Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-26-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
DoItForDale

Drives: Black 2016 Camaro 2.0
2017 5.0 vs 2016 Camaro 2.0

DoItForDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
Johnny2343

Drives: 16 1SS 6mn npp
Wth ?
Johnny2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #3
SaGa

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT I4
What's that thing got done to it omg
SaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:52 PM   #4
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Lol crazy! And that's why factory don't matter.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:14 PM   #5
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Eat it 5.0
Old 11-26-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
lol just shared this with my buddy who has a 5.0 that's always talking trash on 2.0s....XD
Old 11-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #7
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Definitely need some details here!
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:23 AM   #8
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Crazy ur running the car without a tune with these results when the guy with the fastest 2.0 said without a tune you wont gain anything because the tcm wont let you. Maybe he can chime in on this? Doubt stock 2.0 will pull on a gt.
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #9
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
good stuff bro, would really like to see your 2.0 vs a ss!!!
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Lawl the guy that said no gains with bolt-ons and no tune was blowing smoke remember he didn't even drive his car for that pass... There's plenty of gains without a tune bjt you should tune if you decide on catless dp for safety reasons the same way you'd get a tune if you did longtube headers on a V8.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:53 AM   #11
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalThug View Post
Crazy ur running the car without a tune with these results when the guy with the fastest 2.0 said without a tune you wont gain anything because the tcm wont let you. Maybe he can chime in on this? Doubt stock 2.0 will pull on a gt.
I'm not him, but what I can tell you is that the TCM does limit power IF you have the 8-speed automatic. The car in the video is a 6-speed manual car, you can tell by the no-lift shifting. The 6-speed manual does NOT have this limitation.

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I'm going to hold myself back this time...Just seems like the best thing to do..
But, just for the record.. manual transmissions don't have or need a TCM.
Agreed. M6 doesn't have the A8 TCM it get's worse when you have a 2017+ A8 because you need to physically take the TCM out and mail it out to be unlocked. GM just hating on us all over again I couldn't get a straight answer out of the engineers at CamaroFest 7 for this either. Not to call it out here but your roll racing so your likely building boost long before you ever hit the pedal completely but beating a 5.0 Mustang is still awesome. Taking him from a Dig would be much more impressive though.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #13
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Agreed. M6 doesn't have the A8 TCM it get's worse when you have a 2017+ A8 because you need to physically take the TCM out and mail it out to be unlocked. GM just hating on us all over again I couldn't get a straight answer out of the engineers at CamaroFest 7 for this either. Not to call it out here but your roll racing so your likely building boost long before you ever hit the pedal completely but beating a 5.0 Mustang is still awesome. Taking him from a Dig would be much more impressive though.
Just stop, before you get in too deep. Have you been drinking this morning? A bit of Irish coffee on the way to work? I can assure you that GM is not 'hating' on anyone, let alone 'all over again'... I can't even. They are locking ECU's down due to the excessive amount of warranty claims from modified vehicles. It's the owners that don't take responsibility for their own actions that have forced GM's hand. GM wouldn't arbitrarily add complex and cost to a product unless it saw a significant need. So, your beef isn't with GM, it's with the shitty people that commit warranty fraud on a daily basis. The people that don't think rules apply to them. Those are the people with which you have an issue. That's why I point it out and give people shit whenever I see it happening. As far as GM Engineers not wanting to discuss it with you... Well if you approached them with as much tact as you generally show on here, I can fully understand why they wouldn't want to explain shit to the guy that just called them 'haters'. Why would anyone with the job title of 'Engineer' risk their livelihood to spell out why the TCM needs to be locked? That really should be common sense. Besides, I thought I politely told you to STFU about the damned TCM already? Just let it go already. I thought we had already hit peak annoyance around here when oemtech wouldn't STFU about his new 'dur HEMI' in every single thread, but you've far surpassed even him by now and have firmly earned the crown.

As far as building boost goes in an M6... Dude, you still don't firmly grasp how a turbocharger even functions. Don't start wading into areas in which you have zero experience. I mean really? Building boost in an M6 before they hit the throttle? That's definitely not how turbos work.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 11-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #14
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalThug View Post
Do you know what is done to this car? Or are you just guessing? Your comment is very confusing.