Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #141
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Not much info here.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #142
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
I heard a rumor the 6th gen will have a flux capacitor :party0048:
Old 03-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #143
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I think the articles today on the 2013 Mustang tells us a lot more than anything today about what needs to happen to the 2013 Camaro.

* Minor facelift changes for refresh
* Need the 1LE option on the SS for more track improvements and HP jump on the 6.2
* Seat upgrades and less interior plastic
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #144
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Lighten it up! You don't have to increase the horsepower if you lighten the overall weight.

Improve the interior. Better supportive seats, get rid some of the cheap plastic parts. Do some cool stuff like being able to select the color of the ambient lighting, etc.

Use SS suspension & braking on all models.

GET A DECENT CONVERTIBLE TOP.

Incorporate some more of the 1st gen design cues. Hideaway headlights would be killer.

Make a Z/28. Use Carbon fiber in it.
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #145
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
The most popular years for collectors are not also the same years the Camaro sold the best.

Demand on the auction block is not the same as demand in the local dealer, as none of the people buying an older Camaro for an investment are going to buy a new car that just looks like it. And that's the trick - more people are buying the 1st gen Camaros as an investment, not a DD, which is why the price is where it is.

I'll not lie and say I wouldn't wholly support a 2nd gen styling, as in all honesty there is more room to make the car aerodynamic while still meeting safety and crash regulations. On the flipside, with the original body lines there'd be less room for rear seating.

About the only thing I'll predict is that the next Camaro will have a split-style bumper to match the Chevy car front fascia designs. In the same way that regardless what Audi, Acura, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Toyota, or Porsche you are looking at in the current line, you can see similarities and influences which tie the car to the others in the lineup.

Plus, I'd hazard the opinion that a full-height grille ala the Sonic could allow for better airflow capability, where instead of relatively wide but short intake...it would be taller and incorporate some of the design elements they've messed with on the ZL1 as far as engine cooling and whatnot.

All that said, I really love my Camaro, and probably won't be in the market for another new car again ever, so I am happy and content regardless of what they do with the 6th gen.
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #146
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post
The most popular years for collectors are not also the same years the Camaro sold the best.

Demand on the auction block is not the same as demand in the local dealer, as none of the people buying an older Camaro for an investment are going to buy a new car that just looks like it. And that's the trick - more people are buying the 1st gen Camaros as an investment, not a DD, which is why the price is where it is.

I'll not lie and say I wouldn't wholly support a 2nd gen styling, as in all honesty there is more room to make the car aerodynamic while still meeting safety and crash regulations. On the flipside, with the original body lines there'd be less room for rear seating.

About the only thing I'll predict is that the next Camaro will have a split-style bumper to match the Chevy car front fascia designs. In the same way that regardless what Audi, Acura, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Toyota, or Porsche you are looking at in the current line, you can see similarities and influences which tie the car to the others in the lineup.

Plus, I'd hazard the opinion that a full-height grille ala the Sonic could allow for better airflow capability, where instead of relatively wide but short intake...it would be taller and incorporate some of the design elements they've messed with on the ZL1 as far as engine cooling and whatnot.

All that said, I really love my Camaro, and probably won't be in the market for another new car again ever, so I am happy and content regardless of what they do with the 6th gen.
You have to be under 4' tall to sit in the back now! That's just the place I throw my hat for easy access...
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #147
soniccj7

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM
Please don't follow the Gens. If they do, they will stop production at gen 8.

I say move forward with what we already have.

For me, I never plan on selling my Gen5.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #148
K Love

Drives: 2SS/RS/LS3
What about mixing the old with the new... 2010 C5 with a 1969 fascia. Thoughts?
Attached Images

K Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #149
CamarOBX

Drives: 2011 2LT Camaro 1996 Nissan Sentra
Plz no just keep it at what it is and just go lighter. I like the style.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #150
K Love

Drives: 2SS/RS/LS3
Personally, I prefer the style as is too. I thought the mix of new and old was intereting though.
K Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #151
CamarOBX

I think it will look pretty much the same but they may round the back of the car out a little bit.

I mean you cant see out of it? Really if i can drive one so can anyone else.

Does it look like a hot wheels car? Kinda.... DO i like being in a hot wheels car? Heck yes. Now all i need is some orange track that does a bunch of flips and ill be good.

also yes its a little wide i guess... maby make it a little bit less wide to reduce weight. I mean its got a huge center console and no one can site in the middle part in the back anyway. so they could make it less wide.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #152
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Evolutionary and fresh. No need to try and think about rehashing old designs. They were good in their era, but like anything else, become dated over time.

The best thing about the 5th Gen is it is fresh, and salutes many aspects of old Camaros without looking like the old ones. Fits the overall profile and looks new.

Will it be smaller and lighter, probably? CAFE will dictate that. Will we have 4, 6, 8 Cylinders or Hybrids, probably?

I mention hybrids, and I mean this seriously, they do not have to be a Prius. THey will be technological extension on a proper performance level. Hell, if Porsche can do it, Inifniti can do it, then dog-gone it GM can get there also. It will have to happen eventually as the Market will dictate it.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #153
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
GM designers got their work cut out for them to equal the Gen5. You can do it!!
Sorry guys, no vote here for mechanical headlights. Nothing worse than seeing 1-up and 1-down on the road. Hidden without mechanical? Hmm. Blackened look, Yes! How? No idea. The front fascia must absolutely have a serious looking attitude (scowl), like now, or better. The rear fascia should say, "back off, don't screw with me". The Gen6 should be THE 4-seater muscle/sport car like its alway been. The Vette is the ultimate lighter performance 2-seater. My first Camaro was the '73 with the little 350. Beautiful gold car, but don't think the front looked fierce enough for today, like Gen5.
We should be able to easily tell the difference between a Gen5 and the new Gen6. Hopefully, with another -Wow- factor. Like damn, they did it again. I think I am voting for the Gen5 gently, generous, refreshed exterior evolution too. Confused adjectives, I know.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #154
CamarOBX

well idk if the v8s have this already or not but dont the chevy trucks have that thing where if you set the cruise or something and u hit the speed you want it cuts off 4 cylinders so u save gas?

My friend says his chevy truck does. will this some how effect proformance i dont know or see how.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation