Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 12-13-2015, 09:59 PM   #15
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
I tried to turn mine off and it does the same thing as yours. It would still blow hot or cold. I tried the comment that said to hit the recirculation button and it seemed to slow down the flow but I think I still felt some air. I'll have to mess with it some more on my way home from work to know for sure.
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #16
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Awesome. Really appreciate the real world experience confirming what SSport said. Let me know how it goes and what you end up setting with. I'm gonna be messing with it for a while till I figure out some sort of good rhythm to the madness hah
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #17
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
The whole things just a major joke to me, I guess it's obviously working or they wouldn't keep making them with it. Sure with time I'll get used to it..still want to make sure others experience this as well but really appreciate it I was so bummed out the other day thinking I had a problem already, we'll see. If I put my hands on or in the vent I'll feel the air still coming out from recirculating the interior air but guess I'll have to make do. That's a decent loaner though!
I have only ever owned GM cars, many of them, all were very similiar, so not sure how other makes function...I will tell you this though, GM climate control systems are some of the best working ones out there, it is very well known as well if you do some research on it. I will let you know if that is mine operatesmp, which I am betting it will. I should have my car later this week.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:07 PM   #18
NY Andrew

Well that's very good to know! All I know from the past really is that Ford had supoodely the best cooling system in theirs, can't wait to see in the summer. And alright sounds good I'll be curious, thank you and still can't believe I got my car before you!! It's not right. Seems like some are going over the edge now..cant really blame them. Looking forward to your pics!
Old 12-13-2015, 11:00 PM   #19
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
Well that's very good to know! All I know from the past really is that Ford had supoodely the best cooling system in theirs, can't wait to see in the summer. And alright sounds good I'll be curious, thank you and still can't believe I got my car before you!! It's not right. Seems like some are going over the edge now..cant really blame them. Looking forward to your pics!
No problem at all...yeah I can't believe it either, if mine didn't move yesterday I think I would have lost it! The part that gets me the most is the fact that I found out from a few sources that my car was released from QC hold about 2 weeks ago and sat until yesterday in lota and rail yards before it finally shipped out yesterday on a train, while ordes built 7/8 days ago were already delivered a couple days ago! That is just crazy and wrong! So in other words the early builds were literally tossed aside and put to the back of thenline to be shipped...I am not happy about it, but hopefully good news towards the end of the week for me.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #20
LilAndyG23

Drives: 1989 Chevrolet C1500
My 07 Silverado did this. My wife's 13 Cruze does it too. Nothing to fret or gripe over, be happy u own a Chevrolet!!!!
LilAndyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:52 AM   #21
kkriskal

Drives: 2018 2SS Triple Black Performance
NY Andrew, I had a 2016 1SS, traded it in and now got the 2018 2SS. Both of them did the exact same thing that you describe.

Here's why, this is because it is set in Auto mode. What you need to in order to completely shut off air flow is take it out of Auto mode. Just select the air flow mode to the vents on the dash (the one that blows air on our face etc.) and then close the circulation vent so it is Not pulling any air from outside.

If you leave it in Auto and just turn it off and close the recirculation vent, it still will continue to heat or cool the car based on what you have set the temp at. Even though you are turning off the climate control, it just slows down the air flow but for some reason still keeps the Auto Mode on. I don't like it either but that is how it works.

And when you want the Heat/Cool, just press Auto once and it will kick in to what you had set earlier. Then when you want it shut off, just press the off, then one of the air flow mode and the recirculation set to close. Yes, absolutely annoying at times but this shuts it off.

I hope it helps.

Last edited by kkriskal; 01-18-2018 at 11:18 AM.
kkriskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:47 PM   #22
NY Andrew

Yea I had a feeling and agree with you. Thanks man. I understand the logic behind it but once every vehicle I’ve been in with this “feature” it sucks. Oh well.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #23
c120cut

Drives: 17 1ss vert garnet red
The reason why it,s pulling air from the outside so you always have fresh air to breath.
That is so you don't get carbon monoxide poising.
c120cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #24
NY Andrew

I know that, but how many of the older generations didn’t have this option and aren’t dropping like flys? There is ALWAYS some air coming in to the vehicle it’s not fully sealed. If anything that’s what GM is doing to cover there ass from any possibly lawsuit over something stupid like that.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #25
T Rex

Drives: '17 Hyper Blue RS, NPP, 6MT
My parents' older civic with manual climate controls does this as well; a little air will come in as the car moves. As far as I've ever known, that's been normal.
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #26
JRS

Drives: 16 camaro M6/ 18 ZL1 camaro A10
If you check in the vehicle settings on the touch screen there is a setting for the fan speed to run when the a/c and heat are off I'm pretty sure. I think there are three settings, low, med and high. I will double check and see what screen it is in.
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:38 PM   #27
NY Andrew

That’s an interesting part about the fan speed. Prob have mine on high but figured that was for when you have climate control on...

And we’ll I've had early 2000 Nissan, 2012 focus, and 2015 mustang and don’t recall any of those doin this seems to be for sure GM vehicles. But I’m sure it’s all over now. It is what it is unfortunately hah I ain’t complaining anymore I’ve gotten used to it.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:56 PM   #28
JRS

Drives: 16 camaro M6/ 18 ZL1 camaro A10
I checked and there is settings for the auto fan speed. If you go to settings, then go to climate controls and then auto fan speed it gives you three options. The vents do always bring fresh air in (in low it's usually on the lowest setting which isn't much air but still some) and you can always heat the air but in the summer it will not cool the air until you turn the a/c on. I help this helps because a lot of people might know about the auto settings.
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote