Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #85
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Just sayin', this is the kind of BS you get when you don't let designers do whatever they want and allow engineering to dictate design. Plus the beancounters.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #86
SSpartan117

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
I see a lot of the Stingray in the side profile... That's a good thing...
SSpartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #87
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
It's interesting to note that as of this morning, the design blog these images originated from has been taken down.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #88
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Just sayin', this is the kind of BS you get when you don't let designers do whatever they want and allow engineering to dictate design. Plus the beancounters.

I remember reading somewhere about the design of the Camaro originally, the designers presented the designs to management and then management told the engineers this is what it will look like, it's up to you make it work.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #89
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Puked in my mouth.

Not taking it too seriously, it's highly unlikely this will come to fruition. But the latest Bumblebee has a me a bit worried.....

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #90
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
If people read what I posted I never said let the engineers design it. I specifically said the DESIGNERS should start with realistic wheel sizes and cabins and go from there. The challenge for a designer is to create exciting designs without resorting to visual-trick elements that can't be produced like 30 inch wheels and cabins with windows 11 inches high. Exaggerated dimensions are the comic book effect; it gets attention which is why it appeals to many but my point and contention is to challenge designers to start with only 2 basic elements; realistic wheels and cabin dimensions, then apply all the creativity they can muster to create an exciting vehicle.

I believe it can be done and although I'm not an automotive designer per se, I'm finding myself going down that path anyways just as a side-interest. Once you begin to actually design a vehicle and start working with realistic dimensions, you learn in a hurry how difficult it actually is. As a result of my own adventures I've gained a tremendous amount of respect for what an automotive design team has to go through to create something that can actually be produced.

This isn't to say wild over-the-top concept designs shouldn't be made; they're popular and will continue to be because they look dramatic. That's fine. I'd just like to also see concept vehicles that could actually make it to production without having to be watered down so the excitement of the design doesn't get watered down as well.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #91
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
It's interesting to note that as of this morning, the design blog these images originated from has been taken down.
Hmmmmm. They're up to something.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #92
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Sounds familiar, remember when the 2014 order sheets came out on the Internet early and had the LS7 listed, they were pulled quickly too.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #93
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
If people read what I posted I never said let the engineers design it. I specifically said the DESIGNERS should start with realistic wheel sizes and cabins and go from there. The challenge for a designer is to create exciting designs without resorting to visual-trick elements that can't be produced like 30 inch wheels and cabins with windows 11 inches high. Exaggerated dimensions are the comic book effect; it gets attention which is why it appeals to many but my point and contention is to challenge designers to start with only 2 basic elements; realistic wheels and cabin dimensions, then apply all the creativity they can muster to create an exciting vehicle.

I believe it can be done and although I'm not an automotive designer per se, I'm finding myself going down that path anyways just as a side-interest. Once you begin to actually design a vehicle and start working with realistic dimensions, you learn in a hurry how difficult it actually is. As a result of my own adventures I've gained a tremendous amount of respect for what an automotive design team has to go through to create something that can actually be produced.

This isn't to say wild over-the-top concept designs shouldn't be made; they're popular and will continue to be because they look dramatic. That's fine. I'd just like to also see concept vehicles that could actually make it to production without having to be watered down so the excitement of the design doesn't get watered down as well.
The crazy drawings are the first step. They can't really have a production ready concept because they don't want to show anything that's too close to the final product. I'm sure you already know but they use these designs to gauge interest. If they have a really great looking drawing that can actually be produced they will make it, not show it.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #94
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Sounds familiar, remember when the 2014 order sheets came out on the Internet early and had the LS7 listed, they were pulled quickly too.
Good point.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #95
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
There's also the possibility that somebody else owns the rights to the images/design and/or the designer is now employed with a company that doesn't allow publishing of things like this as part of his employment agreement or something along those lines. I wouldn't take this blog being pulled down as evidence of the next gen Camaro.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #96
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:

As a designer I can say I always start out with rough ideas in sketches in this format until I get a good concept to start with then I slowly progress to something that works. It is a good exercise to keep them thinking outside the box sometimes. The next step to these exercises if they took them further would be a more realistic version.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #97
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
There's also the possibility that somebody else owns the rights to the images/design and/or the designer is now employed with a company that doesn't allow publishing of things like this as part of his employment agreement or something along those lines. I wouldn't take this blog being pulled down as evidence of the next gen Camaro.
Agree
Old 12-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #98
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan's camaro View Post
The styling is too busy IMO. The '10-'13 styling still captures the modern and retro look the best.
n
it is Funny you say this.... I was looking at a 13' because I HATED the 14' bod change it was toooo sedan for me, lost a lot of the sports Camaro look and feel (Drove one for a week in upstate ew York on a business trip. the care was fun but strongly disliked the body changes. Funny thing I ended up with a 14' anyway.

the 16' would bee a fun 2nd car to play with :thumbs:

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro forum, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, new camaro