Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-12-2016, 05:54 PM   #43
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
Got to start a group to change Cali's insane restrictions -- too heavy handed!
Actually a good question......we are considering this as an option.
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:56 PM   #44
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post
Thank you!!

Howard, with the TT kit for 6-700 rwhp you mentioned above would the suspension parts be needed on a daily driver with MRC? Not tracking or drag racing my car. I just want the power for daily driving fun.
Again its all in the drivers demands. I think these parts will most certainly firm up the cars feel which is not only a power handling positive but will make the car drive more positive. Is it a must have item I'd say no.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #45
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
Again its all in the drivers demands. I think these parts will most certainly firm up the cars feel which is not only a power handling positive but will make the car drive more positive. Is it a must have item I'd say no.
Thank you, sir. My car is only going to be a daily driver. I just want the power (6-700rwhp) because I want to have something special. Couldn't afford a C7 Z06.

I will be more than happy with my Camaro SS and a set of twin turbos that will get to the 6-700rwhp level. I just want to do it the right way!!

I will definitely follow your updates and keep track of the progress you guys make. Please, keep us posted.

Thank you, Howard!!
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #46
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Thank you, sir. My car is only going to be a daily driver. I just want the power (6-700rwhp) because I want to have something special. Couldn't afford a C7 Z06.

I will be more than happy with my Camaro SS and a set of twin turbos that will get to the 6-700rwhp level. I just want to do it the right way!!

I will definitely follow your updates and keep track of the progress you guys make. Please, keep us posted.

Thank you, Howard!!
Of course! Feel free to stop up and check out the facility and meet the team....many things we are not ready to talk about yet and this recent leak was to let people know we are serious on this program. Hope we can give that needed power bump when it settles down.

Stay tuned!

HT
Old 01-12-2016, 08:05 PM   #47
MIAMI2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
Of course! Feel free to stop up and check out the facility and meet the team....many things we are not ready to talk about yet and this recent leak was to let people know we are serious on this program. Hope we can give that needed power bump when it settles down.

Stay tuned!

HT
Thank you, Howad. That would be really cool.

I have a lot to learn .

Last edited by MIAMI2SSRS; 01-13-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:35 PM   #48
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Thank you, Howad. That would be really cool.

I have a lot to learn .
Most certainly keep tabs on our evolution!
Old 01-14-2016, 07:49 AM   #49
MIAMI2SSRS

Thank you, Howard. Will most definitely do that.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #50
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Updates?
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #51
prod

Drives: HHR
I'm down in Sunrise on vacation, jealous of you guys who can drive cars like this year round.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:44 AM   #52
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
I had my ZL1 into Redline for a little love and I could not be more impressed. BY FAR, the most knowledgeable, customer friendly, professional group you will ever find. The under promise and over deliver. From the owner on down, best I have ever dealt with. I will be going back to get some more ponies later this spring and they are the reason I have no intention of moving off my Gen5.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #53
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I keep reading it's easier to hit 700hp or so with a Mustang without doing nearly as much work on the engine. Is the mustang really a more easily($$) modded car? Why is this the case?
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #54
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
I keep reading it's easier to hit 700hp or so with a Mustang without doing nearly as much work on the engine. Is the mustang really a more easily($$) modded car? Why is this the case?
From what I've seen (in my opinion) the only perceived reasons the 5.0 is easier to hit 700HP;
1) Because it has been out longer (5 years of development vs 2 in the vette and .5 in the Camaro) thus the aftermarket companies have had more time to develop improve and tweak.
2) Initial cost of investment, Mustangs start at around $33k vs the 1SS $37k, I know many people who spent minimal amounts on their cars with the plan of modding right away with the savings in order to out perform the more expensive cars (typically in a straight line) and the more people that go this route the cheaper it is for manufactures to recoup development costs.
3) A Camaro SS beats a 5.0 GT in every performance category stock, thus there is a lot more drive to boost a GT. If a Camaro SS beats a GT no one cares, it's standard, If a Boosted GT beats a SS or Corvette it's news and posted all over you-tube.

I don't think they respond better, I just think the development is still coming down the line and improving. All LT1 cars are still under MFG warranty that many owners might not want to void just yet.
2007 Z51 Corvette M6 (Salvage Project Car)
1987 Trans Am 350tpi A4 RIP
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #55
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAmx2 View Post
From what I've seen (in my opinion) the only perceived reasons the 5.0 is easier to hit 700HP;
1) Because it has been out longer (5 years of development vs 2 in the vette and .5 in the Camaro) thus the aftermarket companies have had more time to develop improve and tweak.
2) Initial cost of investment, Mustangs start at around $33k vs the 1SS $37k, I know many people who spent minimal amounts on their cars with the plan of modding right away with the savings in order to out perform the more expensive cars (typically in a straight line) and the more people that go this route the cheaper it is for manufactures to recoup development costs.
3) A Camaro SS beats a 5.0 GT in every performance category stock, thus there is a lot more drive to boost a GT. If a Camaro SS beats a GT no one cares, it's standard, If a Boosted GT beats a SS or Corvette it's news and posted all over you-tube.

I don't think they respond better, I just think the development is still coming down the line and improving. All LT1 cars are still under MFG warranty that many owners might not want to void just yet.
Pretty sure the DOHC design of the 5.0 Coyote breaths so much better than the OHV setup of the small block chevy, that it's much easier to get more power when adding boost.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:19 PM   #56
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
Pretty sure the DOHC design of the 5.0 Coyote breaths so much better than the OHV setup of the small block chevy, that it's much easier to get more power when adding boost.
+1

The head design + the valve train not being a limiting factor.

Another example is the old '13 GT500 Trinity engine. Made 662 hp, more than even the more modern LT4 offered in the Z06. That was with old tech in the GT500, with no VVT. And then also add the head design is actually superior on the 5.0 (let alone the 5.2) vs the 5.8, with a cylinder head based on a design from last century (1999).