Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-13-2014, 03:06 AM   #29
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I guess everyone else was ignoring you, but I'll bite.

Are you a putz? First, I'm guessing you don't actually have a 2015 ZL1 yet.

Second, if momma ain't happy, nobody is happy. If you haven't figured that out, then quit giving relationship advice, and I mean right now, do all of your friends a huge favor and stop it.

Finally, I say that I love my car and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Truth, I'd give it up in a heartbeat for the woman I love. As cool as this car is and as much as enjoy owning it, driving it, modding it, and caring for it, it is just a damn car. Itreally is.

Thank you, and good night.
Nice ! Go right for the name calling.I do not need to have my 15 ZL1 yet to have a view on this, I have as many ZL1's as the OP has. I do have plenty of nice cars and nicer women.
the mama ain't happy bit is so old. I believe a man should pick his own ride, if you can't afford to do that without the wife's permission that's your bad. if your woman is not happy after you bought a ZL1 she wasn't happy before. If a man is taking care of his woman she has a bad boy car of her own and could care less what toy he buys.also its been my experience by watching people that the women that hate theses sports cars with cramped back seats is because they can no longer get there fat a** in the back like they did before the kids and do not want a reminder of that fact.
As far as the relationship advice goes , if a dude comes to ZL1 forums and posts my wife wouldn't let me, that's a cry for help !

Thank you , good luck

Last edited by RealG; 03-13-2014 at 03:21 AM.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #30

Drives: Getaway Special
Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Sorry to hear this. CTS-V is nice...even the wagon.

You might need these, though...since your wife apparently has them.

The rule I am familiar with.. is...
I wear the pants.... she wears the panties....
Old 03-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #31
camaroz06

Drives: 2002 V6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Nice ! Go right for the name calling.I do not need to have my 15 ZL1 yet to have a view on this, I have as many ZL1's as the OP has. I do have plenty of nice cars and nicer women.
the mama ain't happy bit is so old. I believe a man should pick his own ride, if you can't afford to do that without the wife's permission that's your bad. if your woman is not happy after you bought a ZL1 she wasn't happy before. If a man is taking care of his woman she has a bad boy car of her own and could care less what toy he buys.also its been my experience by watching people that the women that hate theses sports cars with cramped back seats is because they can no longer get there fat a** in the back like they did before the kids and do not want a reminder of that fact.
As far as the relationship advice goes , if a dude comes to ZL1 forums and posts my wife wouldn't let me, that's a cry for help !

Thank you , good luck
Good lord, it was a post meant to be in good fun. Cry for help? You're a bit over the top. Just wanted to tell the boards that after looking at a ZL1 and being around the forum for a few years I'm excitedly going in another direction. I also wanted to know where the extra 24hp is at. And yes it is my fault we don't make enough money for me to go out and buy a car that only I would enjoy and no my wife's tight ass has no problems fitting in the back seat of a two door. But her reconstructed knee from her gymnastic year's does act up and it can be hard to get in and out. And I said before shes not into cars she wanted something practicle (4 doors and cargo space), I wanted something fast and a bit different so we got a V wagon which isn't all that different from a ZL1 powerwise so I'm not really sure where your coming from telling me I'm crying for help.
camaroz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #32
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Congrats on the V wagon. They sure are a head turner!!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #33
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
the cts-v wagon is awesome! Very rare too! Definately a future classic if I ever saw one.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #34
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
Good lord, it was a post meant to be in good fun. Cry for help? You're a bit over the top. Just wanted to tell the boards that after looking at a ZL1 and being around the forum for a few years I'm excitedly going in another direction. I also wanted to know where the extra 24hp is at. And yes it is my fault we don't make enough money for me to go out and buy a car that only I would enjoy and no my wife's tight ass has no problems fitting in the back seat of a two door. But her reconstructed knee from her gymnastic year's does act up and it can be hard to get in and out. And I said before shes not into cars she wanted something practicle (4 doors and cargo space), I wanted something fast and a bit different so we got a V wagon which isn't all that different from a ZL1 powerwise so I'm not really sure where your coming from telling me I'm crying for help.
Good lord , I was also having fun
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #35
camaroz06

Quote:
Good lord , I was also having fun
Well, you had me going.

