot would be saying how wonderful our country is. You might want to crack a book or google stuff before the next you sound totally ignorant.
A perhaps my term was a bit off. Hipster? Maybe? Hippie? Someone who's see positive in everything when the sky's falling? Patriotism you say? How in the hell do you constitute patriotism with it fine for someone to sit down for the national anthem? Explain that ignorance. Beautiful country? When the country is in the Top 3 in the world on only 3 things? Incarceration, religious belief and military spending. When the country stops listening to its government, things might change. Til then? Doom....

Old 10-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #40
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
We, as a country, have always undergone good and bad times. To those who say our country is now as bad as its ever been are not familiar with history. We've been through worse and will continue to persevere. Do you remember how torn our country was during Vietnam? The riots? How about the Civil War? I think that qualifies as a pretty crazy time in the U.S. This guy is just another lunatic with a gun. Sadly, he killed more than ever before. Does anyone recall Charles Whitman? Do a little research. Pretty sick as well. Our country marches on.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #41
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I do think that Hotels will begin to install metal detectors and windows and glass that can't open or be broken. But lunatics will find a way, sadly. We can make it harder, but someone with determination can always find a way. I hope they find out what this guy's issue was. Who was he pissed at? I say anyone who has this desire to kill, let's send them over to hunt down ISIS and fire away at will.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #42
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
We, as a country, have always undergone good and bad times. To those who say our country is now as bad as its ever been are not familiar with history. We've been through worse and will continue to persevere. Do you remember how torn our country was during Vietnam? The riots? How about the Civil War? I think that qualifies as a pretty crazy time in the U.S. This guy is just another lunatic with a gun. Sadly, he killed more than ever before. Does anyone recall Charles Whitman? Do a little research. Pretty sick as well. Our country marches on.
Wow. Another person that’s read a book. Or two.