Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #15
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
having had both, leather is not worth spending the extra $$$ on compared to some other options you could have (e.g. MRC).

Additional (Inflammatory) Comment: Do we really need heated seats & heated steering wheels??? We have really become a nation of sissies (oooh my steering wheel is cold!)
to be fair, there is no reason to avoid it if its an option, that's like saying I don't want a mattress because I can sleep on the floor

Also, living in Ohio there have been days when I got in the car, took off my gloves, touched the steering wheel, and put my gloves right the hell back on; I don't want to think about people that live in the colder climates
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #16
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
I want leather, but don't want all the other stuff on the 2SS. I will have Katskins leather added afterwards. Even the kit is only about $750, and my shop will install it for a few hundred bucks...this way I can pick exactly what I want.
This, yes. Katzkin has nice perforated leather that is a grade above the oem. The price given by the dealer in post#4 above is crazy high. Ask a couple of dealers and you will find the shop they all use for after market stuff like leather and sun roofs. May have to call to check on perforated leather.

http://www.katzkin.com/
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #17
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I wonder if for the '17 or '18 MY if there will be some tweaking with options. Maybe a Recaro option will be available with the 1SS.

I don't mind cloth seats but they retain everything and overtime the car smells like a gym locker, pollen, etc. Also some stains become permanent. Perhaps the cloth can be easily cleaned?
Old 08-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #18
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
This, yes. Katzkin has nice perforated leather that is a grade above the oem. The price given by the dealer in post#4 above is crazy high. Ask a couple of dealers and you will find the shop they all use for after market stuff like leather and sun roofs. May have to call to check on perforated leather.

http://www.katzkin.com/
Straight from Katzkins website. But then again, I don't really have any connections or hookups in the industry so that is retail pricing. Guess I should have states that.
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:19 AM   #19
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I have always had leather interior in my vehicles. However, cloth interior now is alot nicer than it used to be and while I think I would still prefer leather, almost every car now puts leather in a higher trim only with a bunch of other options I don't care about
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #20
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JClay View Post
2016 2SS is one of the most comfortable seats I seat in. A huge improvement over last gen.
Little off the topic, but what do you think of the support from the seat? I haven't had a chance to sit in one. I know it won't be like Recaro seats, but do you think the seat is worthy of being in a sports car?
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #21
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
My only concern over the leather seats is that the white interior looks great with the blue exterior. But white leather will be a pain to keep clean.
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:50 PM   #22
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
My only concern over the leather seats is that the white interior looks great with the blue exterior. But white leather will be a pain to keep clean.
I have white leather in my car......never again. Never again will I own a car with white interior is a DD
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #23
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I have white leather in my car......never again. Never again will I own a car with white interior is a DD
It stinks, cause it looks so good.

I need to see Kalahari with blue exterior.

Black is just too boring.
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #24
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
I have cloth in my Trailblazer, and they have held up very well with basically no maintenance. Very comfortable, no sliding, and never gets hot. Leather, especially in hot sunny climates, doesn't seem to hold up as well. With that said, leather looks much nicer, and I think the additional options that come on the 2SS are worth it. I miss the extra options more than I miss the leather in my truck.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #25
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I sat in front of the interior configurator for 10 minutes switching between
1SS and 2SS and have come to the conclusion that I like the extra buttons
on the 2SS

I think I would like the LED lighting package too.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #26
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I think the answer is simple. Can you easily (or do you at least not mind) afford an extra 4+ grand for a 2SS over a 1SS?

I can afford it yes, but I chose long ago not to spend over a certain amount on a new Camaro no matter what....so 1SS it is for me.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #27
JClay

Drives: Unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
Little off the topic, but what do you think of the support from the seat? I haven't had a chance to sit in one. I know it won't be like Recaro seats, but do you think the seat is worthy of being in a sports car?
In short yes. Its' side bolsters gives you enough support to keep you centered, and the seats doesn't feel like cheap leather. At least the ventilated ones don't.
JClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #28
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
I really like the alcantara suede in my Lightning better than straight leather or cloth. It's like the best of both worlds- the grip and ventilation of cloth with a more premium look. My Gen 5 leather at under 18,000 miles is already showing wear. Straight cloth just has a cheap feel/impression to it, I would probably go with leather over cloth if budget wasn't an issue.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote