Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-26-2015, 04:33 AM   #1
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
1SS Needs More Options

Based on the information/feedback that's available I must say that Chevy needs to make leather seats and HUD available as an option for the 1SS. HUD should really be standard at this point. Bose should be an option like the Boston setup was on the gen5 Camaro 1ss. The heated steering wheel/seats should be available as a Cold Weather Package. Illuminated sill plates and 24 color interior spectrum should be a Lighting Package.

1SS EQUIPMENT
-INTERIOR-
✓ Cloth sport front buckets (Medium Ash Gray or Jet Black)
✓ Air conditioning, single-zone automatic climate control
✓ Audio system feature, 6-speaker system
✓ Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night, frameless
-EXTERIOR-
✓ Mirrors, outside power-adjustable, body-color

2SS EQUIPMENT
-INTERIOR-
■ Leather-trimmed sport front buckets seats (Medium Ash Gray, Jet Black, or Kalahari) *Kalahari is not available with Bright Yellow
■ Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and dedicated passenger controls and outside temperature display
■ Audio system feature, Bose premium 9-speaker system
■ Head-Up Display, with color digital readouts for vehicle speed, selected gear, G-Force, audio system information, high-beam indicator, compass, outside air temperature, turn signals, tachometer, vehicle messages, Turn-by-Turn information and phone information
■ Interior trim, aluminum accents on door trim and shifter cap
■ Lighting, interior spectrum, 24 different color selections
■ Memory Package, recalls 2 driver "presets" for 8-way power driver seat and outside mirrors
■ Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming, frameless
■ Seats, heated driver and front passenger
■ Seats, ventilated driver and front passenger
■ Sill plates, illuminated
■ Steering wheel, heated
■ Universal Home Remote, includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable
■ Wireless Charging for devices
-EXTERIOR-
■ Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable and driver-side auto-dimming, body-color
■ Rear Park Assist
■ Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
■ Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert

Last edited by CamaroBody; 08-26-2015 at 04:46 AM.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:39 AM   #2
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
They are. It's called 2SS.

But seriously, what's the point of a 1/2 designation if you can add all of 2 to the 1 package. For ease of building, they are packaged as trim lines. Saves on manufacturing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:25 AM   #3
craz8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS black
I would settle for just leather as an option and really I think it should be standard on all SS. All of the extra tech on the 2SS I could do without. Fact is they are pushing the 2SS. It's a marketing thing.
craz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:02 AM   #4
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
They don't need to make any of it available. That is what 2SS is for. And all that stuff is standard on 2SS. By the time you put all that stuff in a 1SS as options, you would exceed the 2SS base price. The only option I see that is really to gripe about is HUD. That should be optional on 1SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................

Last edited by iPODFAN11; 08-26-2015 at 08:50 AM.
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:06 AM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz8 View Post
I would settle for just leather as an option and really I think it should be standard on all SS. All of the extra tech on the 2SS I could do without. Fact is they are pushing the 2SS. It's a marketing thing.
My feeling as well. Only thing I want from a 2SS is the leather.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #6
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
1SS with HUD option would be nice. Adding HUD on the 5th gen is rather intensive with a lot of dash out work. I would expect the same on the 6th. Strange you can get MRC on the 1SS but not HUD. No love for the non-leather gang. HUD to me is a safety feature.

Good leather with heat can be added aftermarket for a grand +-. Perforated leather is all you need. I find here in S TX. No need for cooled with perforated leather.

Of course they are driving you to the 2SS with the option set up.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #7
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
So... let me get this straight... first, the pricing on these camaros is FAR too expensive ("omg this is rediculus how could chevy do this y dont we get everything for free and cheapr u no wut 4get it im buying a mustang now #goteamford") and they come with FAR too much standard equipment ("like srsly u guys i dont need a rs package standard thats so dumb give me a v8 n wheels n thats it") but now they need more options??
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:58 AM   #8
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
I think the idea is to get a 1SS for 4 grand less than a 2SS and add the options that you would add to the 2SS. The main ones blocked on the 1SS seem to be HUD and leather. But leather is a easy after market item for better quality. HUD seems to be the main item most want on the 1SS that is not optioned.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #9
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I would like the upgraded stereo available as an option on the 1SS, like the 5th Gen. I would also like a black wheel option available for the 1SS as well. Why do I have to get leather seats and gobs of technology just to get black wheels? Makes no sense.

I don't want to speak for the OP, but perhaps he feels with the overly large price hike, the 1SS should come with more, like the HUD as a standard feature for that price.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #10
QulkDeAtH

Drives: 2016 SS Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I would like the upgraded stereo available as an option on the 1SS, like the 5th Gen. I would also like a black wheel option available for the 1SS as well. Why do I have to get leather seats and gobs of technology just to get black wheels? Makes no sense.

Those are the two things I hope they make optional for the 1ss. Not spending 4k extra for a stereo and tech I don't want and then have to add on the wheels for extra on top of that.
QulkDeAtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #11
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
You understand that your not building a custom car and somethings are packaged for savings.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #12
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
So... let me get this straight... first, the pricing on these camaros is FAR too expensive ("omg this is rediculus how could chevy do this y dont we get everything for free and cheapr u no wut 4get it im buying a mustang now #goteamford") and they come with FAR too much standard equipment ("like srsly u guys i dont need a rs package standard thats so dumb give me a v8 n wheels n thats it") but now they need more options??
LOL. I hear you. I think it's obviously why Chevy did not give us a stripper 1SS or lots of options for it. Because if people on this forum are split into these two camps, neither would sell enough. Marketing and sales data are a pain.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #13
DevonK

Drives: TBD
About the OP's list - I thought the big IP LCD was a 2SS exclusive - is it standard on the 1SS?
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:03 AM   #14
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonK View Post
About the OP's list - I thought the big IP LCD was a 2SS exclusive - is it standard on the 1SS?
Yep 1SS gets 8" screens in the cluster and dash standard.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote