Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
Gbomb

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS. Pray IM/TB
Remove Vent box?

Has anyone removed the vent breather box with the male quick connections on top? It’s where the three breather hoses attach. I snapped one of the fittings and I’m not sure how hard it is to replace the whole box?
Gbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Vent box? Where is said box located? I'm gonna guess possibly the one on the passenger side of the engine, triangular shaped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
Gbomb

Where the valve cover vent hose leads too. It hugs the water pump, has 3 male quick connect fittings on it.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
That's the PCV air/oil separator. From the looks of it, its 3-4 bolts that hold it on. I think they either bolt to that water manifold or are what hold that water manifold on as well. Three hoses on top and one on the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:16 PM   #5
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
That's the PCV air/oil separator. From the looks of it, its 3-4 bolts that hold it on. I think they either bolt to that water manifold or are what hold that water manifold on as well. Three hoses on top and one on the bottom.
It bolts to the water manifold. One of them I'm not sure you can get without pulling the water manifold off. I may be wrong tho. And the part is a dealer only item.

Pn/12672470

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
Gbomb

I was hoping I didn’t need to pull the water pump. Undo the 3 bolts I can see a wiggle it out. Wanted to see if anyone has tackled this before
Old 01-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbomb View Post
I was hoping I didn’t need to pull the water pump. Undo the 3 bolts I can see a wiggle it out. Wanted to see if anyone has tackled this before
Can you you plastic weld it?
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #8
Dubchitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbomb View Post
It might be possible. I did mine with the coolant manifold off during my cam swap. The one looked like it would be in a tough if I remember right

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Old 01-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #9
Gbomb

I’ve glued it back together with JB weld plastic glue but don’t trust it. I’m sure when the heat gets to it, she will fall apart.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:38 PM   #10
Gbomb

AFe sells the quick connect fitting for one of there intake kits. All tap that fitting in and hope the $10.00 route works.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:25 PM   #11
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
hey I know this is 3 years late but I am having this same issue and just wanted to know what codes were popping up for you when you were dealing with this. for me I have these 3 codes below that pop up and I wanted to know If any of these relate to it?
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2020, 09:58 PM   #12
Dubchitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post
hey I know this is 3 years late but I am having this same issue and just wanted to know what codes were popping up for you when you were dealing with this. for me I have these 3 codes below that pop up and I wanted to know If any of these relate to it?
I don't think those are related. But I could be wrong. the middle nipple let's the valve covers essentially vent through your intake tube. Even if you break one off it will still vent atmospherically, you'd just get oily vapor in your engine bay if the valve cover hoses aren't connected, but I doubt it would be much. Mine has a breather filter on the middle one. Based on that I don't think that's the cause of your oil pressure code, just because it's still venting crank pressure

The 2 Evap ones, I would check the purge valve. Left of snout on intake.

I can't say for sure because I was in the middle of a cam swap and it was replaced before it started

Old 07-09-2020, 10:08 PM   #13
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
Yea my right nipple broke not the other two I did however glue it back on and it seems fine. Were you talking about that piece I highlighted in red? I already replaced it and it’s still throwing the codes. The car does drive totally fine. But if I start it up and don’t let it warm up for 7-8 it’ll go into limp mode therefore I have to let it idle and warm up for 7-8 mins for it drive normal. Idk if that relates to it. Do you think it could do anything with the tune? My car is running pretty lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2020, 10:17 PM   #14
Dubchitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post
Yea my right nipple broke not the other two I did however glue it back on and it seems fine. Were you talking about that piece I highlighted in red? I already replaced it and it’s still throwing the codes. The car does drive totally fine. But if I start it up and don’t let it warm up for 7-8 it’ll go into limp mode therefore I have to let it idle and warm up for 7-8 mins for it drive normal. Idk if that relates to it. Do you think it could do anything with the tune? My car is running pretty lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that's the part. But I'm not sure. Maybe the hose isn't seated fully in the back by the firewall? Not sure if it was just replaced.

It could also be a tune thing. Who did it and what tells you it's running lean?