Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
jasonredline

Drives: CAMARO
**Redline Motorsports** On top of GEN6 DI

As the new GEN6 Camaro moves closer to production, there will be some new discussions on the new 5th small block which is now using Direct Injection fuel control. Up until now the GEN5 Camaro has been using a port fuel system which has been very flexible to upgrade from both injectors and fuel pumps. DI is a whole new animal which the industry has been working very hard into improving.

The strategy for calibrating is also quite different and if not done properly can lead to premature engine wear as well as catastrophic damage. Redline invested into GM’s new endeavor by purchasing two 2014 C7 Corvettes in 2013, which have extensively been used to develop and better understand the systems inner workings. This has allowed us to be prepared for GEN6 Camaro performance enhancements with confidence.

For those interested in better understanding the principle workings I have attached this link that was actually written by Howard Tanner, the owner here at Redline, for Vette Magazine a couple months ago. HT is also our resident calibrator and has been working very hard in reverse engineering the E92 controller so we have better control especially on the real high horsepower builds.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...-get-familiar/

As a company who had a big impact on GEN5 Camaro starting in 2009 we intent on doing the same heading into 2016!

Jason-Redline Motorsports
jasonredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Wow,,, tuner showing up before the car shows up. Nice to see that there is a huge support in aftermarket for Camaro world.

I won't be tuning my Camaro mainly because I want to keep my warranty, but I'll check in from time to time to see what kind of results can be had with aftermarket parts/tunes...
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
Wow,,, tuner showing up before the car shows up. Nice to see that there is a huge support in aftermarket for Camaro world.

I won't be tuning my Camaro mainly because I want to keep my warranty, but I'll check in from time to time to see what kind of results can be had with aftermarket parts/tunes...
LOL... sometimes you see the writing on the wall.
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #4
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Lightbulb

Some dealerships have a high performance shop too and will allow you to keep your warranty only if they perform the upgrades. One such shop I know of is:

http://www.libertyvillechevy.com/MiscPage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post