Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 08-24-2023, 10:07 AM   #71
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
The strike has been authorized by 96% of the workers at UAW 652 in Lansing. This likely means a strike will be called on Sept. 14. Who knows what this means for production and shipping of Camaros for the next three weeks…
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:12 AM   #72
CamaroMando

Drives: GT 350R
oh no, they will never make Camaros again.
CamaroMando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 04:38 PM   #73
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
The strike has been authorized by 96% of the workers at UAW 652 in Lansing. This likely means a strike will be called on Sept. 14. Who knows what this means for production and shipping of Camaros for the next three weeks…
That’s amazing, well now we know 24s will be even more rare.
Old 08-24-2023, 09:15 PM   #74
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
I don't think we can assume anything. If the UAW sends every UAW member on strike at all three automakers, their strike fund will be empty in about three months. Back in the day, they used to send the Delphi plant that made all the brake pads on strike, and that would shut down all the GM plants. I could see them being strategic by sending all the truck plants out or something since there is no one plant that can shut down all of them. And if they do target one automaker, I think Chrysler is first on the list based on the rhetoric in the press.

Whatever happens, hopefully everyone gets their Camaro!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:27 PM   #75
Tbone98

Drives: 2023 Sierra AT4, 2024 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I think some clarification is needed here. I know you used “likely” but:
1. Lansing is just one plant voting to strike. All other facilities need to be accounted for too. Lansing will not strike if others do not. Now this is a fair representation of the views of the workers, but not a certainty
2. It means if they cannot agree on a new contract by 9/14, and the majority of all locations vote to strike, then they will strike.
3. As for the next 3 weeks, it means business as usual or else they would be in breach of contract. They have to work, as normal, until the clock strikes 12

For clarity, I’m not trying to piss all over your comment but for those on here that don’t know much about this, I thought further info would add context to your post
Tbone98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 12:21 PM   #76
Darth2SS1le

Drives: '20 2SS 1le
Too many shenanigans with GM. I cancelled my order and will keep my current car.
Darth2SS1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 01:33 PM   #77
Tbone98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth2SS1le View Post
Too many shenanigans with GM. I cancelled my order and will keep my current car.
Buy the red one from Gearhead
Old 08-28-2023, 05:01 PM   #78
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
On 9/15 the UAW will walk out on all three. The union has said talks have broken down and just like every other strike in the past all the suppliers and sub suppliers will be shut down within weeks. I am not sure who will blink first and hopefully they can come to some agreement that suites both sides without inflicting too much pain on the membership and the suppliers employees. My 2SS1LE is being built next week so I expect it to sit for months and it could be December or January before it is shipped. It is time the membership gets back what they gave up in the last contract and during the bankruptcy so will sit and wait and know that some day I will be back in a Camaro. I just wish I had the foresight not to sell my 2016 before I got my new one.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 06:06 PM   #79
XXX ZL1

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
On 9/15 the UAW will walk out on all three. The union has said talks have broken down and just like every other strike in the past all the suppliers and sub suppliers will be shut down within weeks. I am not sure who will blink first and hopefully they can come to some agreement that suites both sides without inflicting too much pain on the membership and the suppliers employees. My 2SS1LE is being built next week so I expect it to sit for months and it could be December or January before it is shipped. It is time the membership gets back what they gave up in the last contract and during the bankruptcy so will sit and wait and know that some day I will be back in a Camaro. I just wish I had the foresight not to sell my 2016 before I got my new one.
Mine is 9-11 build, so pretty sure mine if it even gets built will get hung up forever like yours. Thank goodness I have my 23 just in case.
High PSI Billet Valve Covers, Mighty Mouse Wild CC

Signature Forged 20x10.5/20x11.5, 295/30-315/30,
BMR springs, BMR Cradle lockout, AAD Billet
Control/Trailing arms

2023 Vivid Orange ZL1 M6 - sold
2019 Riverside Blue ZL1 A10 - sold
XXX ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 06:18 PM   #80
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
The new UAW president has been extremely vocal about the “need” for a strike, and UAW locals across the country rewarded his enthusiasm by authorizing the UAW to call a strike. None of the Big Three will be exempt - all have incurred his wrath in one way or another, so no matter what transpires in negotiations during the next couple of weeks, there will be a work stoppage. Although it’s always a possibility, the atmosphere and optics surrounding the whole situation are just too volatile for the UAW to allow its members to continue working during negotiations after the strike date.

