Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-28-2015, 02:13 PM   #15
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
If you get the NPP exhaust, do we know where the switch is going to be to make it quiet or loud?
I can't speak for the Camaro, but on my Stingray the selector knob is located on the centre console between the seats like this one.

Name:  2014_Corvette_Shifter_and_Drive_Mode_Selector.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  106.0 KB
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #16
Pckrfan795

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey ZL1M6
^thats a corresponding preset drive mode though. You are supposed to be able to customize these
Pckrfan795 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #17
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
All I need to know is if you can easily mod it to keep the valves open all the time. I did the fuse pull on my 1LE and love it.
No mod needed, just program each of the driving modes to have the "Track exhaust note".
Old 08-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #18
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Found this video which seems to me to mean you can leave it in track for any mode you want.

Yes, I seem to recall a GM rep during one of the reveals talking about the ability for us to program the exhaust as desired.

Also, I'm seeing there are 4 modes:

Engine sound management
(if equipped with dual-mode exhaust) Snow/Ice = Stealth, tour = tour, sport = sport, track = track (ss only).

now how much it changes between modes...well, we'll have to find out.

I'll try to find the video regarding programming the driving modes with user defined exhaust mode.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #19
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
I thought I read that the NPP will not add any Hp in the Camaro, is that confirmed or speculation?
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #20
ericspt

Drives: '14 Z51 C7 SC'd, '14 S4, '15 SQ5
You will want to turn it off in a manual at high way speeds.

The drone in a C7 is maddening in track mode cruising at 70-80mph.

In the C7 NPP is closed until you hit a certain pedal travel on the accelerator, I'm sure it corresponds to a lot of other things but in Touring I can leave the light very quit and after a certain point it pops open.

In all modes it is closed, in 4th gear, under 35mph. It's open in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, but in 4th its closed so its quiet in a neighborhood.

On the C7 you can either let the system manage it, or shut it off, but there are 2 sets of valves.

Touring - Closed until hard acceleration then first baffle opens
Sport - First baffle open, then second opens
Track, both open.
ericspt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #21
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
I thought I read that the NPP will not add any Hp in the Camaro, is that confirmed or speculation?
Nothing official one way or the other. It may not given the setup of the LT1 in the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericspt View Post
You will want to turn it off in a manual at high way speeds.

The drone in a C7 is maddening in track mode cruising at 70-80mph.

In the C7 NPP is closed until you hit a certain pedal travel on the accelerator, I'm sure it corresponds to a lot of other things but in Touring I can leave the light very quit and after a certain point it pops open.

In all modes it is closed, in 4th gear, under 35mph. It's open in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, but in 4th its closed so its quiet in a neighborhood.

On the C7 you can either let the system manage it, or shut it off, but there are 2 sets of valves.

Touring - Closed until hard acceleration then first baffle opens
Sport - First baffle open, then second opens
Track, both open.
Interesting, thanks for sharing

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #22
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
And who is listening to you driving down the road at highway speed? Lol from what I've seen on the C7 forums is most don't know unless they see the indicator on the dash. I don't think it was like that on the L99. So they have definitely made some improvements.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Car people notice. It's not just on the highway when it kicks in either. Why do you think we buy aftermarket exhaust and such, sounds important. My buddy has a C7 and when we cruise and I listen to his car next to mine and his AFM kicks in, it sounds like a 4 cylinder. Sounds odd inside the car too to me.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:40 AM   #23
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Car people notice. It's not just on the highway when it kicks in either. Why do you think we buy aftermarket exhaust and such, sounds important. My buddy has a C7 and when we cruise and I listen to his car next to mine and his AFM kicks in, it sounds like a 4 cylinder. Sounds odd inside the car too to me.
That's because it IS a 4 cylinder.

It's also why AFM has multiple flex couplings in the exhaust and why everyone that takes those out with an aftermarket exhaust and doesn't eliminate AFM is VERY disappointed. The engine vibrations are much worse in AFM and it needs very well tuned engine, transmission and exhaust mounts. Changing any of these will have negative consequences for NVH.

All the AFM cars I've driven will go into 4 cylinder mode as low as 40 mph depending on throttle position. One reason that AFM in the trucks is so much better is they weigh so much it doesn't really engage until highway speeds.