Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
camaroz06

Drives: 2002 V6 Camaro
Anyone know about driveway/garage repair?

Hi All,

Im getting a new car and actually want to keep it in the garage. Only problem is that my current car (2002 Camaro) always scrapes on the way into and out of the garage. The issue is that is seems like the garage has sank a bit since it was built. Heres a a picture:

Its not too visible but the side walk is higher than the entrance to the garage so when going from the street to the garage the sidewalk acts as a "hump" for lack of a better description. So Im not really sure what my options are...Does the garage need to be jacked up and a new entrance/garage slab poured? I think what I would like to do is move the garage back as far as it can go and have a longer driveway leading up to the entrance of the garage so I can tandem park two cars. Im sure that would be pretty expensive though. MY second question is what kind of contractor do I get to come out and look at this? Concrete guys? Im not sure if they would be able to comment on moving the garage and then pouring a new driveway.
camaroz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I think Jacking up the garage and pouring height onto the old entrance would be the cheaper option than moving it back and making a longer driveway. Asphalt is cheaper than concrete and a lil less upkeep and id look online in your area for reviews for contractors that do driveways and they can always subcontract the jacking up the garage or vise versa.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote