#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-10-2017, 09:49 AM   #71
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I don't find any car to be perfect and obviously knew about the handbrake going in. These are small complaints and I don't regret my purchase as of today.

Have you seen the Whipple? 2.9L, 600 whp

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/01/...ro-zl1-killer/
What do our resident experts on FI think about the Whipple, although I guess its likely too early to conclude much until there are a number of installs out there.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #72
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
The lack of a soft close feature on the center console hinge.

I can't find an automatic car wash that doesn't have wheel guides that will try to gouge my wheels.

First-to-fourth trans lock out (I've heard it is defeatable but haven't researched it much yet, usually just skip 2nd for 3d anyways).
There's a car wash here on long island, and i'm sure elsewhere. That uses this magic carpet sort of deal. You an just stays on this carpet and moves along. Any car with any size wheel will fit. So you get people with lowered cars, big trucks with huge wheels and tires, pretty much any car that doesn't work in a normal wash
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #73
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I would personally never take my car in any sort of automatic car wash. Just too many things that could go wrong. Messed up wheel, micro scratches from brushes, odd stains from recycled water and soaps, etc, etc.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #74
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
For those of you wishing to have auto-dimming for the rearview mirror, there is a solution. I have a 5th gen that also didn't come with the autodim feature for the rearview mirror or the driver's side mirror.

My solution was I purchased an autodimming mirror and had a wiring harness made up by Gen5diy.com to make it plug and play. It's worked like a charm for over 2 years now.

I decided against doing the driver's mirror seeing it's not as much of a nuisance to me.

Congrats to all of you with your 6th gen 1LE's.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:11 AM   #75
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
Quote:
I can't find an automatic car wash that doesn't have wheel guides that will try to gouge my wheels.
What is this "automatic" car wash that you speak of?
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #76
nvrlast07

Drives: 2011 synergy green rs
ahh yes first world problems, for me having a nice stereo is a great feature....in my daily driver. If i had a 1LE i would be more focused on the engine sound.

But all good things to look for across the board when purchasing a 1LE
nvrlast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #77
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I just remembered one of my only complaints about the car. It's been common on other 6th gen cars too, but the recaros don't recline very far. It's totally fine for driving positions, but my wife isn't happy that she can't recline a little further so she can relax and nap on road trips.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #78
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I just remembered one of my only complaints about the car. It's been common on other 6th gen cars too, but the recaros don't recline very far. It's totally fine for driving positions, but my wife isn't happy that she can't recline a little further so she can relax and nap on road trips.
Tell her to sleep across the back seat...
Old 01-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #79
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyouand987.2 View Post
What is this "automatic" car wash that you speak of?
exactly what i was thinking
FlashBang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #80
Baker

Drives: 2010 camaro RS,2017 camaro 1Le
I keep turning TC off with my wrist.... Oops probably driver error as this is my first manual
Old 01-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #81
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
Couple things for me.

1) Needs splash guards. These tires are insane, throwing rocks on even the cleanest of roads. It is on the very urgent to do list.
2) Audio is OK. Sat Radio is awful quality to begin with, I bought spotify premium and bumped the sound quality all the way up and its MUCH better. Good enough for now at least.
3) Lack of auto dimming mirrors, at least the rear view mirror. Cars at a much cheaper price point are equipped.
4) Homelink! Hate having to dig my remote out of the console to get into my gate and then my garage.
5) Wish the grill had a flowtie or no tie. Personal preference, I like the cleaner look.
6)Skip shift, what a piece of shit. Cant wait to get it turned off, having to subconsciously drive around it sucks, especially in a stop light to stop light situation.
7) Shifter is a little to notchy, its starting to loosen up though.

Most of which can be fixed except for 3 and 4. The rest can be addressed with A) more money B) Tune.

Overall I love the cockpit type feeling, the seats are frankly AMAZING, the audio is fine for the average joe and the power is awesome (needs more though)
This is pretty much my list as well, I would add..
1) already on order, these sticky, wide tires throw up a lot of dirt and rocks
2) audio is really tinny, but as someone mentioned, a directly connected phone makes things better; since i just got it, i spend more time listening to the V8 anyway
3) the odd thing is I looked for the GM autodimming mirror part number, and apparently it has been discontinued (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/chevrol...=mirror-inside)
4) no homelink is annoying, but there is a GM replacement to get garage door opener without a sunroof. (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/chevrol...erhead-console)
but in order to isntall it you need a new wiring harness (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/chevrol...e=wire-harness)
5) yes, flowtie please
6) yes, skip shift sucks, but not sure if installing the defeater will introduce an issue somewhere else.
7) not really an issue for me
8) no blind spot monitoring - i've adjusted my mirrors to eliminate blind spots, but I still would like the peace of mind that blind spot monitoring provides.
9) it would have been nice if there was an option to come with high performance all seasons. those of us in non-southern states had to add a wheelset to the purchase price.
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #82
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Tell her to sleep across the back seat...
HAHA! How short do you think my wife is?
Old 09-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #83
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE HPB
Only two major gripes for me:

1) Skip shift thing is annoying as heck. Can't wait to get this sorted out.

2) A minor lag when I press the throttle. I hate this and not sure if I can get rid of it. I understand that this was done for fuel efficiency reason but man, I did NOT buy a 6.2 litre for fuel efficiency. LOL.
Boosted_ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:41 AM   #84
Atlas24601

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
LOTS of nitpicking here. I really do love the car though!

No auto dimming mirrors, no blind spot monitoring/forward collision warning, no heated/ventilated seats, reflections from the interior bits on the dashboard above the steering wheel can make annoying reflections on the windshield, the existence of a second set of catalytic converters to pass Commiefornia smog testing on my not a Commiefornia car annoys me, visibility could be better but isnt as bad as people make it seem, stereo could be better and the Bose upgrade isnt a standalone option (only comes with 2SS package), I like the VVT and direct injection upgrades for the LT1 but despise the cylinder deactivation nonsense, I wish it were built/tuned for 87 octane gas even if it made a few less hp, I wish it came with the longer lasting Michelin PS4S tires, I wish the 1LE packages incorporated some weight loss measures, could use more storage volume/places in the car, trunk volume is good but it opens funny to get stuff in/out, I wish they offered a 3SS package that was like the top tier interiors on the Corvettes so that the Eurotrash haters wouldnt have that argument, I wish the LT1 came with the LT4 forged rotating assembly and higher output fuel injectors, I wish it came with the ZL1 spec drivetrain on the SS 1LE, I wish it came with the ZL1 1LE lightweight 19" wheels and tire sizing, could use more GMPP performance parts/tunes that dont void the warranty, rear seat room is a joke and I had to do a rear seat delete kit just to fit my 75 lb dog more comfortably for him, the electric throttle body isnt as responsive as a wire, the electric parking brake is dumb, and I think thats it.

Edit: no line lock feature for burnouts is dumb, and Im not sure how I forgot skip shift

Last edited by Atlas24601; 09-05-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Atlas24601 is offline   Reply With Quote