Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #155
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Delete this until you get the correct July nbrs ...July Camaro sale nbrs are for JUNE !
Take a deep breath.
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #156
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
"GM is setting up a dark period ahead for everyone" is a stretch.. Big stretch.. Auto sales will be going down sooner than later and it's not because of how they priced their Camaro.
I agree. The car enthusiast crowd is dwindling each year. More people concerned about tech than performance. SUV's and Hybrids everywhere, it's depressing.
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #157
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Chevy still has no clue that the prices are too damn high and the dealers don't have a clue that they are ordering too many cars with unneeded options. I have been looking for 10 months for a base 1SS with a manual trans with nothing more than black rims. Don't want mag ride, dual mode exhaust, just want a base 1SS. Maybe they will figure it out before the 2018s come out.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #158
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
I agree. The car enthusiast crowd is dwindling each year. More people concerned about tech than performance. SUV's and Hybrids everywhere, it's depressing.
Agree also. Seems that millennials have retreated to their safe-space to fret climate change

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #159
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
This thread should be moved to the 6th gen Camaro VS section
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:14 PM   #160
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
So, a friend of the family who is a corporate lawyer for one of GM's suppliers and his brother went on a tour last week of one of the suppliers for some Camaro parts facility (I think he said they make something to do with the gauge clusters). His brother is a car guy, and Mustang owner actually, asked the manager how they were doing with the Camaro sales being low. He was told they are actually over the projected numbers for the parts. So take it for what it's worth, but it seems like the numbers are just where GM planned them to be, and if anything a little better. I've said it before, it's not just about sales numbers when it comes to making the net profit you want...
Yeh...but I bet the dealers are steaming...A dealer has a 2SS that's been sitting on the lot since at least January. Looks like they wont order anymore SS models until they unload that one because everytime I stop by its the same old 2SS. Pathetic. But then again its about $47k.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #161
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudie7 View Post
Thanks so much! Im sure I picked well also. The Camaro is an outstanding performer.....
Are you so insecure about your car that you came here to gloat that the Mustang sells better?

Kinda sad dude. Either add to the community or move on.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #162
nvrsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Chevy still has no clue that the prices are too damn high and the dealers don't have a clue that they are ordering too many cars with unneeded options. I have been looking for 10 months for a base 1SS with a manual trans with nothing more than black rims. Don't want mag ride, dual mode exhaust, just want a base 1SS. Maybe they will figure it out before the 2018s come out.
Maybe one day you'll figure out that you can actually order the car EXACTLY the way you want it.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #163
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
I'll explain it. People bought the Mustang because it was cheaper. When they try to trade them in, they are upside down even though they put 4K down payment. The mustang trade value is low because of the incentives Fotd offered. Since they cant trade in the mustang and they can't afford to roll the negative equity into the Camaro, they are stuck with the Mustang. Ford is trying to help them by selling tune packages to increase the performance.
I bought a Mustang with a window sticker of $30,000 July 5 2014, because of a $4000 rebate and $2,000 X Plan I got it for $24,000. April 19 of 2016 I got $19,000 for trade on my almost base Camaro. I would say that was a pretty damn good trade in value. And I most certainly was not upside down.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #164
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Everyone countiues to bark about us not knowing where profits are now that sales are tanking. I don't remember anybody worrying about where profits were when the Camaro was the sales leader in fhe segment. It is possible to sell loads of a product and not make a profit too. Everyone on here claims that is what is happening to the Mustang. I also wonder how so many seem know what Ford's profits are on the Mustang. What theses companies are doing as a whole vs what one model is doing can be vastly different.

And the Mustang has been winning the sales game since November of 2014 during the time at which the Camaro had its highest sales months.

No 6thgen then so who knows.

Last edited by motorhead; 08-02-2016 at 04:32 PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #165
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
If this was true you'd be driving in that 1SS with no options and a manual transmission.

If you told a dealer that's what you wanted they call around and get that car delivered to you. Or do you really think that they haven't manufactured even one car with those set of options?
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #166
nvrsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
I bought a Mustang with a window sticker of $30,000 July 5 2014, because of a $4000 rebate and $2,000 X Plan I got it for $24,000. April 19 of 2016 I got $19,000 for trade on my almost base Camaro. I would say that was a pretty damn good trade in value. And I most certainly was not upside down.
On paper the dealer can state they are giving you a higher trade value to get you to accept the sale, but most times they are lowering the selling price of the new car to make up the difference. I go in and barter a cab price and get the lowest I can, then I tell them I have a trade in to be appraised. That way I will know exactly what I'm getting on trade and selling price
Old 08-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #167
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I don't think anyone could consider a Focus RS a sleeper though?
Anybody who has no clue that it has all that power, which would be 99% of the people I know, most people would just look at it and laugh and say "it's just a focus". They are not traditionally fast cars.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #168
nvrsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Everyone countiues to bark about us not knowing where profits are now that sales are tanking. I don't remember anybody worrying about where profits were when the Camaro was the sales leader in fhe segment. It is possible to sell loads of a product and not make a profit too. Everyone on here claims that is what is happening to the Mustang. I also wonder how so many seem know what Ford's profits are on the Mustang. What theses companies are doing as a whole vs what one model is doing can be vastly different.
You're right, it shouldn't be discussed.