#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-19-2024, 08:10 PM   #15
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm realizing that i'm not really sure what is the best way to sell this car now. The last few cars I've either traded in or sold to a friend/family member. What do people use nowadays to move cars like these?
The usual sites, Autotrader.com and Cars.com are the biggest two, but there are others as well. Bring a Trailer sometimes fetches decent money. There's several Facebook groups, and then there's always Mecum auctions.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 12:56 AM   #16
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
The usual sites, Autotrader.com and Cars.com are the biggest two, but there are others as well. Bring a Trailer sometimes fetches decent money. There's several Facebook groups, and then there's always Mecum auctions.
Pleasantly surprised to hear that cars and autotrader are still around. I was worried that I may be limited to facebook groups or marketplace
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 07:00 AM   #17
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm realizing that i'm not really sure what is the best way to sell this car now. The last few cars I've either traded in or sold to a friend/family member. What do people use nowadays to move cars like these?
Not live in California?? Sorry I had too, glws.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:26 PM   #18
JBones81

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Not live in California?? Sorry I had too, glws.
IDK if you've been out this way, but there is A LOT of money around here. Go spend an afternoon in downtown Walnut Creek. It's like an exotic car show. Maybe more money than brains, but salaries are so high out here now - how do you think I have 3 expensive cars
Instagram - @JBsCars
Old 03-20-2024, 07:35 PM   #19
clg82

Quote:
IDK if you've been out this way, but there is A LOT of money around here. Go spend an afternoon in downtown Walnut Creek. It's like an exotic car show. Maybe more money than brains, but salaries are so high out here now - how do you think I have 3 expensive cars
I know salaries are huge! Last time I was there for work, I paid nearly $40.00 to have a lunch……at McDonalds because you knuckleheads voted to up minimum wage to $20.00!!!!!! Keep upping that minimum wage, the bubble will pop soon.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:39 PM   #20
JBones81

Quote:
I know salaries are huge! Last time I was there for work, I paid nearly $40.00 to have a lunch……at McDonalds because you knuckleheads voted to up minimum wage to $20.00!!!!!! Keep upping that minimum wage, the bubble will pop soon.
Just remember, perception is reality. I guarantee if you stop the intake of uber conservative media, your life will improve dramatically. It works on both sides of the political spectrum. Take care,
Instagram - @JBsCars
Old 03-20-2024, 09:26 PM   #21
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
I just built a 42 x80 garage with 16.5ft ceilings so I could store more. no way would i give up my car now that they don't make them any more especially a manual car.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 10:38 PM   #22
JBones81

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
I just built a 42 x80 garage with 16.5ft ceilings so I could store more. no way would i give up my car now that they don't make them any more especially a manual car.
If I had any room to do it, I would. Tight 2 car garage, no room to expand it, or park on the side of the house. We have a great house with a crappy parking situation
Instagram - @JBsCars
Old 03-20-2024, 10:51 PM   #23
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
lol, your first mistake was eating McDonald’s.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 06:50 AM   #24
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
lol, your first mistake was eating McDonald’s.
*chipotle *panera bread *in n out....take your pick.....You So-Cal guys keep your blue glasses on......don't leave your neighborhood.....and pretend you aren't stepping over the homeless......and you'll be just fine
Old 03-21-2024, 08:37 AM   #25
Drnick

Drives: 22’ ZL1
U still trying to sell your car? Be careful if you sell it privately,as I see
U reside in California,although, nowadays it really makes no difference
Other then the fact in some states (California) you have a higher
Incident of getting in trouble selling high end things to the general public.
If you really want top dollar, check out auction sites, you’ll have no problem
Getting $$$ especially that car!
Drnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:30 AM   #26
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drnick View Post
U still trying to sell your car? Be careful if you sell it privately,as I see
U reside in California,although, nowadays it really makes no difference
Other then the fact in some states (California) you have a higher
Incident of getting in trouble selling high end things to the general public.
If you really want top dollar, check out auction sites, you’ll have no problem
Getting $$$ especially that car!
What are you saying? Maybe I’m naive but I have no idea what you’re talking about……
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 05:28 AM   #27
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Having just spent a while trying to sell my 911S privately / trade in, and you probably already know this but I'll repeat it:

Lowest headaches, lower money, and fastest, sell it to a dealer.
Highest headaches, more money, and slowest, sell it privately.

I listed my car, which was a CPO mint condition *highly optioned* (over $24k) red (rare-ish) convertible (people either looking for them, or not) on Cars.com, Autotrader.com, and Rennlist Marketplace (the largest and most active Porsche forums for the US market) and it was easily 10:1 the amount of scammers vs real people.

I would take a hard look at BAT, and in a pinch, eBay, but I would put a reserve on it. But beware of fees as they will eat into your profit.

For me, the constant haggling during a trade in is the worst part, I'm a very easy going and reasonable guy, so I get offended when I'm expecting $85k which I came up with after a shitload of research, which allows them to put it up for sale for $95k, take $90k and still turn a decent profit, and they offer $75k. **** that.

I finally found one of the 5 Porsche dealers in the area to offer me $82k, and he showed me all his cards / numbers, what his boss expected is profit margins to be, and I did happily forgo the $3k in difference to have a 100% painless experience where the amount of running around and paperwork and worrying was nil. He even told me my numbers that I was expecting for a private sale were in line with what he was seeing.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 06:30 AM   #28
Drnick

Drives: 22’ ZL1
Ditto on what Curr said, I went through the same BS with my Supra, finally sold it
To a Toyota dealer, that I’ve dealt with before.
Drnick is offline   Reply With Quote