Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-30-2016, 05:39 PM   #15
nvrlast07

Drives: 2011 synergy green rs
i have all my cars and trucks installed with 5% tint all the way around, not sure about clear bra, i've never had it installed before, i'd say listen to the ppl on here that have had experience.
nvrlast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #16
Fred25

Drives: 2SS Garnett,black enblems,AR Wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I've contacted two shops regarding paint protection film. Both recommend Llumar over XPel. I was told that neither Llumar or Xpel have a kit available yet for the '17 ZL1. Both shops said they would call me as soon as one was available.

SunTek ppf also comes highly recommended. There's one installer in the area. I'm planning to check with them on the availability of a '17 ZL1 kit.
I put full frontal film on all my cars and have done so for over 10 years. I have used 2 of 3 of the suppliers you mentioned. Bottom line installers recomend what is easiest to install, NOT PROTECT, your car. Suppliers are now focusing on glossiness and not protection. Since 3m developed most of this technology new suppliers have focus purely on ease of install and reduced yellowing. None of the films provide the protection of 3m. I have 1 car with expel, one car with sunteck, and the 3rd with some new stuff out of South Korea. All have already got rock chips since install. Totally disappointed. Used to take 7 hrs to install the film now 2hrs max. If you want protection get 3m. If you park outside all the films will yellow and need replacement in 5 years. Beaware.

Last edited by Fred25; 12-01-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Fred25 is offline   Reply With Quote