My sympathies to all who may be adversely affected by this situation.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 08:33 PM   #81
Tbone98

Quote:
The new UAW president has been extremely vocal about the “need” for a strike, and UAW locals across the country rewarded his enthusiasm by authorizing the UAW to call a strike. None of the Big Three will be exempt - all have incurred his wrath in one way or another, so no matter what transpires in negotiations during the next couple of weeks, there will be a work stoppage. Although it’s always a possibility, the atmosphere and optics surrounding the whole situation are just too volatile for the UAW to allow its members to continue working during negotiations after the strike date.

My sympathies to all who may be adversely affected by this situation.
Like the whole state of Michigan.
Honest question, who do you think is affected more when all three strike? The OEMs from lack of sales, or the union members when their strike funding/budget starts to run low?
I think the OEMs have more staying power in the long run. Once strike funds run low, members tend to be less ambitious and wanting to go back to work to support their families.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:52 AM   #82
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
My salesman seems to be very optimistic that mine will be delivered in the next two weeks, it's been at 4300 since 8/14, waiting on transport.
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:04 PM   #83
Mrhorton

Drives: 15 cruze, 22 Silverado 3500, 23 mal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone98 View Post
Like the whole state of Michigan.
Honest question, who do you think is affected more when all three strike? The OEMs from lack of sales, or the union members when their strike funding/budget starts to run low?
I think the OEMs have more staying power in the long run. Once strike funds run low, members tend to be less ambitious and wanting to go back to work to support their families.
Every person's situation is different. I've got a 24 camaro 2ss on order that has a build week of Sept 18th. I work at GM myself. When the car comes in I can either write a check for the car or write a check for the dealership. With the unemployment rate at like 3.5%, there's jobs everywhere. I believe this time they will let the members work a second job and get strike fund of $500 a week. I'm in trades and when we went on strike last time I had a new job within 8 hours and never even took a strike check. We had some trades last strike that didn't come back. Lots of production workers are temps that have no loyalty to the union or company and have no reason to stay. Amazon is hiring down the street with higher wages and benefits. The company isn't in a great place to strong arm the workers. Our machinery is designed to run 24/7. When we have a weekend off, we run like shit for a week. Last strike it took months to get our production numbers back to where they were supposed to be between the morale of the workers and break downs and people forgetting how to do their job.
Mrhorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:31 PM   #84
Tbone98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhorton View Post
Every person's situation is different. I've got a 24 camaro 2ss on order that has a build week of Sept 18th. I work at GM myself. When the car comes in I can either write a check for the car or write a check for the dealership. With the unemployment rate at like 3.5%, there's jobs everywhere. I believe this time they will let the members work a second job and get strike fund of $500 a week. I'm in trades and when we went on strike last time I had a new job within 8 hours and never even took a strike check. We had some trades last strike that didn't come back. Lots of production workers are temps that have no loyalty to the union or company and have no reason to stay. Amazon is hiring down the street with higher wages and benefits. The company isn't in a great place to strong arm the workers. Our machinery is designed to run 24/7. When we have a weekend off, we run like shit for a week. Last strike it took months to get our production numbers back to where they were supposed to be between the morale of the workers and break downs and people forgetting how to do their job.
Great insight. You, and others motivated like you will surely be fine. Though there are a lot not as motivated. Like you said, everyone's situation is different.

Last edited by Tbone98; 08-29-2023 at 03:26 PM.