Makes me think though I should debadge it to confuse the hell out of people...even though I'm guessing most people dont even kow what the V badges are.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #36
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
Well, you had me going.

Makes me think though I should debadge it to confuse the hell out of people...even though I'm guessing most people dont even kow what the V badges are.
That's the first thing you'll notice about the V's - very, very few people know what they are. You see the Camaro and you expect it to be fast. You see a Cadillac wagon and, well, you're going to surprise a lot of people.

Case in point. I was parking at the airport recently when I noticed a guy across from me getting his luggage out of the trunk of his Lexus LS460. I nodded good morning. He looks over at me as I'm walking away from my car and says "Cadillac huh?" I said "yep". He says "we looked at those but really wanted the V8 in the Lexus". I said "you didn't like the V8 in the Cadillac?". He looked puzzled. He replied "the Escalade?" I said "no, the CTS". Again he looked puzzled. In our five minute walk to the terminal in the early hours of the morning, he kept asking if I was serious they made a V8 Cadillac sedan. Like I was pulling his leg or something. I still laugh about it. Granted it was a Lexus owner...

On the street when passing, accelerating briskly through a turn, getting on a highway on-ramp etc. you'll see a lot of wide-eyed looks from other drivers. No one expects a Cadillac to quietly pull as hard as it does. And that's without exceeding 3,000 RPM. These cars are just silly. I still can't believe GM made them.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #37
blessedhellride

Drives: 2014 Z/28; 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
need pics
Old 03-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #38
camaroz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedhellride View Post
need pics
Unfortunately no pics yet, car is on order. GM just accepted it, no build week yet. Hopefully soon though since I assume they'll want to get the line revamped/moved for the 3rd gens that'll come out next year.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #39
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Congrats on the V... Awesome car!
Does the wagon have an option for a third row of seating?
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #40
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
If your wife wouldn't let you get one , this was not the car for you in the first place. This is a car for a special person, one that does not need permission to buy it, one that has to have it,gets it no matter what and wife gets turned on by it. Pure heaven.
If your with the right person this would be a non issue.
Good luck
Yes some people think like this but after a decade of paying off my Ex-wife I've changed my tune and the OP made a compromise and smart choice for his family. I didn't get my ZL until my youngest went off to University.

Great choice and your time will come to get your dream car. Family first, always.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #41
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
My rant to the OP and other men here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Yes some people think like this but after a decade of paying off my Ex-wife I've changed my tune and the OP made a compromise and smart choice for his family. I didn't get my ZL until my youngest went off to University.

Great choice and your time will come to get your dream car. Family first, always.

I also went down the ex wife road as have many others on here. We as men are going to pay no matter what. Either up front with compromising as the OP has to do, or in the end getting divorced. I chose divorce. When I was married I had dreamed of having a man cave with a room we never used formally. My ex even told me the day she was moving out, "now you can fix your home theater room up they way you want to"! I also purchased my ZL1 when my youngest moved out and now is in University the same scenario as yours! Years later, now with a good woman that doesn't play mind games and a new ZL1, life is good.

The truth is this and some of you will be hurt by this but. If a woman is saying no to what makes YOU happy then she is a dream killer. Some women are that exactly. Look back at your lives together and see if this is you? Do they become unhappy and their moods change when you are really happy? Do they share in your joy either it being cars, or golfing, or whatever activity you do by yourself? Just think of all the ideas that some of you want to do but it gets vetoed. Think back to the last disagreement/argument you had with your wife, who started it? No more mama not happy. She's not my mom to begin with.

OP you will love the CTS-V wagon. I owned the sedan when my kids were not driving yet.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #42
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
ZL1-V, you make some really valid points. The kicker is I could have had a ZL1 and a C7, mods, etc. with what I've paid out to get away from that miserable woman. But hey, life goes on and as you said I've got a 2nd who is a dream of a woman and supports all I want to do. But, there is a time for everything and when the kids were young and family was 1st it wasn't the time for a ZL. I could have, but it would be selfish and not really practice. JMHO...

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote