Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-18-2018, 11:03 PM   #2003
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Isn't bringing Corvette into this a bit belittling to Camaro? Sort of a "my big brother can beat you up!" ideology. Camaro is a great performer and more than capable of fighting its own battles.
Not really. Ford has always positioned Shelby against Corvette, especially since they don't have a separate vehicle to go head-to-head with Corvette. This goes back to Stingray vs Cobra back in their SCCA days. After the AC Cobras stopped production the Shelby Mustangs stepped into the competition. Shelby models are also priced closer to Corvette than they are to Camaro.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:43 PM   #2004
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Isn't bringing Corvette into this a bit belittling to Camaro? Sort of a "my big brother can beat you up!" ideology. Camaro is a great performer and more than capable of fighting its own battles.
Oh lord. We have another one floating around. Just when my block list was kind of quiet.

I put the Vette in there because that is what Ford trolls will end up comparing their cars too. Get a clue man.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:17 AM   #2005
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I don't think the Z06 will need to battle the GT500. I think the ZL1 will do pretty well or will flat out win.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:46 AM   #2006
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Let's do a refresh in case anyone has forgotten the pecking order.............

Camaro SS > Mustang GT (Insert whatever model including the Bullitt)
Zl1 > GT350 and GT350 R
Zl1 1LE > GT350 and GT350R
Z06 > (Upcoming 500)
ZR1 > Ford GT.
Fixed it for emphasis

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:16 AM   #2007
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Chill the hell out bro. It's not my fault that Ford played a dumbass game here and roped people along while milking them out of their money. For all the extra money of the Bullitt and the extra hp, it won't beat the A8 SS with that M6 and it won't beat the 1LE on the PP1 package. So what are you really paying for? Oh right, a more expensive GT with 15 extra hp that still loses...
Because they can and they know people will buy it. That is smart business on Ford's part. Why are you mad that on Ford's special edition instead of just graphics and paint like the Hot Wheels Camaro they gave it a slight power bump? Probably helps people in their mind justify paying the extra $ for it and that is smart on Ford's part.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #2008
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Fixed it for emphasis
Hahaha, I knew I was forgetting something.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #2009
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Fixed it for emphasis
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #2010
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Keep it going! This could be the biggest thread ever. Trust the Process.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #2011
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Keep it going! This could be the biggest thread ever. Trust the Process.
Nah..

The 2013 GT500 thread holds that crown.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #2012
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Nah..

The 2013 GT500 thread holds that crown.
That was an awesome thread. I don't think it's awesomeness will ever be topped.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 02-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #2013
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Because they can and they know people will buy it. That is smart business on Ford's part. Why are you mad that on Ford's special edition instead of just graphics and paint like the Hot Wheels Camaro they gave it a slight power bump? Probably helps people in their mind justify paying the extra $ for it and that is smart on Ford's part.
I'm not mad at all. I just think it sucks that Ford took the three awesome parts that together could have beaten the SS 1LE and divied them up in different trims. GT PP1 gets the A10 options, GT PP2 gets the better suspension, and the Bullitt gets the 460 hp engine. I'm not talking about the business aspects of Ford's decision. I'm saying that if they had put all three of those components in one package then they could have beaten the 6th Gen Camaro at least once this entire S550 platform. But I also get that a package of that magnitude would probably also beat the Shelby and Ford isn't going to allow a lower trim to beat a Shelby this Gen.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #2014
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
If history is any indication, for 2020 (possibly the last year of the S550 if rumors are true) the GT will get the Bullitt motor. So...possibly the 2020 GT could come in at 475ish HP.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #2015
shaffe

Quote:
I'm not mad at all. I just think it sucks that Ford took the three awesome parts that together could have beaten the SS 1LE and divied them up in different trims. GT PP1 gets the A10 options, GT PP2 gets the better suspension, and the Bullitt gets the 460 hp engine. I'm not talking about the business aspects of Ford's decision. I'm saying that if they had put all three of those components in one package then they could have beaten the 6th Gen Camaro at least once this entire S550 platform. But I also get that a package of that magnitude would probably also beat the Shelby and Ford isn't going to allow a lower trim to beat a Shelby this Gen.
The way I read these two posts, it made seem like you questioning the business aspect/customer rational of why they would buy it like it was a waste

Quote:
If they were going to make the Bullitt with M6 only, and the PP2 is manual trans only, then they could have made the Bullitt with the PP2. AT this rate the Bullitt, despite the extra cost, won't fare any better around a track than the PP1 GT. And it probably won't do much better than the A10 GT in the quarter mile. So what are you paying the extra money for if it isn't better around a track and isn't much better in a straight line?
Quote:
Chill the hell out bro. It's not my fault that Ford played a dumbass game here and roped people along while milking them out of their money. For all the extra money of the Bullitt and the extra hp, it won't beat the A8 SS with that M6 and it won't beat the 1LE on the PP1 package. So what are you really paying for? Oh right, a more expensive GT with 15 extra hp that still loses...
The part's I have bolded I think show where it could have been read as why are they building/why would any one pay for this.

I also wouldn't be shocked if the PP2 did run better than the 350( I don't think it will, just wouldn't shock me) IIRC the Boss 302 being as good as it was was part of the reason the 13 GT500 went from 540 to 662 HP bc they were so close.

It also wouldn't shock be bc I believe this is the last year of the 350 and people will still buy them regardless lol. And Ford history has shown they have 0 issue dropping a much better vehicle in the next model year of the same generation, so it wouldn't shock me to see them do it same year as well. The 350 is basically unchanged from 17. It's basically leftovers they are calling 18s. I don't even think you can some of the new techy stuff like the 12" digital lay out in the 350. So it wouldn't surprise me if the PP2 outdoes the 350 (Again I do not think it will)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
If history is any indication, for 2020 (possibly the last year of the S550 if rumors are true) the GT will get the Bullitt motor. So...possibly the 2020 GT could come in at 475ish HP.
Like speed said The Bullitt engine will probably trickle down to base GT once it's run is over but IMO I don't think the extra 15HP would really give it any extra go. The previous Bullitt cars were also made when there was no "performance packs"

Last edited by shaffe; 02-19-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:46 PM   #2016
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
The way I read these two posts, it made seem like you questioning the business aspect/customer rational of why they would buy it like it was a waste

The part's I have bolded I think show where it could have been read as why are they building/why would any one pay for this.
Depending on the price, I think it would be a waste. It is a GT PP1 with 15 more HP, a manual trans, and a Bullitt badge. If I were in the market I would get the regular GT PP1 over this and save the extra money. And I think the GT PP2 will probably be a better performance deal. I get it that not everyone is looking at it from a performance aspect. And I understand that not everyone is concerned with beating the Camaro. But in this conversation where we're discussing Mustang vs Camaro I would have to say the Bullitt doesn't sound like much of a performance deal.
Quote:
I also wouldn't be shocked if the PP2 did run better than the 350( I don't think it will, just wouldn't shock me) IIRC the Boss 302 being as good as it was was part of the reason the 13 GT500 went from 540 to 662 HP bc they were so close.

It also wouldn't shock be bc I believe this is the last year of the 350 and people will still buy them regardless lol. And Ford history has shown they have 0 issue dropping a much better vehicle in the next model year of the same generation, so it wouldn't shock me to see them do it same year as well. The 350 is basically unchanged from 17. It's basically leftovers they are calling 18s. I don't even think you can some of the new techy stuff like the 12" digital lay out in the 350. So it wouldn't surprise me if the PP2 outdoes the 350 (Again I do not think it will)
The GT350 was built to be their ultimate car (for now). So I think it would hurt sales and their reputation if the GT350 gets discontinued and then for the next MY the GT comes out much cheaper and performs better. I don't think Ford will pull a stunt like that.