Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
Piper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6 (sim)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_ View Post
I have the same problem. The problem seems to be compounded by the fact that this cat seems to like my car more than the others or it just does it to piss me off. I told my wife I am gonna catch it, put in my daily beater and haul it off some place well away from our place. She says it'll just come back. Anyway, I hope I don't get mauled, but it sure will beat having to buff out cat scratches and feet prints (these f&$%ers actually will rub feet prints into the paint!).
Yeh thats right just to piss you off! The cat is against you, he hates you. Oh and better yet! He knows the car is yours,lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
Piper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6 (sim)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
That sucks! I feel for ya. Can't stand cats.
I can not stand some humans either.....but we are forced to live together, so get over it!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #17
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Drives: 13 2SS/RS 6M, 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Yeh thats right just to piss you off! The cat is against you, he hates you. Oh and better yet! He knows the car is yours,lol.
Yeah I can tell by the way it looks at me lol
Old 02-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
These are strays. Tons of them in my apartment complex and local authorities will not come.

I was joking. I'd never kill an animal for walking on my car. It does bug me though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I had the problem of stays around my house also. One of my neighbors was feeding them and once they had a food source there were dozens of them. I spoke to the lady feeding them and she stopped and most of the cats went somewhere else. I had a friend who had the problem and he buys coyote urine and the cats smell it and run! LOL
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #19
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
I had the problem of stays around my house also. One of my neighbors was feeding them and once they had a food source there were dozens of them. I spoke to the lady feeding them and she stopped and most of the cats went somewhere else. I had a friend who had the problem and he buys coyote urine and the cats smell it and run! LOL
I think I'd rather just get the coyotes.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
I can't believe YOUR car is dusty...

But yea, I would catch/release. We do it at my place quite a bit. Maybe once a month or so. Safe/humane and keeps the car safe!
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #21
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
I can't believe YOUR car is dusty...

But yea, I would catch/release. We do it at my place quite a bit. Maybe once a month or so. Safe/humane and keeps the car safe!
My car lives outside under a carport. Accumulates dust but doesn't actually look dirty until it rains. Then the moisture in the air just makes mud on my car, which is what you're seeing there.

I would catch and release but thankfully I only have two more weeks in my apartment.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #22
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Yea I hear that. Mine is outside at all times with no car port and it does the same thing. Same color too. But boy does the color pop when it's clean...
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #23
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Yea I hear that. Mine is outside at all times with no car port and it does the same thing. Same color too. But boy does the color pop when it's clean...
Still never had a second thought on color. It's just the best.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #24
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Drives: 13 2SS/RS 6M, 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8
So far so good... I wait until it comes up to the car and just hit the door-lock button repeatedly to get the horn blowing in rapid succession. The cat runs off. By the time it comes back, my car has cooled down and someone else with a warm hood will attract the cat. Yeah... stupid, but it works for now.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #25
Carsnbikes

Drives: 2013 LS2
You need a CATapult!! A friend of mine had a cat relocation program he used with great sucess. He said the key is to relocated them on the other side of a river.
Carsnbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #26
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
I did the tuna with anti-freeze before. Not proud of it, but my neighbor had been feeding cats, and 2 turned into 20 in a summer, no joke. Then skunks started coming around. Anyway they had been doing the same thing and scratching my cars, I dealt with it, then they got into a fight and one jumped on my stingray corvette and every where it bled etched into the paint, had to get a new paintjob on it. After that it was tuna mixed with antifreeze, sucks, I know, but I had called animal control, talked with the neighbor, used cayenne pepper, moth balls, citrus, everything that was supposed to work and none of it did.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #27
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Rather than anti-freeze, glass and other things I wish I hadn't read ... use citrus-scented cleaners on your car. Cats do not like anything with a citrus smell. Works well as an air freshener in your car too. Eucalyptus and lavender are other natural cat repellents.

You can also use this: http://www.amazon.com/Contech-CatSto.../dp/B0001A9TE2
Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #28
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Human being are terrible. It's not the cats fault. Maybe we should kill all the people that can't afford a house with a garage? Does that sound fair? Killing helpless animals isn't the answer.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote