Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #57
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I owned a 1996 Mustang Cobra with two small children with two car seats in it at one time! You say tongue and cheek but we already know you've lost the plot with "she lets me". Man card revoked!

I'll ask the real question did you want a manual or automatic ZL1?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #58
camaroz06

Drives: 2002 V6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
I owned a 1996 Mustang Cobra with two small children with two car seats in it at one time! You say tongue and cheek but we already know you've lost the plot with "she lets me". Man card revoked!

I'll ask the real question did you want a manual or automatic ZL1?
Auto as I cant drive a manual, I've wrecked an older trucks transmission trying, and I'm too lazy of a shit (yes I am that lazy) to try and learn again....man card further revoked? Maybe if it weren't going to be a daly driver I would have gone manual for a ZL1 or with the CTS-V.

I would have no desire to put kids into the back of a two door. So, plus for you I guess? Here, have my revoked (double revoked?) man card

Im not at all sure whats upsetting or "man card revoking" about saying my wife lets me do things. Maybe its incorrect thinking again on my part, she doesn't let me do these things I do them and she doesn't get mad.

You know what I don't actually care anymore.

I'm not even sure why I am defending myself. I'm not even sure why you bothered to come into this thread. Thanks for the sage thoughts, comments, and advice?

anyways back to something useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
Oh
I've read a few place where the hood hits the ribs on top the ZL1's charger lid. Do the external ribs have any function? The ZL1 lids dont seem too expensive and as long as I didnt have to "massage" the underside of the hood it could be on the short list of mods along with the airraid intake.

Is it possible to find info on the flow of each of the car's exhaust? I would assume besides the "dual mode" cutout on the ZL1 they would be similar since the engine (and headers?), are the same.

Last edited by camaroz06; 03-14-2014 at 02:42 PM.
camaroz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #59
MaxxMuscle
Blanchard Performance

Drives: 2014 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
Again, my life isn't ruined or dreams crushed. Tongue in cheek guys.

I'm 30 and about to soon start a family, in all honesty after talking it though with her a 2 door ZL1 isn't practical right now. So let me re-word, she brought me back down to earth with our "compromise"...its a 556hp beast of a machine for god sakes.....In fact its hardly a compromise on her part, its more like letting me get 99% of my way. I know shes still thinking "I'll let my husband get this crazy ass, gas hungry, expensive car....at least it has 4 doors so I got that going for me, why couldn't he have wanted a Fusion."

And boy does she let me get away with a lot. We just bought a house and I immediately took over room (which I think is the largest bedroom) and made it my cave, she lets me display my diecast airliner collections with only a eye roll (yes I'm a nerd), she doesn't give me flak for going out drinking with my friends, shes lets me randomly bring home kegs and invite people over without a fuss...there's a ton she lets me do. And she'd even be willing to let me pursue whatever I wanted to do career wise.
Does she have a sister
MaxxMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #60
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
Again, my life isn't ruined or dreams crushed. Tongue in cheek guys.

I'm 30 and about to soon start a family, in all honesty after talking it though with her a 2 door ZL1 isn't practical right now. So let me re-word, she brought me back down to earth with our "compromise"...its a 556hp beast of a machine for god sakes.....In fact its hardly a compromise on her part, its more like letting me get 99% of my way. I know shes still thinking "I'll let my husband get this crazy ass, gas hungry, expensive car....at least it has 4 doors so I got that going for me, why couldn't he have wanted a Fusion."

And boy does she let me get away with a lot. We just bought a house and I immediately took over room (which I think is the largest bedroom) and made it my cave, she lets me display my diecast airliner collections in the living room with only a eye roll (yes I'm a nerd), she doesn't give me flak for going out drinking with my friends, shes lets me randomly bring home kegs and invite people over without a fuss...there's a ton she lets me do. And she'd even be willing to let me pursue whatever I wanted to do career wise.
Yep, she's a keeper alright.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #61
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Well anyway....

OP, I see you are from Mass? Don't know which part. But Jannetty is about 2 hours from Boston I think. So you get that V wagon. And you take it to Ted and tell him to do his worst to it. Nobody, and I mean nobody, will see you coming with a wagon and you will smoke all.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #62
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Last year, one of our club members who happen to work for GM and gets to drive a company car once in a while, brought a V-wagon home for the weekend or so and brought it over to Woodward.
Boy did he have fun .
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #63
camaroz06

Drives: 2002 V6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Well anyway....

OP, I see you are from Mass? Don't know which part. But Jannetty is about 2 hours from Boston I think. So you get that V wagon. And you take it to Ted and tell him to do his worst to it. Nobody, and I mean nobody, will see you coming with a wagon and you will smoke all.
Interesting, good to know a shop that is familiar with these cars isnt too far away. If all goes right with the world and I have extra money to throw around I would like to upgrade the pulley and get a re-tune within a year or two. I guess the pulley I could do myself for pretty cheap but the re-tune is something I would need them to do and I guess I would look at injector upgrades as the same time.
camaroz06 is offline   Reply With Quote