Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #71
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I think they are cool renderings. I like them...the 1st photo top right angle looks sweet and the side view from the 2nd rendering looks awesome. But I'm not sure they have enough "Camaro" heritage in the design for my liking, but then again some people would rather run away from that altogether and go with something completely revolutionary. I will say I can see the "hips" there and some other throw backs which is nice so I guess I can't say I don't see any Camaro heritage in that...there is some.

I definitely would hope for a very modern if not forward looking looking car, but with the heritage cues thrown in. I guess thats why I love the 5th gen so much. When it was released it has those modern sharp lines, and it was bold like nothing else, but also had the Camaro DNA in it. Chevy brought us the concept as closely as they could, and that is the way to do it right!

I think your experience with creating your own design gives you a different perspective than others. You look at this and see the inpracticalities and what couldn't possibly make production. Thats fine, but thats not really very fun either. The whole point is to take something that looks wild and over the top, and then see what can be done with it. I'd rather start with something over the top, rather than boring and try to make it look more exciting.

How did the 2006 concept Camaro make you feel? I'm sure you've seen the first sketches for it right? (wild and over the top with the huge wheels) and then they brought it to clay form, and eventually to a rolling model on a GTO chassis. How did you feel about it then? This is the process I'm talking about.

As for the shot below...with some tweaking to the roofline, and some other small changes like wheel gap and what not, I could 100% see this coming out in concept form. From there, if the public LOVES it, GM could make something really road worthy. I'm not saying I really want that to happen with this particular rendering. Just making a point.

I get what you're saying but my point is there's absolutely no reason why realistic concepts can't be drawn and be exciting; just takes more effort by the artist rather than rely on huge wheels, sharp slashy shapes, almost non-existant cabins which is so typical of trendy concept drawings. It doesn't matter what company they're being drawn for, they all tend to look alike. Since they already KNOW that look can't be produced, why not work harder and draw something that CAN be produced? The 5th gen concept car (not the drawings) was fantastic and I actually wish they'd been able to produce that exact car. They did pretty good though and got very close which is a credit to the team.

That concept car I created can be produced almost exactly as-is; just needs the appropriate manufacturing body seams and lines etc. If an artist can create a producible concept car that people really like, why not start there in the first place? Start with realistic wheel sizes and cabins people can actually get into and see out of, then go from there. You're not going to sketch something like that in 30 minutes which is probably why you don't see those kinds of concept drawings; you see these other quick-sketch styles instead. Speaking for myself I would get a lot more excited seeing concept cars that I knew I might actually be able to buy and drive because the designs are already within 95% of being production capable.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #72
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Wow If the 6th gen looks like that COUNT ME IN , What a thing of beauty . Still looks like a Camaro but more aggressive than other drawing I have seen .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #73
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Sadly it won't ever happen. I don't see why they can't just stick to the rendering and make it. But I'd say if they do it will more than most can afford.

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #74
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z928 View Post
This is the small 1:3 scale model according to the intern: I must say WOW.
Hopefully GM will incorporate some of these lines in the 6th gen Camaro! I would consider trading up.
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #75
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I would say a less exaggerated version could resemble the 6th Gen. I wouldn't expect it to be exactly like it.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #76
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I think these look awesome but they will never make production so its just more teasing ourselves until the real deal makes it here in a year

On a side note, still better than the 2014 redesign.

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #77
OperativeXIV

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LT/RS
I like cues from it - the sum of the whole thing is a *bit* over the top though, but when they toned it down to a production car I think I'd like it enough to get one of those instead of a 5th gen when I upgrade to a V8.

I've been trying to think of what they could do to make a 6th gen that would stand in its own right and I have to say this is actually pretty close to what I was visualizing. I think they did an incredible job with retro styling on the 5th gen, and I can't really picture in my mind a newer, better way to go retro - and any attempt to do so would look like they are just beating a dead ...er.... mustang.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #78
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Now we are talking
Clean it up and get it production ready
Old 12-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #79
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
I'm trying to like this rendering but too many mangled lines.
nissan kia lookalike
Old 12-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #80
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Comic book toy cars with ridiculously over-size wheels and under-size cabin. I don't know why people think this kind of look is "futuristic" as it's so impractical in any real sense. I would rather see realistic possibilities instead of over-the-top dramatic stuff.
Undersized cabin ?

Keep in mind that the next Gen will be a GOOGLE car , no driver needed ,so one can just stay home and send the car somewhere , alone ,
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #81
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
And with the extra time at home you can order aftermarket car parts from amazom who will drop them on your doorstep with a drone somyou can install your new parts when your car gets back.

Yes, these conceots are very extreme but a toned down realistic version will be very cool. I like this direction of modern, agressiveness as opposed to a boring, bland design.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #82
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
Nice design by the student/intern/creator. Not a future Camaro imo. Its going to be REALLY interesting to see what the next Camaro will look like. Will it be a complete departure from Gen 5 looks wise? I doubt it. GM is more inclined to play it safe and try not to mess with the template too much. I would just look at the design language from the C7 Vette as hints.
swizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #83
Misfit1

Drives: 2012 White/Inferno 2SS
I like the concept....now with that said, would i buy it the way it sits??? NO, ITS A RENDERING!!!

What i see here is the idea of what a future car could in some ways pull styling cues from. Could I see this as a Camaro? sure, but like many have said it would of course need a bit more refining. As a concept its radical and aggressive. The idea of styling cues from a fighter jet is good!! It means this designer is pulling ideas from elsewhere other than just cars..AS A GOOD DESIGNER SHOULD!!!

If they made something like this with similar styling cues as a Camaro or any other bowtie car, i could see it being a hit. The side view is definatley a stunner, the rear..close just a bit more tweeking, roofline? duh its a concept so that would totally change in production, the front...meh, cool but missing something....although looks kinda like a ninja.

....OH and lest we forget the wheels....
Quote:
Comic book toy cars with ridiculously over-size wheels
in the RENDER (imaginative idea) they are HUGE...lol, but in the model...they look right on the car.
Or maybe they could be the new hot wheels edition!

I could see this as the future to the new Camaro more so than a lot of the other renders and ideas out there...no matter how practical or impractical they are.
Misfit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #84
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Comic book toy cars with ridiculously over-size wheels and under-size cabin. I don't know why people think this kind of look is "futuristic" as it's so impractical in any real sense. I would rather see realistic possibilities instead of over-the-top dramatic stuff.
Designers are not engineers, case and point. Designers are concerned with "what looks good", us engineers have to take that and make it practical.

These are designs, probably not even close to FINAL so I would hold judgement till the end. You don't invent new ideas, styles, etc... with always staying in "what's possible".
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro forum, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, new camaro