Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #15
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
I have narrowed it down to Elite or Apex . I am trying to find out if one is better then the other B4 pulling the trigger . So far the Elite is cheaper ,but is it as good or better then the Apex ? Ether no one knows or won't say . My guess is they will be about the same.
We set out from the beginning to design a better catch can than anything else on the market. It has larger filtration and condensation surfaces and a longer path through the can which means the gases have more time to be pulled out of suspension. Other companies have increased the size of their cans to appear similar to ours but you will notice that the bottom 2/3 of their can is just an oversized empty collection vessel with only the top 1/3 being functional. Our can is just the opposite. The top 2/3 are functional with the bottom 1/3 being the collection cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11_Camaro View Post
My .02. I have the Apex catch can and would recommend it to anyone looking for one. Also, my experience dealing with Apex so far has been good, so that is another reason I would recommend them. I don't really know anything about Elite.
Thanks.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #16
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Thanks Apex , that is exactly what I wanted to know . Now I have a good reason to get the Apex catch can . Only question now is ,will there be a sale or group buy for Camaro5 members in the near future ? I a'm not opposed to a factory blem or scratch and dent .

Last edited by GONIF; 09-27-2014 at 12:35 PM.
GONIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #17
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric14SS View Post
Buy the Elite from JDP. Elite makes a good catch can and Tyler is a good guy.
Thanks for the recommendation and kind words. The Elite engineering catch can has been on the market for years, and are the can others copy when designing their catch can. We recommend and install them on all of our shop projects and personal cars.

"Elite Engineering; Often Imitated, never duplicated"

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions. Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #18
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
The Mike Norris can is probably the cheapest and works just as good as any of the others. Hard to beat $109 for the base unit or $129 for the gen II.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Thanks Apex , that is exactly what I wanted to know . Now I have a good reason to get the Apex catch can . Only question now is ,will there be a sale or group buy for Camaro5 members in the near future ? I a'm not opposed to a factory blem or scratch and dent .
No problem. We do not have any sales planned but I am sure we have a few blemished units we could set you up with. Just give us a call and we can get you set up.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #20
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
I love my APEX catch and how it is positioned in the engine bay.

My only recommend is for Apex (who I know is looking at the thread) to improve on the DIY write-up on their website - - or even better, make a YouTube vid and post on their web.

Youtube has a nice DIY - - took me about 20 minutes to install and put together.

Quote:
Ok ,I'm going to get one ,and it will be from a site sponsor .Now I need to know which one to buy Elite, Apex, or the new PCM . What makes one better than the other ? Let's forget about the price for now ,who is best ,and why ?
Les7311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #21
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
I will be calling Apex . Things being what they are I'm on a http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...76477589,d.cGE
Old 09-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
I will be calling Apex . Things being what they are I'm on a http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...76477589,d.cGE