Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #29
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Well once we know the specs, the others upgrades may end up falling short of what is standard on 1SS and 2SS. Then then value will be even greater. It's guessing right now I know, which why I can't say the price is bad or good until we know how it does. But from a features standpoint the 2SS is still a good value, apples to apples.

The PP on the GT will really be bad since it couldn't help it beat a 5th gen 1LE, and if the 1SS 6th gen handles better than the 1LE 5th gen, then even more value is in the 6th gen's court. The only thing the Mustang will have to claim is it is simply cheaper, but Dodge can say that too about the R/T. And both will offer less than a 6th gen 1SS.

wait for performance numbers, then we can revisit the whole "price" issue.
I agree and have said the same thing.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #30
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Because the Scat Pack is an upgrade over the base V8 and the PP is an upgrade over the GT Premium.

How does the SS coming with coolers, 3.73 and run flats change the fact that none of those are upgrades over the base V8?
There is no need to upgrade as the upgrades of the GT and Scat Pack is what comes stock on the SS. Look at what there upgrades consist of and price, then compare to the SS. I guess if you don't want the performance parts, then you have no choice.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:08 PM   #31
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Because the Scat Pack is an upgrade over the base V8 and the PP is an upgrade over the GT Premium.

How does the SS coming with coolers, 3.73 and run flats change the fact that none of those are upgrades over the base V8?
Who cares about upgrades if the "upgrades" don't match or surpass stock on the 6th gen? Especially if you need those upgrades to compete with the car but the price ends up almost the same?

Let's face it, the Scat Pack actually makes the Dodges relevant. Good performance, acceptable handling for what is dead middle between a 1SS and 2SS price if not closer to the 2SS side.

The PP doesn't best the performance suspension of the last gen rival, and it's strip times don't beat it's own previous gen. But it is cheaper than the rest.

Seems to me we have a good competitive mix going on between features/performance/price.

Edit: I think we are on the same page....wait and see

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:11 PM   #32
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
There is no need to upgrade as the upgrades of the GT and Scat Pack is what comes stock on the SS. Look at what there upgrades consist of and price, then compare to the SS. I guess if you don't want the performance parts, then you have no choice.
The GTPP get's larger wheels with better tires and larger, 6 piston brakes.

The Scat Pack gets the 6.4 with 485 hp and Eagle F1 tires.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #33
13vertss

Quote:
The GTPP get's larger wheels with better tires and larger, 6 piston brakes.

The Scat Pack gets the 6.4 with 485 hp and Eagle F1 tires.
There still only 19" and the same tires P Zero I have, so I don't know how much better they are. As far as brakes go, yes they get front upgrade to 6 piston Brembos, but are still running single piston rears on 13" rotors. So I would say the 4 piston Brembos on all 4 corners is as good or slighly better. The Scat weighs how much and needs the F1 to make it even in the same conversation.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #34
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Other than the 18" wheels, you just described the 1SS. The only things it has on it other than the heavy duty cooling is the 8" screens which don't add any weight. Unless I'm missing something.
Right but it does so at a much higher price based on a GT. Hell you can add the pp to the gt and still cost less with more. If they some how do hit the weight they've promised then I will gladly eat crow and completely understand the price. If not then we were not only lied to many times but charged extra for nothing.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #35
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Right but it does so at a much higher price based on a GT. Hell you can add the pp to the gt and still cost less with more. If they some how do hit the weight they've promised then I will gladly eat crow and completely understand the price. If not then we were not only lied to many times but charged extra for nothing.
Seems fair. I will have a hard time justifying the price too if doesnt deliver performance better than the competition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Old 08-26-2015, 07:40 PM   #36
Bhobbs

Quote:
Who cares about upgrades if the "upgrades" don't match or surpass stock on the 6th gen? Especially if you need those upgrades to compete with the car but the price ends up almost the same?

Let's face it, the Scat Pack actually makes the Dodges relevant. Good performance, acceptable handling for what is dead middle between a 1SS and 2SS price if not closer to the 2SS side.

The PP doesn't best the performance suspension of the last gen rival, and it's strip times don't beat it's own previous gen. But it is cheaper than the rest.

Seems to me we have a good competitive mix going on between features/performance/price.

Edit: I think we are on the same page....wait and see

I believe the PP left room on the table to avoid the constant complaining about the 1LE's ride. Almost every review I read loved the 1LE on the track but complained about the ride on the street. The PP also sells a lot more than the 1LE.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #37
SuperSound

Quote:
I believe the PP left room on the table to avoid the constant complaining about the 1LE's ride. Almost every review I read loved the 1LE on the track but complained about the ride on the street. The PP also sells a lot more than the 1LE.
That's what I have read too. Which is why it will be interesting to see how the base SS suspension does and how it rides. But with MRC you will get the best of both worlds. Ford should be looking to offer it on the GTs.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #38
13vertss

Quote:
Found this on another forum. Shows what the 1SS has over the base GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khell86 View Post
Performance aside, basically the 1SS offers dual 8 inch screens and 20 inch rims over the base GT. Is that worth 4K?
It's way more then that.

1) dual 8" screens
2) differential cooler
3) tranny cooler
4) extra compacity engine cooler
5) exterior oil cooler
6) 4 piston Brembo on all 4 corners
7) 3:73 gears
8) 20" wheels with staggered performance tires
9) auto climate control
10) 20 more HP and 55lbs torque
11) rev match
Plus you have the options of active exhaust, sunroof, mag ride, and a 8 speed auto.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #39
Bhobbs

Quote:
That's what I have read too. Which is why it will be interesting to see how the base SS suspension does and how it rides. But with MRC you will get the best of both worlds. Ford should be looking to offer it on the GTs.

I know Al O has said otherwise but I would be very surprised if the base SS without MRC bested the 1LE. It will out accelerate the 1LE and probably out brake it but I don't see it out gripping the 1LE.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:52 PM   #40
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
I know Al O has said otherwise but I would be very surprised if the base SS without MRC bested the 1LE. It will out accelerate the 1LE and probably out brake it but I don't see it out gripping the 1LE.
Maybe it beat it the same way the gt500 beat the zl1. Outrun iton the straights and good braking even though it's behind in the corners.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #41
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Found this on another forum. Shows what the 1SS has over the base GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khell86 View Post
Performance aside, basically the 1SS offers dual 8 inch screens and 20 inch rims over the base GT. Is that worth 4K?
It's way more then that.

1) dual 8" screens
2) differential cooler
3) tranny cooler
4) extra compacity engine cooler
5) exterior oil cooler
6) 4 piston Brembo on all 4 corners
7) 3:73 gears
8) 20" wheels with staggered performance tires
9) auto climate control
10) 20 more HP and 55lbs torque
11) rev match
Plus you have the options of active exhaust, sunroof, mag ride, and a 8 speed auto.
Those 20's and plethora of coolers are what scares me about the weight. Now imagine the car had none of those. A lower price point and a lower weight. That's a true "base" 1ss that Chevy should offer. None of those except maybe the extra rad's are needed for a daily driver with no track time.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #42
SuperSound

Quote:
Those 20's and plethora of coolers are what scares me about the weight. Now imagine the car had none of those. A lower price point and a lower weight. That's a true "base" 1ss that Chevy should offer. None of those except maybe the extra rad's are needed for a daily driver with no track time.
Yep, which is what makes me think there will be no 1LE. We already have a track ready 1SS. MRC just helping make it tamer on the streets. Too early to tell though.