Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #141
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Good point Twisty!

And Skippy, not only would you be the first on your block to buy one, but you'd also be the first to trade it in on another one! If I remember correctly, you're on something like your third 5th gen, right?

I could be wrong, but there is something about this batch that strikes me as different from all previous offerings. Especially the models. Up to now we have seen nothing but sketches, photoshopped pics, and computer generated renderings. Anybody could have produced those. But given the expense and difficulty of producing models like these, we can only speculate on what resources might be sponsoring them.
Let's face it, when it comes to stuff like this, there are no "accidents". The deadline for finalizing, and presenting a design for the 6th gen, is fast approaching. These renderings have the look and feel, that for the first time, we are getting a viable peek at where GM is heading. And why not? Who better to give a glimpse to, than us. We are after all, a captive focus group; whether we realize it or not. And make no mistake, they are listening.

So heed my advice: Pro or con; be constructive in your comments. Not everybody liked the 5th gen. Not everybody will like the 6th gen; no matter what the design. That's just the way it is when you're playing to an opinionated audience this big.
I desperately want Chevrolet to succeed. I'm rooting for them to get it right, like I feel they did with the 5th gen. I believe they will do it again.
I guess I'm optimistic that way.
So on the off chance that GM is here looking for input: As a fan of this car, give thoughtful advice; not mindless criticism.

After all, we're all going to have to live with the end result. Might as well do what we can to make it a good one!
Good comment!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #142
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Ok that looks awful. Please no.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #143
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
Anyone know if the new CEO committed to the Gen6 program and with any details on what kind of product it should be? This rendering looks great, but I am wondering if the "vision" has been reset and the role for GM Performance either assured or clouded.
Akerson isn't stepping down until mid January, so the new CEO can't really do much until then.

On the other hand, the 6th gen has been under way for a while now. I wouldn't be surprised if its 2/3 of the way through its development at this point. Doing any sort of fundamental change from wherever its heading now (or in the near future) would be throwing away an awful lot of time & money.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #144
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
i actually really like this. it improves on the 5th gen's exotic look.
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #145
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Lmfao... Please child I actually hope the 6thgen does look like this. So everyone can buy it and trade in their 5thgen.
So how old are you again?
Old 12-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #146
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Want to see what the convertible is going to look like.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #147
fradaj

Drives: RS
The designs are very interesting. I could see a very wicked looking Camaro coming out of these. Hope they don't forget how successful the current car is and make it too ricer looking.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #148
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
My guess is that it going to look exactly close to the current model out but it will be smaller and lighter with the interior dashboard being made more modern.
SuperCarEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #149
Misfit1

Drives: 2012 White/Inferno 2SS
how old is this??

Depending on how long ago this model was made....could have been the first step. not sure if this vid has already been posted, but amazingly has the same deign elements....strange??? you be the judge...though either one is aces in my book.

Misfit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #150
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
sign me up !!! I like this a lot more then the new stingray
Old 12-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #151
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit1 View Post
Depending on how long ago this model was made....could have been the first step. not sure if this vid has already been posted, but amazingly has the same deign elements....strange??? you be the judge...though either one is aces in my book.

Opel Monza Concept.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #152
Misfit1

Drives: 2012 White/Inferno 2SS
ahhhh...i was so duped!!! though it did look good as a Z28
Misfit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #153
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamX7X View Post
I think the defuse could make it into production, it doesn't seem that far fetched. It does seem like Chevy took some elements from the impala and stingray which is not a bad idea. I would like to see hidden side mirrors on the Camaro, maybe something motorized. A manual setup for the mirrors would be just as good, the ability to hid them in the body panels would be great. A locking mechanism inside the car can lock or unlock the mirrors for when the owner wishes to store or extract them. The hood seems to have three vents. I don't know if this middle is dedicated to ram air but from what I can see, it seems to be for down force. Looks like the air enters in from the middle and transfers the down force closer to the edge of the body, near the two front tires. Wonder if this could provide more stability during high speeds. An idea I was thinking about is the ability to have easily removable parts for the body of the car. Have a base for the wing but at the base create a connecting bracket something of course reinforced that allows drivers to switch from stock OEM wing to a racing wing in seconds. The Edge panel towards the front fascia could be removable to add a custom splitter in the front, on track days. Also some quick connecting side skirts would be outstanding. A rail system I would call it, giving the ability to unlock a part off the car and exchange it with another part, tool less design. 3rd party companies can still make diffusers and other parts for the car the only commonality they have to share is the ability to connect to the rail system of the car (connection mechanism). Race mode, show mode or even snow mode lol. I think Chevy has a solid foundation to work with based on the design of this concept.
I not even noticed there were no side mirrors,maybe G.M. is planning side object sensors and a camera for backing up that displays in the rad/nav.screen,?i know probably not the case here but would be a neat option,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #154
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
I not even noticed there were no side mirrors,maybe G.M. is planning side object sensors and a camera for backing up that displays in the rad/nav.screen,?i know probably not the case here but would be a neat option,
Most concepts seem to have either no side mirrors or slick looking but useless ones. Most also seem to have shaved door handles that never makes production either.

Plan on there being side mirrors. No way they are going to have body conformed, fold out mirrors. Its addes weight and cost that we don't need and I'd bet most people could probably care less about. Sure its cool, but I don't want it.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro forum, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, new camaro