Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-23-2018, 06:34 AM   #43
CTridico

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS/V6 2018 Ford Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
You mean like the 2 in 1 shocker??

Exactly!
CTridico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:26 PM   #44
AJL13

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
349$ is cheap!!
I would be curious to see the ET gains of a Trifecta tune VS axle back.
I wouldn't say axle backs add nothing. I would guess the two would have equally negligible results,..... BUT...
could you elaborate on how the trans characteristics have changed?
It holds gears longer and snaps off shifts a little bit quicker under WOT, especially in manual mode; the car sounds and responds incredibly when you snap off a WOT shift @ the 7K rpm redline. As a caveat, under light load driving, the holding gears for longer might become a little annoying. I talked to one of their developers and they said they are working on an update to make the shift points a little bit less aggressive in touring mode.

Also, the low-end power for everyday driving is better; it really improves the dead zone under 2K rpm. Throttle response is better in the low rpm range, too. They claim the calibration is good for 22 whp and 8 wtq peak gains, and they have the dyno sheet to support this; as a caveat, they used 91 octane for their tests so if you use regular, your gains are probably going to be, here's that word again, negligible.
AJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #45
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL13 View Post
It holds gears longer and snaps off shifts a little bit quicker under WOT, especially in manual mode; the car sounds and responds incredibly when you snap off a WOT shift @ the 7K rpm redline. As a caveat, under light load driving, the holding gears for longer might become a little annoying. I talked to one of their developers and they said they are working on an update to make the shift points a little bit less aggressive in touring mode.

Also, the low-end power for everyday driving is better; it really improves the dead zone under 2K rpm. Throttle response is better in the low rpm range, too. They claim the calibration is good for 22 whp and 8 wtq peak gains, and they have the dyno sheet to support this; as a caveat, they used 91 octane for their tests so if you use regular, your gains are probably going to be, here's that word again, negligible.
Thank you sir!
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #46
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I've never had any issue with shifting in touring or even in sport at low/part/high throttle. Shifts are smooth if you want them to be.

Now, when you are aggressively driving and trigger performance shifting mode, then yea, you may be caught off guard with how the car behaves, but this is not unique to the trifecta tune. It just may be triggered more often since you're gonna want to drive aggressive with the car. And any attempt to check your 0-60 will trigger it around that 60 mile an hour mark.

There is still a tiny remnant of the issue the car has where you just stopped and and are going to turn (like onto a cross-road) and the car doesn't shift properly (like it's not in 1st gear or doesn't respond to peddle travel properly). But this occurs far, far less than the stock tune.

With the tune (i have the option to enable cylinder deactivation when in touring and off for sport), you can still easily drive calmly and retain all the high mileage abilities of the lgx (my best 50 miles is over 40mpg).

disclaimer:
I also have axle back exhaust, cold air intake, and ported throttle body and only use 91 fuel. I've had the tune for well over a year now, and the car is 2 years old.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:29 PM   #47
AJL13

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I've never had any issue with shifting in touring or even in sport at low/part/high throttle. Shifts are smooth if you want them to be.

Now, when you are aggressively driving and trigger performance shifting mode, then yea, you may be caught off guard with how the car behaves, but this is not unique to the trifecta tune. It just may be triggered more often since you're gonna want to drive aggressive with the car. And any attempt to check your 0-60 will trigger it around that 60 mile an hour mark.

There is still a tiny remnant of the issue the car has where you just stopped and and are going to turn (like onto a cross-road) and the car doesn't shift properly (like it's not in 1st gear or doesn't respond to peddle travel properly). But this occurs far, far less than the stock tune.

With the tune (i have the option to enable cylinder deactivation when in touring and off for sport), you can still easily drive calmly and retain all the high mileage abilities of the lgx (my best 50 miles is over 40mpg).

disclaimer:
I also have axle back exhaust, cold air intake, and ported throttle body and only use 91 fuel. I've had the tune for well over a year now, and the car is 2 years old.
Boy howdy, and I thought my 37+mpg best 50 was impressive.

I just got back from a road trip to Scottsdale and on the way back I averaged right at 30 mpg; now this is with 80% of the driving on I-10 and I-5 where I'm doing 80+....not exactly loafing. The fact that I can do that while averaging 30 mpg (I finally fueled up after going 525 miles on the tank) is mind-blowing. The fact that it is quick also is like having your cake and eating it too. Shoot, it's really only 2-3 mpg off my old 2016 sonic 1.4t, which is nuts.
AJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote